• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I found our QB, and it is not anyone you would think....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meet the Prospect: SE Louisiana QB Bryan Bennett - CBSSports.com

When you guys see who recruited this kid (Hint CHIP KELLY) who he played behind(Hint the #1 QB in College football) he then transferred so he could play more....who he still talks to (Hint Chip Kelly)

all that.... Now watch his Skill set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofCes2dd7gE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEULYJv28M

The Kids got a rocket arm, Jets for legs, and he is powerful....with a pretty quick release.....yeah I see Chip all over this kid.

He will be Chip's project, but 2 years from now our starter. I'm thinking 4th or 5th rd pick.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if the Eagles didn't spend a late round pick on him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Chip trades for a starter to compete with Foles, plus drafts one of the top QB's, and still draft this kid in the 4th round.
Use free agency to get at least one good CB, and draft another one in the 1st 2 rounds. Like:
Trae Wayns; PJ Williams; or Marcus Peters.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find Wings..makes some sense if we cant get Mariota & he isnt big on Hundley...this guy could be a canidate.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great find Wings. Never even thought of that angle.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely an interesting prospect, but if Chip liked him so much he would not have ridden pine.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Chip thinks he's better as a pro prospect than a college one? And liking him a little less than Mariota isn't a bad thing either.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Chip did him a favor, advising him to go somewhere where he could start. Obviously he wouldn't with Mariota there. No wonder they remain close.

Yes Wings, that was great investigation.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell much from those vids .... level of competition is extremely low. It's like watching high school mixed with flag football. On many of those highlight plays the WR's had 10-15 yards of separation. This is the type of guy you take in Rd 7 or bring in as a free agent ... not anything to get excited about imo. If you guys like projects though take a look at Brandon Bridge from South Alabama ... raw, but plenty of size and natural tools with a rocket arm. Personally I'm tired of mediocre QB's or projects.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to tell much from those vids .... level of competition is extremely low. It's like watching high school mixed with flag football. On many of those highlight plays the WR's had 10-15 yards of separation. This is the type of guy you take in Rd 7 or bring in as a free agent ... not anything to get excited about imo. If you guys like projects though take a look at Brandon Bridge from South Alabama ... raw, but plenty of size and natural tools with a rocket arm. Personally I'm tired of mediocre QB's or projects.
That is because Bryan Bennett is a man among boys at Southeastern Louisiana however, keep in mind he was recruited by Chip to Oregon not some small shit school. He was beaten by Mariota in a serious QB battle from what i have read all over. He also played very well at Oregon when he had playing time. Our own Nick Foles was beaten out and left Michigan St. to go to Arizona. However Nick left after 1 year, Bennett did not.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey - checked out the Brandon Bridge kid.....that hitch in his throwing motion is pretty bad, and he wants no part of stepping up into the pocket......not a fan....reminds me a lot of Dennis Dixon.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anything in those vids that makes me say damn, this kid would be a steal and if a future starter in the league. All day to throw, WR's beating the defenders by 10-15 yards. A lot of guys would look great under those conditions. The kid looks good enough to take a look in the late rounds ... but that's about it for me. I'd have to take a look at "full" game film against some competition that can at least apply some kind of consistent pressure. Seeing him throw to receivers with high school separation against a lot of 3 man pass rush just doesn't get me excited.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey - checked out the Brandon Bridge kid.....that hitch in his throwing motion is pretty bad, and he wants no part of stepping up into the pocket......not a fan....reminds me a lot of Dennis Dixon.

I'm not pimping him or anything ... just threw his name out there as another guy with physical tools to look at. I want much more of a sure thing than some late rd guy. I'm just to the point where I've had it with mediocre or bad QB play. I don't want to waste any more time ... we need to identify our guy and go after him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anything in those vids that makes me say damn, this kid would be a steal and if a future starter in the league. All day to throw, WR's beating the defenders by 10-15 yards. A lot of guys would look great under those conditions. The kid looks good enough to take a look in the late rounds ... but that's about it for me. I'd have to take a look at "full" game film against some competition that can at least apply some kind of consistent pressure. Seeing him throw to receivers with high school separation against a lot of 3 man pass rush just doesn't get me excited.
Rey I agree...it just made sense to me for Chip to bring in one of his in a later round. Obviously he saw him and Mariota every day in practice, of all people Chip would know how close this kid really is to Mariota.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pimping him or anything ... just threw his name out there as another guy with physical tools to look at. I want much more of a sure thing than some late rd guy. I'm just to the point where I've had it with mediocre or bad QB play. I don't want to waste any more time ... we need to identify our guy and go after him.
I hear ya....I just am not giving up 3 first rd picks plus a stud player to make that happen.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw good pcket presence in the kid, a decent arm and the ability to look downfield and read a D. Add in some wheels and he's worth a look.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya....I just am not giving up 3 first rd picks plus a stud player to make that happen.

The picks actually don't bother me as much as giving up an already established young defensive player like Fletcher Cox or Kendricks. Draft picks in the end are crap shoots especially when you're picking in the 20's or there abouts. If we're talking 3 first rounders and Shady or Foles I'd say do it. RB's are easy to find and Foles only fits half of Chip's playbook with his lack of rollout ability. Mariota and Chip for the next 6-8 years would be something to see imo. You still have plenty of draft picks left to hit from Rd 2 and beyond.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks actually don't bother me as much as giving up an already established young defensive player like Fletcher Cox or Kendricks. Draft picks in the end are crap shoots especially when you're picking in the 20's or there abouts. If we're talking 3 first rounders and Shady or Foles I'd say do it. RB's are easy to find and Foles only fits half of Chip's playbook with his lack of rollout ability. Mariota and Chip for the next 6-8 years would be something to see imo. You still have plenty of draft picks left to hit from Rd 2 and beyond.
I think he ends up a Tampa Bay Buc....no way in Hell does Tampas GM allow that team to win another game this year or I think heads would roll.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the same (Mariota winding up in Tampa) & it would suck. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Chip wind up there as well in a few years.

Warp speed in the heat down here with a stud QB would be murder to opposing teams.

Hopefully the Eagles make it happen instead and we get him but its a long shot to say the least. Gotta hope the Raiders or Jags get that pick & want what we have to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope with Mariota is that some teams don't consider him a fit for their Offense. While he has taken strides forward as a pocket passer this year, he's not ready to play in a traditional style Offense. Teams who are not running a Chip style read option type Offense won't be able to expect much from him year one. Not every team has the coaching staff needed to switch over their Offense to accommodate that style of play. To take a player like Mariota and try to make him into a drop back passer doesn't make much sense unless you plan on sitting him for a couple of seasons while he learns. Teams today don't really sit 1st round QB's like Green Bay did with Rodgers ... so maybe he slips into that 5-10 range where we can make that move up without having to sell the farm.