• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I said this last year. The ironies of drafting Sylvester. Good omen?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Broncos drafted a DT in the first round. 1997, Trevor Pryce from the ACC.

It just so happened the 1997 draft followed one of the most heart breaking losses in Broncos history. In 1996, the Broncos finished 13-3 and had home field seed through out the play offs.

They picked Trevor Pryce with the 28th pick in the first round of the 1997 draft.

Now, the Broncos just came off of a 13-3 year where they had the home field advantage through out the play offs. I would say the loss was even more heart breaking than the 1996 loss to the Jags. Not by much, but it was just so close....

They had the 28th pick in the draft this year, and they drafted a DT.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some interesting parallels. Hopefully things continue play out in analogous fashion.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Kansas City's going to win the division, forcing us to win on the road in Arrowhead come January???:whistle:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Kansas City's going to win the division, forcing us to win on the road in Arrowhead come January???:whistle:

LOL That was an awesome game. I do expect that KC will be pretty tough this year, so who knows?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO try to play without vaseline this time around...oh wait, Shanarat ain't there anymore...:lol:

:bawling:

Not like we needed it, the refs made them wipe it off after about one play. And of course, Schottenheimer made his typical bad decisions like a fake field goal that everyone saw coming and had no chance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYV8rZ2bPwQ]Broncos vs Chiefs 1997 Conclusion - YouTube[/ame]

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bawling:

Not like we needed it, the refs made them wipe it off after about one play. And of course, Schottenheimer made his typical bad decisions like a fake field goal that everyone saw coming and had no chance.

a cheat's a cheat. still, you're right. course Schotty ain't there anymore, either...:yahoo:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a cheat's a cheat. still, you're right. course Schotty ain't there anymore, either...:yahoo:

Hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying, right? :whistle:

In all seriousness though, winning that game is one of my sweetest memories as a Broncos fan, mainly due to all the family from KC. In fact, we were in KC for Christmas when the Broncos were playing the Jaguars the week prior, and everyone kept telling me how they couldn't wait to beat the Broncos again the next week.

I really do hope the Chiefs are turning it around. I enjoy seeing the Raiders wallow in misery, but I really like it when the Broncos and Chiefs are vying for division supremacy, and that hasn't happened since 2005. It's time for both teams to get good again, that way it will be so much sweeter when we beat you! :suds:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying, right? :whistle:

In all seriousness though, winning that game is one of my sweetest memories as a Broncos fan, mainly due to all the family from KC. In fact, we were in KC for Christmas when the Broncos were playing the Jaguars the week prior, and everyone kept telling me how they couldn't wait to beat the Broncos again the next week.

I really do hope the Chiefs are turning it around. I enjoy seeing the Raiders wallow in misery, but I really like it when the Broncos and Chiefs are vying for division supremacy, and that hasn't happened since 2005. It's time for both teams to get good again, that way it will be so much sweeter when we beat you! :suds:
:lol:

i'll give it to you that it WAS a helluva season. Chiefs finished 13-3, but the Donks were simply KILLING it scoring that season(came close to a 500 point season scoring if i remember right). it ended up being a close game and all, just hated seeing the season ending that way. but gotta be a winner and a loser...