• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am addicted to Fanspeak's simulator

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans, Jags, Raiders, Bucs, Vikings, Browns all need a QB and pick before 13. Clowney is good enough for one of those teams to pass on a QB but it might be difficult to find another 2 players in that category when you have all of these new head coaches coming in.

Bridgewater = Skinny McNabb prospect
Bortles = Big Ben/Locker/Tebow hybrid
Hundley = Geno Smith? Better?
Manziel = Russell Wilson/Seneca Wallace hybrid

You get the feeling that 2 of these guys will bust just because of various question marks or guys being put into dysfunctional NFL teams before they are ready

After watching Bortles tonight, he physically resembles Andrew Luck, but is a tougher runner and lacks some accuracy on his throws (although with the amount of jersey-grabbing the Baylor DBs were doing, maybe that wasn't as bad as it seemed). He seems completely in command of his offense and is very good at reading blitzes.

Hundley seems less complete than Bortles, but probably the better athlete. Manziel is a wild card, as his play is like a wilder version of Russell Wilson.

As far as the simulator goes, I tend to keep picking the same guys in the later rounds. I don't know enough about the day 3 guys, but have developed some favorites. Here's my latest try (tried a different direction in rounds 3 and 4):

2. QB Blake Bortles, UCF (trade to Cleveland for #4 and #26, could be Manziel if that's what the Browns want)
4. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA (best OLB in the draft, a little too early to take Mosley)
13. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M (suprised he was still available, but would take top OT here anyway)
27. S Ha'sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama (top FS in the draft)
44. DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh (multiple award winner at DT, if a little undersized)
75. WR Devonte Parker, Louisville (best #1 type left at this point in my opinion)
106. RB Marion Grice, Arizona State (one of the best receiving RBs in the draft)
141. CB Andre Hal, Vanderbilt (productive SEC CB ready for the NFL)
172. QB Braxton Miller, Ohio State (run/pass QB, best remaining QB prospect)
203. OG Spencer Long, Nebraska (talented guard, slides this far due to ACL injury)

I had previously been taking WR and OLB with Cleveland's picks, with OG Gabe Jackson at #75 and S Tre Boston at #106.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Clowney hype will be tremendous after he destroys the combine. I think realistically Snead has the relationship with the Falcons so a trade with them is a good chance at 6. Tampa and Minn pick right behind ATL both teams might want to jump to 2 to get their QB or Clowney. but it would probably be the same trade offer for all three teams so you would deal wit ATL and get the 6th pick. Im guessing the deal would be a 2nd rd pick and next years first. This is right on base with the trade chart so it's a fair deal for everyone and is realistic. The Rams might value this better then the browns 1st this year because the Browns pick is 26. The pick next year would most likely be higher. Plus you get a second vs the 3rd you would get from the Browns. So the Rams would have pick #6, 13, 38, 45 and still have 2 first next year. The two first next year is a tremendous weapon because if the shit did it the fan with Bradford you could always move up and get a QB next year.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I actually have Johnny Football as the highest rated played in te draft

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I actually have Johnny Football as the highest rated played in te draft
I was talking to some friends at a bar and I mentioned that Johnny Football was one of the 10 best college football players Ive ever seen and just about everyone jumped up at the bar to rip my opinion apart. I really don't think he is strong enough for the NFL.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigers & Clayton - I agree with your assessment of Johnny Manziel. When the obvious is demonstrated time and again, stick with the obvious!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG... I just did another simulation and look how it came out... remember, no trades.

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
OLB KHALIL MACK
BUFFALO
S HA’SEAN CLINTON-DIX
ALABAMA
OT JACK MEWHORT
OHIO STATE

MAH GAWD.... if we ended up with Watkins,Mack AND Dix and then a top flight OT in round 3... :drool:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun, but waaaay too unrealistic.

I just did my first one and got Hundley in the 2nd.

We all know that's not going to happen unless the guy shreds his knee before the draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Hundley being the guy left standing in round 2. I mean after we draft at 13, there are not many teams that need a QB, and then in the 2nd round, 4 of the 5 or 6 who needed one will have gotten one in round 1. That is not all that unfathomable.

But see even if a guy like Hundley WAS there in round 2, I would not draft him. I am not drafting someone like Hundley to hold a clipboard. Fales,Miller or Morris in the 4th or 5th round, yes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first half tonight, I'm disappointed in Miller's play. He seems to have a good arm, but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Of course, that may be why he could be available on day 3, but as we have seen, running QBs in the NFL can only surprise for so long before they are forced to throw.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did another simulation and it was just as unrealistic as my first.

2- Matthews
13- Watkins
44- Van Noy
75- Gabe Jackson
106- Ahmad Dixon
141- De'Anthony Thomas
172- Russell Bodine
203- Keith Price

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last one is the most realistic and would completely remake the OL, give us a nice 1-2 punch at RB and a developmental QB.

