• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I take this as a "NO"... to Sammy Watkins

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams | Like Sammy Watkins

Fri, 28 Mar 2014 06:01:32 -0700
St. Louis Rams head coach Jeff Fisher praised Clemson WR Sammy Watkins' talent, but he also said he likes what the team has at receiver. "I think with what we have on the roster right now, we can provide (quarterback) Sam (Bradford) with the talent to where we can win a lot of games," Fisher said. "We're expecting improvement. We're still seeing improvement from (receivers), for example, Brian Quick, Chris Givens who are going into their third year."
- See more at: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, with Fisher saying he likes the WRs on the roster now, it sounds like he's setting himself up for a "no more excuses for Bradford" scenario. A tactician he is not.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 0% of what coaches say this time of year. Or what the media puts out there.

Take Desean Jackson for example.

Media reports that he's on trading block. Then reports that he's not, then reports that he might be cut, then they report Jackson had a 1on1 with his coach and said he wasn't going anywhere. Then the coach was asked straight up by the media and he gave some politician type of answer.

Then a day later he was cut from the Eagles. It's laughable.

Take what anyone says this time of year with a grain of salt.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 0% of what coaches say this time of year. Or what the media puts out there.

Media reports that he's on trading block. Then reports that he's not, then reports that he might be cut, then they report Jackson had a 1on1 with his coach and said he wasn't going anywhere. Then the coach was asked straight up by the media and he gave some politician type of answer.

If they just discovered that he was linked to 2 gang related murders as reported, then it makes perfect sense to dump him the way they did. Only time will tell now.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but we have heard these stories a thousand times every year

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that Fisher's answer was the reverse of what he would have said if it was smoke and mirrors...Why would anybody want to trade up to #2 if they wanted Watkins, if they knew the Rams wouldn't take him ??? And if the Rams did take him, the trade-down was off the table at anyway...

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this one out Boss, he talks about a few other players, even Clowney.

Fisher sounds as if Rams will pass on Watkins : Sports

Interesting article Zeke, but it sounds like typical "coach speak" throughout. Fisher seems to like everybody from Wadkins to Clowney to Lewan, to Matthews.......covered all his bases didn't he. I hope we don't take Lewan at 13 if he's available. Rather see us draft a good safety. Lewan seems to be another scum bag from all that I've read about him. Sorry, I have a wife and daughter. I root against players who help other players cover up a r*pe.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way we take Watkins is if we trade back and Matthews, Robinson & Clowney are gone. I just don't see Fisher passing on Matthews. It makes perfect sense for Fisher to talk up Clowney and make teams think we will take him. he will be the trade bait if the Rams want to trade back from 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mutigers, that usually takes a 3-5 year clip to fully understand the moves the FO makes on draft day.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that Fisher's answer was the reverse of what he would have said if it was smoke and mirrors...Why would anybody want to trade up to #2 if they wanted Watkins, if they knew the Rams wouldn't take him ??? And if the Rams did take him, the trade-down was off the table at anyway...

If teams think the Rams are sold on taking Watkins. Teams may not think they are interested in trading back. I see this as game playing by the coach. maybe shopping their errr... I mean the skins #2 pick :heh:
I would think the Rams would be willing/want to move back some, but if they stay I would think they take Watkins. Especially after hearing him name his WRs now.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could look at coaches and say what is and isn't smoke and mirrors then they obviously aren't very good at using smoke and mirrors. Just a thought.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams coach Jeff Fisher gushed over Clemson WR Sammy Watkins at the league meetings this week.

"He’s very, very explosive," Fisher said. "I mean, he’s good with the ball. He’s good without the ball. He’s one of those guys that can pluck a ball at his ankles running full speed. He’s gonna be a very, very good pro." Sitting at No. 2 overall, the Rams are going to basically have their pick of the litter if they choose. Watkins will be in the mix, along with OT Greg Robinson and DE Jadeveon Clowney. When speaking about Clowney, Fisher said he's "learned over the years that you can never have enough pass rushers." Fisher believes Robinson could kick inside and play guard or right tackle, in addition to left tackle.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams coach Jeff Fisher gushed over Clemson WR Sammy Watkins at the league meetings this week.

"He’s very, very explosive," Fisher said. "I mean, he’s good with the ball. He’s good without the ball. He’s one of those guys that can pluck a ball at his ankles running full speed. He’s gonna be a very, very good pro." Sitting at No. 2 overall, the Rams are going to basically have their pick of the litter if they choose. Watkins will be in the mix, along with OT Greg Robinson and DE Jadeveon Clowney. When speaking about Clowney, Fisher said he's "learned over the years that you can never have enough pass rushers." Fisher believes Robinson could kick inside and play guard or right tackle, in addition to left tackle.

So that means basically he wont take any of them...LOL

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means basically he wont take any of them...LOL

My personal choice at #2 is Tommy Knowbody, S from Passiquia JC in Newfoundland, Canada...The guy is a beast ..

Last edited by a moderator: