• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Care a Lot (2021)

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix' latest offering is unlike any movie I can recall in that it has a group of the most unlikeable characters. The two principal antagonists are pure evil and every supporting character is more or less evil in their own way. The doctor, the assistant, the nursing home administrator and staff, the sleeze bag lawyer, all worthy of dispatch.

Even the mother, who would seem to be the victim, is fully aware of her son being a mob boss and has enjoyed the good life funded by his white slavery. The judge seems a neutral arbiter of sentencing the elderly to state care but is either on the take or woefully incompetent.

Halfway through the movie I found myself thinking that the only satisfactory ending would be for Marla and Roman somehow manage to kill each other, shootout style.

So if you want to really hate some characters, this movie is one for you. I'll give it four stars.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix' latest offering is unlike any movie I can recall in that it has a group of the most unlikeable characters. The two principal antagonists are pure evil and every supporting character is more or less evil in their own way. The doctor, the assistant, the nursing home administrator and staff, the sleeze bag lawyer, all worthy of dispatch.

Even the mother, who would seem to be the victim, is fully aware of her son being a mob boss and has enjoyed the good life funded by his white slavery. The judge seems a neutral arbiter of sentencing the elderly to state care but is either on the take or woefully incompetent.

Halfway through the movie I found myself thinking that the only satisfactory ending would be for Marla and Roman somehow manage to kill each other, shootout style.

So if you want to really hate some characters, this movie is one for you. I'll give it four stars.
Sounds like Uncut Gems...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Uncut Gems...

similar in many ways. But nobody can be rooted against more than Adam Sandler’s character in uncut gems.
In this movie, because everyone was so evil you almost liked them all.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great movie. The ending was a little weak, but I could not stop watching it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the movie. You had to know that ending was going to occur though.. I mean I thought the first time those two met something like that would have happened

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That movie was fuckin' trash. Daniel Day Lewis' "Daniel Plainview" in There Will Be Blood was more likable than any character in this film.

What was even more stupid is how the mafia couldn't deal with her, not to mention the whole premise that someone could just waltz in and takeover a competent elder's personal assets like she did is ridiculous. So the doctor, Pike's dumbass character, AND JUDGE were all in on it? AND everyone at the retirement home? Yah okay, movie...

Not to mention more Hollywood pro-vagina bullshit. Her and her lesbo girlfriend just go full mafia/gangster the second half of the movie like, "No big deal." Ugh... knock it off Hollyweird.