2- Matthews
13- Erving
44- Seastrunk
75- Gabe Jackson
106- David Fales
141- CJ Barnett
172- Shaq Evans
203- Rashaad Reynolds

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way on Gods green earth that Fisher will take two OL in the first... and I am not wasting a 2nd rounder on a RB when there are MUCH bigger needs. We can find another RB in rounds 6 or 7 (Antonio Andrews from Western KY..look him up). IMO, to COMPLETELY fill the needed holes the first four picks MUST be (in some order) WR, S, OT, DT or OLB

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted for the Texans but for fun and since this is your board, I'll show you what the Rams ended up with.

1. OLB Anthony Barr
1. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
2. WR Brandin Cooks
3. QB AJ McCarron
4. RB Marion Grice
5. QB Stephen Morris
6. OLB Boseko Lokombo
7. S Isaiah Lewis

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way on Gods green earth that Fisher will take two OL in the first... and I am not wasting a 2nd rounder on a RB when there are MUCH bigger needs. We can find another RB in rounds 6 or 7 (Antonio Andrews from Western KY..look him up). IMO, to COMPLETELY fill the needed holes the first four picks MUST be (in some order) WR, S, OT, DT or OLB

KSU

That's all well and good, but this team needs more than just one OT.

They need 2 OT's and at least 1 guard ( even if Saffold is resigned and stays at G ).

Barksdale is average at best and Long is going to be coming off ACL surgery and who knows how effective he is going to be when he gets back.

The biggest holes are on the OL. If they take another WR in the 1st or 2nd round without addressing the OL, I am going to scream. The OL is terrible at pass protection. When is this FO going to realize that and fix the problem? Instead, they keep drafting "weapons" thinking that is going to fix the offensive woes.

Well, it didn't fix the problem the last 2 drafts, did it? Nope! Offense still stinks because the OL sucks at the biggest facet of the game- passing.

If they ever expect Bradford to reach his potential, they gotta draft some guys that can keep him upright for longer than 2-3 seconds.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am not advocating they take a RB in the 2nd.

He was just the BPA when I did the simulator. I would be fine with Thomas is the 5th or another RB in that mold later in the draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, if we get an OT at #13 and another OT/OG in say the 5th or 6th round (like I have been projecting) and then resign or franchise Saffold... we will be set.

Starting O Line week 1 will look like this (assuming Jake Long is out for the first 6):
draft pick at #13 at LT, Chris Williams at LG, Barrett Jones at C, Roger Saffold at RG and Barksdale at RT

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this Oline if we made the trade with the Browns and then moved back to 6 with ATL.

J.Long, G.Jackson, B.Jones, C.Richardson, T Lewan
pick 26 pick 38 pick 13

and honestly if we could land the two Stud Guards I would be good with Barksdale at RT Tackle. then you could use 13 on HaHa Or a CB

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping because I noticed how much the prospect rankings have changed in the past month or so and I was curious as to what I could get out of a Clowney type of draft.

2 DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY SOUTH CAROLINA
13 OT TAYLOR LEWAN MICHIGAN
44 CB BRADLEY ROBY OHIO STATE
75 G CYRIL RICHARDSON BAYLOR
106 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE
141 QB A.J. MCCARRON ALABAMA
172 S TRE BOSTON NORTH CAROLINA
203 OLB DENICOS ALLEN MICHIGAN STATE

The best prospect in the draft, 2 big maulers on the oline, a first round CB prospect who got burned a lot in college and needs to get coached up, a workhorse running back, a game manager QB who likes to win, a safety and a LB. I could see the draft ending up like this if we can't trade down

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping because I noticed how much the prospect rankings have changed in the past month or so and I was curious as to what I could get out of a Clowney type of draft.

2 DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY SOUTH CAROLINA
13 OT TAYLOR LEWAN MICHIGAN
44 CB BRADLEY ROBY OHIO STATE
75 G CYRIL RICHARDSON BAYLOR
106 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE
141 QB A.J. MCCARRON ALABAMA
172 S TRE BOSTON NORTH CAROLINA
203 OLB DENICOS ALLEN MICHIGAN STATE

The best prospect in the draft, 2 big maulers on the oline, a first round CB prospect who got burned a lot in college and needs to get coached up, a workhorse running back, a game manager QB who likes to win, a safety and a LB. I could see the draft ending up like this if we can't trade down

Can't wait that long to take a safety. They have to get one at #13, #44 or #75 at the latest.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait that long to take a safety. They have to get one at #13, #44 or #75 at the latest.

Exactly... You can go after a CB later in the draft. We must come out of the draft with Dix, Pryor, Loston, Bailey or Reynolds... period