• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I heard it through the grapevine

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking I want more than just their second rounder to move down to #7. Clowney, Watkins, and Mack will all be gone by that pick; that's a lot of value to give up.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article yesterday that stated that the following are rated higher than any QB in this draft; Clowney, Watkins, Evans, Mathews, Robinson, Mack and even Lewan. Thats 7 players that could possibly be picked higher than any qb. So IMO... if we trade down 8 spots there is a good chance we will miss out on these guys. To me we better get more than a #2 for doing this.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure #7 and a 2nd may not get it done, but the more teams bidding the higher the price. Maybe they offer that, so someone else offers slightly more, so the Bucs offer #7, a 2nd, and next years 2nd or something along those lines. I still think turning this pick into 3 or more picks is the Rams best option.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all we're getting is a 2nd rounder, I would rather stay at 2 and just pick. I don't think there's much value out of trading if thats all we're getting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd rounder in this years draft is almost the same as getting a pick around 15, imo.

Guys in Walter Footballs 2nd round: Carlos Hyde, Timmy Jernigan, Morgan Moses, Jason Verrett, Jordan Mathews, Jace Amaro, Stephon Tuitt, etc, etc.

I think we should consider it if Clowney if off the board. Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson will likely fall to pick 7.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd rounder in this years draft is almost the same as getting a pick around 15, imo.

Guys in Walter Footballs 2nd round: Carlos Hyde, Timmy Jernigan, Morgan Moses, Jason Verrett, Jordan Mathews, Jace Amaro, Stephon Tuitt, etc, etc.

I think we should consider it if Clowney if off the board. Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson will likely fall to pick 7.

I still don't think Fisher goes OL that early though. So in that scenario, we're probably down to CB/S at pick 7?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ya but dropping from 2 to 7 is a big drop. I hope it brings in more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe next years first as well. But at this point it's just pure conjecture and I don't think a deal gets done with a team until draft day when we're picking @2

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Fisher goes OL that early though. So in that scenario, we're probably down to CB/S at pick 7?

7 is a dicey spot IMO. I think it's too high for any of these CB's in this draft. No one screams #1 CB like a Sherman, Bailey(old school) or RDC. I also don't really care for Mack, even if he's there I would have my doubts about picking him. If Robinson or Mathews are still there you almost have to pick them even if Fisher doesn't want them. Maybe another trade out of 7? :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya but dropping from 2 to 7 is a big drop. I hope it brings in more than a 2nd rounder. Maybe next years first as well. But at this point it's just pure conjecture and I don't think a deal gets done with a team until draft day when we're picking @2
I would hope so, too, but every draft is different. Its hard to imagine a team moving up for Watkins and not Mack. Thats the part that leaves me :scratch:

The Rams traded down from Claiborne when he was considered an elite prospect and the Rams picked up Brockers. I'm guessing they have a similar plan

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope so, too, but every draft is different. Its hard to imagine a team moving up for Watkins and not Mack. Thats the part that leaves me :scratch:

The Rams traded down from Claiborne when he was considered an elite prospect and the Rams picked up Brockers. I'm guessing they have a similar plan

And boy did we luck out on that deal. Brockers has been a stud while Clayborn has been a dud.

I'm excited about this draft even tho I know people are going to complain about who pick up. Even if we pick up people I dont care for I can't wait to see what happens next year. Exciting times.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the 2nd pick in the draft really been devalued that much at this point? A 2nd round pick to move down that far.....I'd be telling them to take a hike. By draft day somebody almost certainly will offer more than that even if Clowney is off the board.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, there are no QB's to demand the true value of the #2 pick.

Clowney would probably get the most in a trade, but if he is gone, that lessens the value of the #2 pick even more.

Plus, like someone already stated, in a deep draft like this, a 2nd rounder is like a late 1st rounder in every other draft.

So, would you trade #2 for #7 and another 1st rounder? Because that is essentially what that 2nd rounder is going to be in this deep draft.

There will be a lot of 1st round talent falling into the 2nd round because the draft is so deep. If the Rams are truly targeting Matthews ( as sources recently have suggested ), they may feel he will be available at #7 and take him there instead of #2 and pick up an extra early 2nd round pick that can be used for another starter ( G, S, CB, DT etc ).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams are willing to essentially trade Watkins, I would rather just take Mack and let Watkins slide if they are only going to get a 2nd rounder out of the deal.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to trading back at all, but Mack is not the guy I'd want. I don't think he fits in a 4-3 system at all.

Also, just to put exact numbers on it the Bucs 2nd round pick is 38 overall.

Also, WalterFootball's new mock today has the Rams trading back with Atlanta and getting #6, #37, and a 2nd next year. It has them getting Watkins at #6, Dennard at #13, Morgan Moses at #37, and Dion Bailey at #44. I don't think we'd get anyone complaining about that.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree and most of the so called experts think that the QBs are not top of the 1st round choises but it is a QB league now and if you don't have a guy, you want one. Probably 3 or 4 QBs will go in the 1st round and I wouldn't be a bit suprised if 3 went in the top 6. The Rams are still even if the Texans pick Clowney in a great position to reep the bennies. I still say the Browns are the wild card here with two in the 1st round but even if it were the Vikings or Raiders, a 2nd and 3rd are probably the deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not opposed to trading back at all, but Mack is not the guy I'd want. I don't think he fits in a 4-3 system at all.

Also, WalterFootball's new mock today has the Rams trading back with Atlanta and getting #6, #37, and a 2nd next year. It has them getting Watkins at #6, Dennard at #13, Morgan Moses at #37, and Dion Bailey at #44. I don't think we'd get anyone complaining about that.

Moses and Bailey may not be my preference, but picking OL and S would be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Mack is potentially a very good fit in Gregg Williams' defense. He could play some 4-3 SAM and be an attacking blitzer when needed (as Gregg is known to do quite a bit).

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think is that the Rams will trade themselves out of a position where they can acquire a player who can potentially make a difference.

Sometimes I get the sense that the Rams don't have the guts to grab the gold ring and take a player who can make a difference. It's almost like they are reluctant to succeed......content to flounder around the .500 mark and pat themselves on the back for making progress.

I would tell Tampa Bay and everyone else we are staying put at No. 2 then put my big boy pants on and draft the best player available who can make a difference. Take Clowney or Matthews or Watkins or whomever is relevant and stop f****** around with acquiring three hundred draft choices and picking players no one will remember a year from now.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shop, not my preferences either but I don't think many would complain, except of course those who will complain regardless.

Two years ago everyone knew Luck would go #1 so it was obvious the Rams were looking to trade the RG3 pick. With so much doubt about who will go top 2 it's very likely that this trade won't go through until the Rams are on the clock.