• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think we've seen enough

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To conclude that Stafford is > Sanchez? You can throw in Freeman with that, too.

While there have been ups and downs, you can’t argue with the numbers. Stafford has thrown for more than 4,500 yards, with 36 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. There have been far more ups than downs.

“All I can say is, that boy ballin’,” said wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Megatron isn’t kidding. Stafford has thrown for over 370 yards in three of his last four games. He’s tossed 10 touchdowns with one interception over that span.

Stafford has room to grow. He can be more accurate and make better decisions, but he’s also only 23 years old. He has taken a huge step forward this year.

Stafford’s progress keyed Lions playoff push | ProFootballTalk

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been saying that since the guy went 9 qtrs without throwing a TD. Next to Tebow, that kid is definitely the most overrated QB in the league. NY has been known to be harsh on their players but they also have the opposite effect in giving blind praise to their players. Just chalk it up to some good ol' east coast BSPN biased hype.

As for anyone who argues Sanchez over Stafford, I'm assuming they don't watch football and base their opinions by the amount of pepsi commercials.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think freeman will rebound, he's still young but he did take a huge step back this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's NY for ya, once hailed and praised, but now Sanchez is about to get the ax... lol....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's NY for ya, once hailed and praised, but now Sanchez is about to get the ax... lol....

i hope they keep sanchez, because if they don't who do u think they're gonna go after? i'd hate to end up swapping qb's with the jets this offseason. dirty sanchez won't have holmes and plaxico here

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope they keep sanchez, because if they don't who do u think they're gonna go after? i'd hate to end up swapping qb's with the jets this offseason. dirty sanchez won't have holmes and plaxico here

hmm, i wouldn't think they'll swap with us, cant see Rex or NYJ going after Smith or we go after Sanchez.

It's NYJ after all, so they would make a splashy signing/move at QB if they depart from Sanchez. I'm not sure what they're trade chips are to go after a Luck or RG3.... so thats unlikely.

Maybe, if Brees doesn't resign with the Saints, they'll throw the kitchen sink at him?(not knowing their cap room)

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance neither Rex or Sanchez will be in NY next year. Rex's act has to be getting old for management.

As for Brees....if that relationship goes sour in NO, we better be in the mix as well. Just my two cents.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a chance neither Rex or Sanchez will be in NY next year. Rex's act has to be getting old for management.

As for Brees....if that relationship goes sour in NO, we better be in the mix as well. Just my two cents.

I agree with all of this...how big a chance is hard to say, but I have to believe that the whole Rex Ryan act is wearing thin not just management but the fans as well.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm, i wouldn't think they'll swap with us, cant see Rex or NYJ going after Smith or we go after Sanchez.

It's NYJ after all, so they would make a splashy signing/move at QB if they depart from Sanchez. I'm not sure what they're trade chips are to go after a Luck or RG3.... so thats unlikely.

Maybe, if Brees doesn't resign with the Saints, they'll throw the kitchen sink at him?(not knowing their cap room)

there's no splashy qb available. if they go after smith that could leave dirty sanchez as the best available qb. it's shaping up as a possibility, because if the jets don't make the playoffs rex might need a scapegoat to save his job

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trent Dilfer ranks highest 'Ceiling'

1. Josh Freeman (23)
2. Mark Sanchez (24)
3. Sam Bradford (23)
4. Matthew Stafford (23)
5. Matt Ryan (26)
6. Joe Flacco (26)

Sanchez has very good, but not elite arm talent, with good ball speed, accuracy and the ability to make off-balance throws. He has plenty of athleticism and an exceptional football IQ

Sanchez has a Jeter-esque presence

I would of been for taking him at pick 10 in 2009 and starting over by cutting Smith and trading Gore.

But that looks like it wouldn't of worked out well for us now with having a QB worse than Alex Smith.

Just broadly comparing the situations.
Smith was a 21yo starter. Sanchez only played about half his games at 22.
Smith with not a lot of game time in college and in a spread option read offense.
Sanchez had less games but he was in a standard offense.

Smith had no consistent O-Line or Offense.
Sanchez has had a good O-line and the same offense.

WR corps accomplishments go to Sanchez.

6.39 yards per att is WEAK

and the schedule hasn't been tough. They played OAK and BAL. The BAL game was ugly but not near the 21 sacks+hits Smith had to deal with.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no splashy qb available. if they go after smith that could leave dirty sanchez as the best available qb. it's shaping up as a possibility, because if the jets don't make the playoffs rex might need a scapegoat to save his job

I'd probably take Matt Moore over both.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clausen would be an upgrade over moore

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

what does "in the mix" mean? no harm in asking but can't see us giving up a ton........and it'll take a TON. Harbaugh is not a passing coach, so will we maximize him?

Brees is now Mr. New Orleans, can't see it going sour next season?