• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Gore will be cut

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore should go to Germany like Kobe and get that blood transfusion thing done. Worked for Kobe a few years ago.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 9ers would have a passing threat this season then Gore might have his best season ever. He has endured some of the worst passing attacks in his career and still made some plays. I'm still a gore supporter over any RB on this team.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 9ers would have a passing threat this season then Gore might have his best season ever. He has endured some of the worst passing attacks in his career and still made some plays. I'm still a gore supporter over any RB on this team.

:agree: He really is a class act and his passion is deeper than most.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The key to that is probably to spend less time with 7 OL and 2 TEs on the field.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't fool yourselves.

Emmitt Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson ended up finishing their careers elsewhere... this could easily happen to Gore.

In fact, if Lattimore shows he's ready and fully recovered and ready to be a feature back this season, guess who's gonna be asked to take a major paycut?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't fool yourselves.

Emmitt Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson ended up finishing their careers elsewhere... this could easily happen to Gore.

In fact, if Lattimore shows he's ready and fully recovered and ready to be a feature back this season, guess who's gonna be asked to take a major paycut?

Emmitt and LdT? How about Craig, Lott, Montana and Rice? It isn't as if the Niners are above cutting ties with a "legend" when he's no longer a good value.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fool yourselves.

In fact, if Lattimore shows he's ready and fully recovered and ready to be a feature back this season, guess who's gonna be asked to take a major paycut?[/QUOTE]

There is zero percent chance Gore gets asked for a paycut. He's due a 3 mil roster bonus so they would just cut him if they wanted to save money. Which I also think there's also a zero percent chance.

But this is Gore's last year with the Niners and he may finish up his career on another team for sure.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This old Gore, he ain't what he used to be, ain't what he used to be, ain't what he used to be

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness, the 49ers have said they dont want to ask Gore for a pay cut. I do think it is a good chance that this is Gore's last year and no contract rework. The problem with our current RBs is both Hunter and James are change of pace backs and neither are a replacement for Gore. Lattimore cam be if he cam return to form after his injury. Hopefully we'll find that out this season.

exactly. gore might show signs of slowing down but hopefully hunter and lattimore can carry more of the load this year to keep gore fresh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss Gore when he is gone. What a great player and great person. Guy just wanted to win.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Niners win it all this year. Really want Gore to get that ring. He is a class act, but father time catches up to everyone.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to take a big pay cut (why would he put off being a FA one more year; he wants the 6.54 million or a new contract. Any 31-year-old RB would).

And think about it: They already have 4 RBs under contract. They can either go with Lattimore / Hunter / James & possibly draft a RB they like + sign a starting FS or CB for the amount Gore will be making or they can START a cheap vet' / rookie at FS or CB w/ Gore's 6.54 on the books. I can't see Baalke doing the latter.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it happening.

I don't think he'll get cut. He'll quietly be asked to re-structure his contract downward. If he won't do it then the 49ers should thank him for his service and wish him well with his new team.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the discussions are like if any between Baalke and Harbaugh about Toby G.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most I doubt Gore gets cut and he is a very classy player. He is one of the players on the 49ers I really want to go out winning a SB. I remember reading an article about Gore a few years ago and they said he cried in his car after losing a home game. He is a very dedicated player and my favorite on the team. Out of all my 49ers jerseys Gore, VD, Willis, Rice, Young, etc. I always wear my Gore jersey every sunday. I would love to see him play a few more years and one day make it into the HOF. But also even tho I would be upset to see Gore leave it would help the team saving 6 million we could use at other positions. Then we could bring in a FA RB for cheap or draft a RB early like Hyde and go for a speedy RB late like Archer.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe they'd cut Gore even if he declined to restructure or take a pay cut. I don't doubt Baalke and Harbs see Gore slowing down and that he's not what he was, but he means so much to the team that they know in the long run it'll hurt them more than saving a couple million this year.

Gore has been THE guy ever since he became a starter and he's the longest tenured 49er. He was there when the team sucked ass and he never asked to be traded, demanded to be the highest paid guy, had off field issues, whatever. Everyone else on the team either was drafted after Gore or brought in after him. He may not be the best player anymore, but I don't doubt he's the most respected in that locker room.

If Lattimore is a stud he could become the starter over Gore, but that still wouldn't change the respect factor. This is one of those times where you need to throw out what may seem the most logical thing and keep him on because it's the right thing to do. After that, let Gore go in FA and it'll be seen as a mutual thing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be his last year as a Niner if every thing goes right with Lettimore. I will miss gore when he is gone. Great player for us and a great 49er. He wont get cut this year. Doesn't make much sense.