• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't get it at ALL

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2005 when Seattle went to the bowl all the talk was Steelers, The Bus, home coming etc etc etc.

one day after the two teams are decided for this years superbowl and its been Manny, legacy, can he do it ? will people stop talking if he wins, Does he need to win to prove he is great etc etc etc.

Even the Sherman thing has dropped out of the talk today mostly. This is so disgusting as a fan of football and a die hard Seahawks fan. I want to see some talk about the Hawks not the 2 minute discussion of BOTH teams then 58 minutes of Denver, Peyton, legacy etc etc etc. It's still early but i am all ready getting 05 flashbacks.

:lame:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has always wanted to fly in under the radar. Remember that feeling dissed has fueled the fire of most of the players on our team all year. Let them think this is all about Manning. Let our WR's think they are being called crappy across the country. Let all of that pressure of living up to the hype land on Denver's shoulders.

WE WANT IT THAT WAY.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has always wanted to fly in under the radar. Remember that feeling dissed has fueled the fire of most of the players on our team all year. Let them think this is all about Manning. Let our WR's think they are being called crappy across the country. Let all of that pressure of living up to the hype land on Denver's shoulders.

WE WANT IT THAT WAY.

Yeah let them talk all about Denver and how Peyton needs this for validation and then when the game happens the refs throw flags on all our big plays because its all about Peyton .... no i do not think so. It's this type of reporting that ends up changing the perception and the outcome of games. It really does.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many commercials on ESPN, FOX, etc.. having Manning endorsing something. There is your answer about why he gets the fawning coverage from all the talking heads employed on these networks. Because it's all about the $$$.

Today they're already trying to paint Sherman and the Seahawks as some type of thuggish wrestling heel whose out to destroy Mannings quest for #1 status.

Most of Mannings "Politically correct golly shucks" schtick whenever he goes on a mic is like listening to some programmed robot. It's all about projecting an image to maximize his earnings potential.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you I'm not alone not caring that the media is going to go crazy for Denver before this game, but if you want to know why go watch that post game interview again. 95% of the country hates our guts now and is looking to shit on our team and every one of our fans. Why? Because Sherman opened his mouth and said something stupid. The rest of the team is built around some quality people with lots of role models, but you won't hear about them because we have Sherman. Our fans are being called trashed and thuggish because of Sherman.

I don't give two shits about respect from the media or the networks. We are in the SB and control our own destiny. Were there bad calls that cost us our last trip? Yep, you bet you. Was it because of the hype before the game? Now that requires a tinfoil hat and a conspiracy theory I don't wish to engage.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for the Richard Sherman rant, the actual best game of the weekend would have been on the back burner. We should all thank him for that. I am beginning to wonder if I might actually root for the Hawks. Peyton is the media darling and will receive full billing as such. I'm just tired of the ESPiN narrative and their utter disrespect for the best division in football. I think you guys will destroy them and I'm starting to hope it happens. The NFCW is superior to the rest of the divisions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for the Richard Sherman rant, the actual best game of the weekend would have been on the back burner. We should all thank him for that. I am beginning to wonder if I might actually root for the Hawks. Peyton is the media darling and will receive full billing as such. I'm just tired of the ESPiN narrative and their utter disrespect for the best division in football. I think you guys will destroy them and I'm starting to hope it happens. The NFCW is superior to the rest of the divisions.

Yeah, next year is going to suck. All 4 of us are going to feed on each other and make it impossible for any of us to reach HFA because of it. Division winner could end up with 10 wins because of the parity. Zona is legit and the Rams aren't far off. This is becoming a bad ass division.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Wizard, looks like Seattle fans are already making excuses for a Super Bowl loss

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell have you been, Irish?

Today was my birthday, so was a little busy. The big 24!

I popped in and out a little bit throughout the night just to ruffle some Seahawks/49ers feathers.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to the Saints in 2009, so I'm not really worried.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was my birthday, so was a little busy. The big 24!

I popped in and out a little bit throughout the night just to ruffle some Seahawks/49ers feathers.

Lol. Happy birthday, dude! Belated en sech but nonetheless.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, next year is going to suck. All 4 of us are going to feed on each other and make it impossible for any of us to reach HFA because of it. Division winner could end up with 10 wins because of the parity. Zona is legit and the Rams aren't far off. This is becoming a bad ass division.

Agreed. I kinda worried about that this year but next year is even scarier. It's gonna be like the glory days if the NFCE.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to the Saints in 2009, so I'm not really worried.

I'm not worried about the press. They are going to auto suck off Manning so that's all white noise to me.

All I'm worried about is if the NFL sends a crew of refs under orders to throw flags on any ticky tack contact on the Broncos WRs and TEs.

I thought the refing was pretty fair in the NFC championship game. The league held a meeting with both teams during the week telling them things got way out of hand with the chippyness in the 1st half of the Niners Panthers game and a "hockey night in Seattle" was not going to be tolerated by the refs.

But with the storyline of this game turning into Broncos O vs. Seattle D, I'm just concerned on what the refs are going to be under orders by the NFL front office on how to call it.

I simply would like to see a ref'd game like we saw last night. Flags on the mostly blantant stuff, but through out, just let the teams play.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their Time Is Now
Denver will not be deterred from its pursuit of the franchise's third title. And there's no doubt about it.

Front page headline on ESPN, believe what you want but it's all starting to landslide all ready. This all makes a victory that much sweeter but will it be "allowed" ? only time and the outcome of the game will tell.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another "we get no respect" thread? :L

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about respect really it's about not being so damn bias.

Manning doesn't need another Superbowl win to prove he is one of if not THE greatest QB ever so why is that front page News? it's BS. Marino never won a superbowl but that did not make him sub par. He was a great QB. One of the best to play the game.

The Media is so in love with the thought of Manning winning that they are ignoring what could be the greatest matchup in superbowl history with possibly the greatest Offense and Defense that the NFL has ever seen. Play on that not " he needs a ring to justify his greatness". There are two teams to talk about not 1 man.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, as much as I hated to last year, having witnessed the antics of stupor and princess at ESPN boards, i STILL rooted for SF to win. I dont think I can stress enough how much those two fucktards made me hate your team.

It's not even just the same conference, we are in same division for crying out loud, and am a little disapointed how few of the niner fans on this board are pulling for Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still just over a day into Super Bowl coverage. Between now and Super Sunday, there's still plenty of room and time for there to be Seahawks-related stories that don't elicit reaction words like "thug" or "cheater" or "punk".

As far as the Manning narrative being put out there right now that he needs another Super Bowl title for "legitimacy" as one of the greatest QBs of all time, that's been a thing ever since the playoffs started, so I'm not surprised that it has continued to be a thing in the second full day of Super Bowl coverage. I don't think one narrative, one story line, is necessarily going to be indicative of how the rest of the coverage of this match-up is going to play out.

I'm not ready to condemn the media just yet. If we're sitting here a week from now and they're still on the "Manning legacy" thing much like they were on the "Can the Steelers win one for Bettis in his hometown" thing 8 years ago for what seemed like the entire lead-up to the Super Bowl, that's the time to start wondering if they know that two teams are going to be playing in this game. Let's not condemn the media for something they haven't done yet and might not do at all.