• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think we should try and trade Orakpo

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah , who could use a 3x pro bowl OLB

Clearly not many want this particular 3x pro bowl OLBer. Remember it was you in the above posting that wrote "HAD" his best year....this should never be said of a still active player!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly not many want this particular 3x pro bowl OLBer. Remember it was you in the above posting that wrote "HAD" his best year....this should never be said of a still active player!

dude we have played 4 games . he started off slow last season . i suspect he will push 10 sacks and allow others to get sacks which cant be measured and his hits and pressures still lead the team

now is that worth 11 mil ? no But he is an above avg OLB and is at least the 2nd best defender on the field for us

and if no one wants him in FA stymie then we get him back cheap

i see no reason to get rid of him at this point

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude we have played 4 games . he started off slow last season . i suspect he will push 10 sacks and allow others to get sacks which cant be measured and his hits and pressures still lead the team

now is that worth 11 mil ? no But he is an above avg OLB and is at least the 2nd best defender on the field for us

and if no one wants him in FA stymie then we get him back cheap

i see no reason to get rid of him at this point

With your opening line here you've just summed up the futility of this team year after year after year. Given that I'll play on your turf for a minute. To quote you you've written that he "started off slow last season" I DO NOT disagree with this at all, however, when the team is technically out of playoff contention after their first few games, what good is it to pick it up later? Then he like others are playing to keep their jobs and the money rolling in.

Yeah we get him back in FA, but what are we getting? Two things: 1. A guy that no one else wants except us.......because, 2. His lack of inspired play during the first few games will contribute to your team being out of the playoff hunt before the mid-season mark.

Maybe getting rid of him, is not the answer, but waiting for him (and others) to pick things up is exactly the formula that has eliminated this team from any hope of seeing playoff possibilities.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your opening line here you've just summed up the futility of this team year after year after year. Given that I'll play on your turf for a minute. To quote you you've written that he "started off slow last season" I DO NOT disagree with this at all, however, when the team is technically out of playoff contention after their first few games, what good is it to pick it up later? Then he like others are playing to keep their jobs and the money rolling in.

Yeah we get him back in FA, but what are we getting? Two things: 1. A guy that no one else wants except us.......because, 2. His lack of inspired play during the first few games will contribute to your team being out of the playoff hunt before the mid-season mark.

Maybe getting rid of him, is not the answer, but waiting for him (and others) to pick things up is exactly the formula that has eliminated this team from any hope of seeing playoff possibilities.

what we are getting back is a 3x probowler with the potential for more on the cheap at its best

at its worst we are getting an above avg OLb on the cheap

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what we are getting back is a 3x probowler with the potential for more on the cheap at its best

at its worst we are getting an above avg OLb on the cheap

I'm willing to bet that he begins to "pick it up" once the team is somewhere in the 1-6.....2-5......1-7.....2-8 record range. People will gloat and say how good he is and blah, blah, blah, but by then paper bags will be the #1 accessory for fans attending games.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo vanishes way too much to be highly paid

This is the first post you have made in this thread that makes any sense what so ever.

Rak is a pass rusher. He is not a great pass rusher but he is a pass rusher. Pass rushers get paid because as we have seen in Washington they are very difficult to find and to replace. So somebody will pay Rak a lot more than 5-7 million a year. So he will walk and the fans will be happy. And make no mistake I don't want to overpay for him either.

But if you think the defense will be better off you would be wrong. Don't know if anyone has noticed or not but Trent Murphy has not really shown to be more than "a guy". He certainly does not have the quick burst off the line that Kerriban and Rak have. As much as Rak disappoints there will be a drop off to Murphy IMO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first post you have made in this thread that makes any sense what so ever.

Rak is a pass rusher. He is not a great pass rusher but he is a pass rusher. Pass rushers get paid because as we have seen in Washington they are very difficult to find and to replace. So somebody will pay Rak a lot more than 5-7 million a year. So he will walk and the fans will be happy. And make no mistake I don't want to overpay for him either.

But if you think the defense will be better off you would be wrong. Don't know if anyone has noticed or not but Trent Murphy has not really shown to be more than "a guy". He certainly does not have the quick burst off the line that Kerriban and Rak have. As much as Rak disappoints there will be a drop off to Murphy IMO.

Kind of confused by your reply. Do you want to keep him or not? You can't just say that you only want him if they don't pay more than $7 M. Things don't work like that. Lots of teams overpay for guys - it all depends on the situation. You can't have a team that strictly consists of guys getting paid exactly what they deserve.

If you believe that a player should be retained & you pay him an extra $1-2 million a year so be it. I really don't have much of an issue with the Skins LB corps. They have much greater issues elsewhere. If the Redskins had even an average secondary I believe that the rest of the defense would look that much better.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - that "only pay them what they deserve & no more" approach is currently biting the Pats in the ass. I have to believe that the losses of Welker & Mankins are hurting that team to a significant degree. I believe that they wanted to retain both players but did not since they would not agree to a lesser salary.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of confused by your reply. Do you want to keep him or not? You can't just say that you only want him if they don't pay more than $7 M. Things don't work like that. Lots of teams overpay for guys - it all depends on the situation. You can't have a team that strictly consists of guys getting paid exactly what they deserve.

If you believe that a player should be retained & you pay him an extra $1-2 million a year so be it. I really don't have much of an issue with the Skins LB corps. They have much greater issues elsewhere. If the Redskins had even an average secondary I believe that the rest of the defense would look that much better.
hes saying both, rak is over payed but murphy is a down grade so the skins will have to pick their poison.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes saying both, rak is over payed but murphy is a down grade so the skins will have to pick their poison.

I would gladly "settle" for paying Orakpo a little more money. This team already has enough holes on defense. Now if it meant paying him an extra $5M+ per season then that is a different matter.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your confusion because I have had the hardest time figuring out what I want the team to do myself. If my math is right you are suggesting they pay him 1-2 million more than the 7 million figure I used. Problem is $8-9 million won't get it done. Someone will pay him way more than that, probably closer to 12M + for the reasons I already stated. My position continues to be I don't want to pay that much for a player who has shown not to be a game changer but that means a big drop off in our pass rush and a hit to a defense that already sucks. I know it's early but has Murphy shown you anything so far that would make you comfortable switching him out for Rak?

Last edited by a moderator:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just gotta hope murphy turns out and let rak go.