• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I had always taken it easy on Yoko...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been the purist Beatles fan... Who had believed they just burned out due to the inevitable fact - that they had gained fame beyond imaginable bounds. There were differences within the four of them, and what have you. The Abbey Road medley was a perfect way to go out, that was fine for me.

I never wanted to attribute blame to one person. I never wanted to believe John was really that pussy-whipped by Yoko... but wow.

Shows how ignorant I am. This is the video process of Lennon writing "How Do You Sleep at Night?"... Which was his biggest dig at McCartney... Supposed to be the big "Fuck You" at him. Getting Harrison on his side to play lead on a "diss track" after the break up.

Yet... John's a lush. Yoko runs the whole show. Undermines his every move. This is embarrassing.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfffft, the real Paul McCartney died anyways. I’ve since moved on about the whole thing.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John went off and did his thing with Yoko.
Something I understand.

Not judging.

Agree. They all went on to have successful solo careers, still thought of as one of the most influential and important bands of all time, there’s just not that much to ask what if about. Move on.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Yoko did dominate John.
Maybe John liked it.

They all went on to be with different kinds of women.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the movie "Let It Be" , it was easy to understand why they broke up. And it wasn't just Paul who quit, they took turns. Harrison was tired of his two songs an album. John had quit at one time.
Brian Epstein had died. The Beatles were without a leader. And Paul seemed to take on that roll. (watch Let It Be). And it was annoying.
The Beatles didn't tour anymore. Touring had taken a toll on the Beatles. And then, they were confined to a studio. The stress to be a Beatle, must have been like a being in a pressure cooker.
Ringo had married in 1965
George married in 1966
Paul McCartney married Linda about a year before the split.
Yoko Ono was just a very, very, small part of the breakup.
The Beatles were growing up and apart.

If Brian had lived and maybe the Beatles took some time off for solo projects.........maybe the Beatles would have stayed together.........but I doubt it.

Look at all the Beatles accomplished in just 10 years........

20 albums.......original
3 movies
21 singles reached number 1 on Billboard charts
25 albums reached number 1 on Billboard charts
She Loves You.......sold 1.89 million........the biggest selling single for 14 years...
touring....the amount of traveling
the controversy with right wing loons in the U.S.........The Beatles were threatened
The most requested movie to DVD or Blu-ray in history.......Let It Be

and much more