• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I very well could be all alone on this......BUT

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO a certain kicker on the Boise State football team who initially was signed to be both the place kicker AND the punter has just not worked out (at all) as he was expected to do when he was signed by Boise State. I hate to say this about any college athlete (in any sport) but I think he has been a waste of a scholarship. Since he has been at Boise State the Broncos have given FOUR other kickers (maybe more?) scholarships to guys who either walked on at Boise State or signed as new scholarship recruits (in the case of Wale).

The ONLY area where this certain kicker for Boise State has been doing a good job has been on kickoffs. This season he's been the punter as well as handling the kickoffs and his punts have been inconsistent at best. He is averaging 37.85 yards per punt so far this season and that's hardly a world beating average. He is currently tied for 100th best in Division I football with Boston College's punter. The current leading NCAA punter is Arizona State's punter and he has an average of 55.3 yards/punt - which is roughly 17.5 yards MORE per punt that Boise State's punter.