• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am not mad about the playoff game

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game with my friend that is a Cowboys fan and even the gloating did not bother me. I think football is less important to me than I previously believed, because I feel like I should have been furious.

Or perhaps years of following the Twolves and Lions has left me dead inside to bad sports news.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still plenty mad enough for the both of us! It's just football, but we got cheated.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've admitted missing the hold on Witten when Dallas went for it on 4th on their TD drive to take the lead.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh will re-sign and Austin will stay another year as DC and all will be happy for next year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must suck to be dead inside. I haven't decided whether I'll ever watch another minute of anything NFL. I guess I'll find out this weekend. May go back to baseball where most games are decided by the players.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must suck to be dead inside. I haven't decided whether I'll ever watch another minute of anything NFL. I guess I'll find out this weekend. May go back to baseball where most games are decided by the players.

It will be alright Truth/Mebert. Don't give up on the ''NFL''... Refs suck, life will go on :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pill to cure what's wrong with you.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here a while ago talking about the loss when my Bears beat Detroit on a "dropped ball" in the end zone, that should or should not have been a catch. Arguments flew both ways. There is no argument here, Detroit got hosed. I REALLY feel for you Detroit fans, that flag pick up.. I truly do not understand to this very moment, that was crazy. Regards, NCChiFan.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here a while ago talking about the loss when my Bears beat Detroit on a "dropped ball" in the end zone, that should or should not have been a catch. Arguments flew both ways. There is no argument here, Detroit got hosed. I REALLY feel for you Detroit fans, that flag pick up.. I truly do not understand to this very moment, that was crazy. Regards, NCChiFan.

Thanks. :suds: That one introduced the football world to the concept now known as "The Process" of making a catch. We need to think up a name for this clusterfuck.

I'm over it. It's not as if we were going to beat the Pack or Hawks at their place anyway... not with that offense we roll out there.... and everybody is a Lions fan for the week... sort of.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have sports hate for you guys cause you took our best receiver. Golden Tate. But I know it was part of our front office Harvin disaster. I wish him well in Detroit. The guy is a good fit for your team.

I may be the most hated Seahawk fan as far as Dallas fans are concerned. And truthfully I have no reason to sports hate the team or the fan base. I am just sensitive about officiating injustice. Too old living in Seattle with multiple sports and multiple you gotta be kidding me's!

I made as much noise about the game as anyone and if it was the other way around, I would be just as vocal. I am sure one day I will be on the Dallas side of a call. I know I rub a few wrong.

Sorry about what happened. We know how it just plain sucks. I actually didn't want you to win cause I thing Detroit is a much tougher match up for Seattle than Carolina. Who the hell is going to score with those two defenses? Good luck next season.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have sports hate for you guys cause you took our best receiver. Golden Tate. But I know it was part of our front office Harvin disaster. I wish him well in Detroit. The guy is a good fit for your team.

I may be the most hated Seahawk fan as far as Dallas fans are concerned. And truthfully I have no reason to sports hate the team or the fan base. I am just sensitive about officiating injustice. Too old living in Seattle with multiple sports and multiple you gotta be kidding me's!

I made as much noise about the game as anyone and if it was the other way around, I would be just as vocal. I am sure one day I will be on the Dallas side of a call. I know I rub a few wrong.

Sorry about what happened. We know how it just plain sucks. I actually didn't want you to win cause I thing Detroit is a much tougher match up for Seattle than Carolina. Who the hell is going to score with those two defenses? Good luck next season.

It was poor officiating. Ultimately, Lions need to be good enough that not even the refs can aid in their defeat. Sucks to go out like that but hopefully lays the footwork for a perennial contender and not just a one(almost) hit wonder. Thanks for the kind gesture.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was poor officiating. Ultimately, Lions need to be good enough that not even the refs can aid in their defeat. Sucks to go out like that but hopefully lays the footwork for a perennial contender and not just a one(almost) hit wonder. Thanks for the kind gesture.

I dont buy that. Its the NFL. Ther is a lot of parity. Most games are close. Once in a while you can blow a team out, but in the playoffs that usually only happens when one team quits when they get behind. Most games will come down to the 4th quarter drives deciding who wins.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LPinSLC said:

:agree:

there was still 8 minutes left in that game to change the outcome, after having picked up the flag.

Who the fuck calls a play, on 3rd and 1, throwing a pass 17 yards downfield, out on the boundary, to Pettigrew ?

Furthermore, Ihedigbo got burned by Witten on his curl route on a 4th and 6. You can add the two Def holding calls by Levy and Carey, inside the Red-Zone didn't help either.

We still had nearly 2 1/2 minutes of clock for our Offense to change that outcome, IMO.

I'm still pissed about the officiating in that game as a whole but LPinSLC summed it up properly.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a game of momentum!

Lions had it, Dallas took it. Lions score a TD or even a FG chance is Lions take momentum back. Defense gets a couple more minutes rest, no 10 yard punt, and Dallas has less time on the clock.

It was a screw job! The NFL doesn't like talk of conspiracies then this shit needs to change.

With that being said the biggest problem is the conservative game plan in the second half killed the Lions. I get you want to limit turnovers but at the same time you need big plays. Caldwell needs to let that offense loose in situations where the Lions need to step on a teams throat!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The non call didn't really bother me in the first place. Not when we were ahead. Not when we lost. That wasn't PI, IMO. I don't want it to be PI in the future either. If it is, I'll be mad. Not into teams getting bailed out on with sissy calls. That pass hit the defender square in the numbers.

What made me mad was Levy missing tackles and being in single coverage on Dez fucking Bryant. Lombardiwell not running to pick up first downs. Martin sucking in the clutch. And Theo only getting consistant time at the end. If you're gonna ride him in crunch time, atleast take him for a spin early on.

Lions put up a good fight, but road come backs don't happen like home ones. Nothing to be mad about there.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the game changing calls and/or non-calls the Officials do to set the Lions up for failure, I'm really not surprised. I agree with Stafford on picking up the flag.

The NFL suspended Suh and Suh's appeal to get his suspension overturned was done outside the NFL would be another reason the Lions were railroaded against the Cowboys.

It's nothing new for the Officials to let teams play in the post-season, but the one sided Ticky-Tack calls against the Lions (after picking up the flag) on the Cowboys last scoring drive was unreal.

Hearsay said: "those closest to Suh say he wants to play for a BIG CITY. I get the impression that Detroit isn't big enough for fan support.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also not mad. I am proud though. Most people including me expected them to lose. They played their best and deserved to win. excited about the off-season.