• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't think this can be stressed enough.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Josh Lueke but is he a rapist or the victim of buyers remorse?

I'm admittedly skeptical of people accusing high profile and wealthy people of r*pe because there's usually no proof and that looks to be the case here. She says she was raped. He says it was consensual. Is there something I'm missing that tips the scales in her favor?

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I a horrible human being for not knowing about a supposed rapist in Josh Lueke being in MLB?

I don't know a whole lot about the story, so I'll refrain from commenting on it. I'm a Brewers fan so I am a bit aware of how certain players are received when they've done something controversial *cough cough* Braun! *cough* Although, I'd say there is a pretty big discrepancy between someone taking a banned substance and actually raping someone.

My comments on it? I say let the fans say what they want. Hell, in Braun's case, he actually said he likes it when people boo him and heckle him. He says it gives him a competitive edge and it fires him up. It seems like in Lueke's case, he either does the same or as this story implies, he just ignores it. When it comes to baseball, it's one of those sports where I like the phrase "ignorance is bliss" because there's no point of being rattled by what some drunken idiots or assholes who just can't keep quiet and enjoy the game. In this case, I wish the analysts would exercise the "ignorance is bliss" phrase, because if people want to heckle or taunt Lueke for what he did, then who cares? Just ignore it if you don't like it or get sick of it. I know in this instance, I would just ignore it and if I even see a tweet with the words "Lueke" and "r*pe" in it, I'll just breeze past it without a second thought. Although, I doubt I'll see it a lot since the Brewers and Rays don't play each other a whole lot.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Josh Lueke but is he a rapist or the victim of buyers remorse?

I'm admittedly skeptical of people accusing high profile and wealthy people of r*pe because there's usually no proof and that looks to be the case here. She says she was raped. He says it was consensual. Is there something I'm missing that tips the scales in her favor?

at first, he said there was no physical contact. Then after his arrest, he changed his story, telling the police they had consensual sex.

Mariners | Coach says Mariners were told of Josh Lueke's criminal past | Seattle Times Newspaper

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at first, he said there was no physical contact. Then after his arrest, he changed his story, telling the police they had consensual sex.

Mariners | Coach says Mariners were told of Josh Lueke's criminal past | Seattle Times Newspaper

Sure, he's dishonest but I don't know that I would necessarily volunteer the information if I was in his shoes either. There is no real reason to hang yourself, especially when you're innocent. I'm not sure her story is much better. The district attorney praised her for her consistency but she seemed to consistently say "I don't remember but I know it wasn't consensual." Either way, being dishonest is a far cry from being a rapist.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a little shaky on his part to change his story like that though.

Also just because "she doesn't remember" doesn't mean it didn't happen either. She could have been drugged. But I don't know all the facts here (nor do I think we ever will) so I can't say 100% either way if he is guilty or not.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a little shaky on his part to change his story like that though.

I don't think so. His lawyer might not necessarily have advised him to lie had he been standing there but I can damn well guarantee you he wouldn't have allowed Lueke to tell the police he had sex with the woman, even if that sex was completely consensual.

Also just because "she doesn't remember" doesn't mean it didn't happen either. She could have been drugged.

Sure, both of those things are could be true but she could also just simply not remember begging him to fuck her like a big leaguer. r*pe is the only crime in the world where a witness could be incoherently drunk and openly admit to remembering virtually nothing but still be considered credible.

Mind you I'm not saying Josh Lueke didn't r*pe this girl. I just think when a poster starts a topic on how it can't be stressed enough that someone is a rapist, that poster should be able to answer some very general questions on that r*pe a bit more concretely.

I tend to be in the minority frequently though so maybe not.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
video tape all your sexual encounters, problem solved.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. His lawyer might not necessarily have advised him to lie had he been standing there but I can damn well guarantee you he wouldn't have allowed Lueke to tell the police he had sex with the woman, even if that sex was completely consensual.

Perhaps, but you don't say, "I had nothing to do with her and did not have sex with her" only to recant and say, "well, yes we did have sex, it was consensual" Fishy to me.. But not saying he actually raped her or anything

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps, but you don't say, "I had nothing to do with her and did not have sex with her" only to recant and say, "well, yes we did have sex, it was consensual" Fishy to me.. But not saying he actually raped her or anything

There's nothing fishing about it.

Admitting to having consensual sex, even if the sex was consensual, is a monumentally bad idea in a r*pe case. These cases tend to have far less to do with facts and establishing guilt beyond reasonable doubt then it does emotion. Could you imagine another crime where a person could admit to being blackout drunk yet not only be put on the stand to testify but seen as the star witness?

Anyone accused of r*pe would be far, far better off denying they were ever in the same room as or had sex with the accuser and letting the prosecution prove he was and did. You don't get extra points for being honest in a r*pe case.