• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate Charles Barkley

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the spurs better than the Lakers?

You're saying chuck is correct to compare previous teams yet you're saying I'm wrong for doing the exact same thing.

So what is it?

I don't know who is better. The season didn't start yet. Point was his comment was far fetched. Spurs/Blazers aren't some teams projected to win 28 games.

Point is I don't think it is a big deal because I think all 3 teams are grouped in that 3-10 in the West where teams can finish in just about any order and I won't be surprised.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who is better. The season didn't start yet. Point was his comment was far fetched. Spurs/Blazers aren't some teams projected to win 28 games.

Point is I don't think it is a big deal because I think all 3 teams are grouped in that 3-10 in the West where teams can finish in just about any order and I won't be surprised.

Yes I agree

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won around 35 games last season and added LeBron and Rondo... who should make the team better unless there is a catastrophic collapse in Chemistry should win around 50 games. Under normal circumstances I'd predict the Spurs to win 30 to 35, but Popovich is a genius and I expect him to perform some witchcraft. PPersonally I think Charles should be considered an entertainer and nothing more.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won around 35 games last season and added LeBron and Rondo... who should make the team better unless there is a catastrophic collapse in Chemistry should win around 50 games. Under normal circumstances I'd predict the Spurs to win 30 to 35, but Popovich is a genius and I expect him to perform some witchcraft. PPersonally I think Charles should be considered an entertainer and nothing more.
You're entertainment on here and I don't mean in a good way.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also lost randal, Nance and clarkson

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost randal, Nance and clarkson
I would have liked to have kept Randle, but Clarkson and Nance were over-paid for the quality and all of the odds says Lakers will be in the top 5 teams. It's funny though to see how the LeBron fans are turning on him now that he is a Laker

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have kept Randle, but Clarkson and Nance were over-paid for the quality and all of the odds says Lakers will be in the top 5 teams. It's funny though to see how the LeBron fans are turning on him now that he is a Laker

Larry Nance is making just over $2 million a year this season. He is a tremendous bargain actually.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the spurs better than the Lakers?

As of right now...yes.

Barring a sudden, "falling of a cliff" decline, the Lakers will have the best player on the court in every game that Lebron plays in this season. That we know.

However, what we don't know is how often they will have the best team on the court in those games. The Lakers core outside of Lebron is pretty much unproven, we don't know how well everything is going to work as far as meshing their games with Lebron's and within Luke's system and we don't know how the other FA's will fit in.

By the end of the season, the Lakers may just be better than the Spurs. But as of right now, if I had to bet on who has the better season, I'd put my money on the Spurs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Nance is making just over $2 million a year this season. He is a tremendous bargain actually.

Exactly.

The Lakers had to get rid of some salaries to open up the cap space to sign Lebron and hopefully another top FA.

They didn't want to get rid of Nance, but a decision had to be made and Kuzma was the better player at the time and appears to have a bigger upside than Nance.

If the Lakers were not looking to open cap space, Nance would likely still be on the team as Kuzma's backup.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Lakers had to get rid of some salaries to open up the cap space to sign Lebron and hopefully another top FA.

They didn't want to get rid of Nance, but a decision had to be made and Kuzma was the better player at the time and appears to have a bigger upside than Nance.

If the Lakers were not looking to open cap space, Nance would likely still be on the team as Kuzma's backup.
He was cheap but a replaceable role player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your dog is probably smarter than you since you think Nance is over-paid.

:pound::pound:

Yes, but....

Does TLF's dog think Nance is overpaid?