• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think we've seen enough

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never understand why this debate was even there. Sanchez did something like 12 TDs to 20 INTs his rookie year and they went to the AFC Championship. Then, just because he stepped it up from shitbag to decent QB in the playoffs the Sanchez side was saying his stats weren't telling the whole story.

Sanchez is good for the Jets no doubt, in the same way that Smith has been good for the 49ers this year. Which makes it easy to forget the bigger picture that the Lions are where they are today because of Stafford, and while they still did OK without him a year ago, they didn't even come close to the playoffs. While both the 49ers and Jets could easily replace their team QBs and still produce similar results.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never understand why this debate was even there. Sanchez did something like 12 TDs to 20 INTs his rookie year and they went to the AFC Championship. Then, just because he stepped it up from shitbag to decent QB in the playoffs the Sanchez side was saying his stats weren't telling the whole story.

Sanchez is good for the Jets no doubt, in the same way that Smith has been good for the 49ers this year. Which makes it easy to forget the bigger picture that the Lions are where they are today because of Stafford, and while they still did OK without him a year ago, they didn't even come close to the playoffs. While both the 49ers and Jets could easily replace their team QBs and still produce similar results.

smith is head and shoulders better than sanchez. it isn't even close, like come on...

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
smith is head and shoulders better than sanchez. it isn't even close, like come on...

I would take Smith over Sanchez just because I can't stand USC, but "head and shoulders? I don't know about that, Harbaugh is the reason Smith is having a somewhat decent year. But he's still just a game manager at best, the 9ers need a playmaker!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I agree... but, I wasn't saying that. I was saying Stafford plays in a QB driven offense that is scary as shit because of how good he is... while Sanchez and Smith play in team oriented offenses that don't scare anyone.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I agree... but, I wasn't saying that. I was saying Stafford plays in a QB driven offense that is scary as shit because of how good he is... while Sanchez and Smith play in team oriented offenses that don't scare anyone.

So is that what they call inept offenses now in this era of having to always be politically correct? LOL

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is that what they call inept offenses now in this era of having to always be politically correct? LOL

No weirdo, that is what I call offenses that are built on the premise of not turning the ball over so that the defense and special teams can win the game. Which backfired in a big way for the Jets this year when they tried to open it up for Sanchez and his turnovers led to a string of losses.

Everyone wants to open it up with the incredible QB, but sometimes you just have to accept that your QB isn't winning shit on his own and he just needs to play his role in the team. Which in Sanchez and Smtih's case is to limit turnovers and let the defense and special teams win games. While also making a few plays here and there to make 4th quarter comebacks happen.

Are you seriously going to troll everyone on this board? Fucking idiot.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does "in the mix" mean? no harm in asking but can't see us giving up a ton........and it'll take a TON. Harbaugh is not a passing coach, so will we maximize him?

Brees is now Mr. New Orleans, can't see it going sour next season?

As for "in the mix", I want our hat in the ring not on the sidelines. If it becomes too rich for our blood so be it. Your next obvious question is what I think is too much. I have no idea. I've never been a hobby general manager. Me throwing out numbers and/or picks would be a pure shot in the dark. There are plenty of others on the board that can project down the penny what it will take....not me though. If he hits the market, I would like us to participate in the bidding, that's all.

As for Mr. New Orleans, I generally agree. But several reports are the two sides are miles apart and also that Brees won't sign a tag contract. I admit it's a long shot, but a lot of people thought Pujols would never leave St. Louis. So, you never know.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not many qb's have staffords arm and that includes guys like rodgers and brees. locker might be the only guy that comes close. but stafford couldn't run the offenses of the packers or saints because they're missing a key ingredient to staffords success

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No weirdo, that is what I call offenses that are built on the premise of not turning the ball over so that the defense and special teams can win the game. Which backfired in a big way for the Jets this year when they tried to open it up for Sanchez and his turnovers led to a string of losses.

Everyone wants to open it up with the incredible QB, but sometimes you just have to accept that your QB isn't winning shit on his own and he just needs to play his role in the team. Which in Sanchez and Smtih's case is to limit turnovers and let the defense and special teams win games. While also making a few plays here and there to make 4th quarter comebacks happen.

Are you seriously going to troll everyone on this board? Fucking idiot.

yep, we're always hoping for more deep passes, but we shouldn't push too hard.........not this year anyway. maybe with a full off-season THEY (everyone on offense) can take it up a notch? but for now lets be happy we're winning the turnover battle.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tell me which of these qbs you'd want on your team:

[YOUTUBE]GeMp8t2--H8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no wonder our offense stinks. our best pass catcher plays LT and our best blocker plays qb...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

[YOUTUBE]Sanchez Flinches[YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Smith Decks Ellis[YOUTUBE]

Well, if our entire offensive playbook consisted of various types of option plays where the QB was needed to block - Then, Smith. Otherwise, I'd take Sanchez as a bridge.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I said all along we just couldn't compare because Stafford couldn't stay on the field. But I will concede that he is the better quarterback after he has proven he can stay healthy. I still think Sanchez can be a good quarterback. He shows some flashes, but then fumbles two snaps on the same drive. He's like the poor mans Eli Manning. Just when you want to put him in that next level of quarterback, he makes some bone head throws and you just shake your head.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[YOUTUBE]GeMp8t2--H8[/YOUTUBE]

Well, I get you are making a joke, but I want my quarterback to throw the ball. I could care less how well they block.

Last edited by a moderator:

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, I get you are making a joke, but I want my quarterback to throw the ball. I could care less how well they block.

well, I also care about the toughness of a qb, how they hold up when the pocket's collapsing around them, whether they panic and make an ill-advised throw when that happens, etc.
qbr: 90.5 vs. 79.0
INTs: 5 vs 16
%: 61.0 vs. 56.2
W/L: 12-3 vs. 8-7
I know which qb I want out of these two.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I also care about the toughness of a qb, how they hold up when the pocket's collapsing around them, whether they panic and make an ill-advised throw when that happens, etc.
qbr: 90.5 vs. 79.0
INTs: 5 vs 16
%: 61.0 vs. 56.2
W/L: 12-3 vs. 8-7

I agree, but I wouldn't judge Sanchez toughness off of that play. That looked more like he wasn't paying attention and got startled. It is funny though. But he showed a lot of his toughness at USC. I think Sanchez problem is that he is trying not to make mistakes instead of just playing. When you see him play, it looks like early Alex Smith years. When you watch Smith play right now, it looks like he is confident in himself and confident that the other guys and coaches have that same confidence in him. (until they get in the red zone apparently)

When you watch Sanchez play, it looks like hes trying not to get in trouble by his dad. You know when you are playing with you brother when you're young and you hurt him on accident, then the first thing you do is look over your shoulder to see if dad saw?? That's what it reminds me of. If he is able to get through that and is as mentally tough as Smith, is still up in the air.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I also care about the toughness of a qb, how they hold up when the pocket's collapsing around them, whether they panic and make an ill-advised throw when that happens, etc.

QBr:........90.5 vs. 79.0
INTs:...........5 vs 16
Comp%:...61.0 vs. 56.2
W/L:.......12-3 vs. 8-7

And if these #'s were to become reversed next year would your choice remain the same? Just curious.