• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I had no idea the WS was going on

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh...yeah, stick a fork in Baseball, it's dead.

:suds:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a horrible call on a poorly designed rule to get people to notice baseball every postseason. What's new?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, baseball has completely disappeared off my radar as well. It'll get crushed in TV ratings by the football game tonight.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball doesn't need you to like it.

If you prefer other games it will survive and never even notice your non-attendance.

An NFL regular season game dwarfs a championship game in Baseball in terms of ratings.

Enough said.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL regular season game dwarfs a championship game in Baseball in terms of ratings.

Enough said.

I believe the Vikes-Giants MNF tilt outdrew the ALCS or NLCS, whichever was happening that night.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baseball is the main sport to suffer as soccer increases in coverage and interest. Look at any study of what younger people watch and soccer is already more popular, and we've only begun to get real coverage of the best leagues on US TV.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough said.
Ratings mean absolutely nothing to me.

Other people liking things I dislike or vice-versa is something I can cope with very easily.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is the main sport to suffer as soccer increases in coverage and interest. Look at any study of what younger people watch and soccer is already more popular, and we've only begun to get real coverage of the best leagues on US TV.

Wimps who can't mkae the football, basketball or baseball team play soccer. They just love to get their participation medals.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try being on the receiving end of a spikes-up tackle with ZERO padding on your legs.

Soccer players have to do that frequently. They are NOT wimps whether you like the game or
not!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The World Championship for League of Legends at the Staple Center drew more online views than I believe the NHL Finals had TV viewers last year. This was only their 3rd World Championship and really only the 2nd year they put a lot of money behind it. It was also the first year they had a dedicated professional league in most of their major world markets. I'll try to find the numbers to see how their viewership compares to the World Series. I believe the views for their regular season games though out did most regular season baseball games.

It says a lot about the current state of MLB and NHL when an upstart video games new pro league is attracting an equal to bigger audience. I wonder how much longer the big TV deals will last for these sports before online viewership takes over. I believe every year more and more people are dropping cable.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings mean absolutely nothing to me.

Other people liking things I dislike or vice-versa is something I can cope with very easily.

Someone's being overly defensive.

Ratings mean absolutely nothing to me either. Baseball could trump the NFL in all facets in terms of ratings and I'll still like the NFL better. But it's undeniable that Baseball is trending down, when one of the worst NFL matchups all year (Vikes-Giants last week) garnered more ratings than one of the best games Baseball has to offer.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimps who can't mkae the football, basketball or baseball team play soccer. They just love to get their participation medals.

Flopping in soccer has gotten out of hand, but it's more strategic than being wimpy. There many strong collisions in soccer, especially on set-pieces and CKs, and they don't wear protection aside from the ones on their ankles.

Oh, and soccer takes much more raw physical talent than Baseball.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Flopping in soccer has gotten out of hand, but it's more strategic than being wimpy. There many strong collisions in soccer, especially on set-pieces and CKs, and they don't wear protection aside from the ones on their ankles.

Oh, and soccer takes much more raw physical talent than Baseball.

I'm just going to say that's the most laughable bullshit I've ever seen and leave it at that. I really don't feel like expanding.

Just know that's bullshit.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's being overly defensive.

Ratings mean absolutely nothing to me either. Baseball could trump the NFL in all facets in terms of ratings and I'll still like the NFL better. But it's undeniable that Baseball is trending down, when one of the worst NFL matchups all year (Vikes-Giants last week) garnered more ratings than one of the best games Baseball has to offer.
To each his own.

The NFL would be up Crap Creek if they needed my patronage.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I'm just going to say that's the most laughable bullshit I've ever seen and leave it at that. I really don't feel like expanding.

Just know that's bullshit.

:lame: