• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I actually want Doan to play

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sick of watching all these youngsters focused on scoring! We should all be watching to see who is going to get "Doaned" next. Get well soon!
Seriously though, I've got the utmost respect for Doan, but his style can sometimes fall into the hands of a team like the Wings. With him out of the lineup, i believe the team philosofy (sp?) is tweaked just enough to give Detroit fits.

Of course you want Shane in the lineup if you're a 'Yotes fan, but its just a thought...

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what you mean, especially since my team's face the Wings in the past two SCF. I don't know that I agree though. Doan provides a certain swagger on the ice that I think the younger guys benefit from. I guess we'll find out soon.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see what you mean, especially since my team's face the Wings in the past two SCF. I don't know that I agree though. Doan provides a certain swagger on the ice that I think the younger guys benefit from. I guess we'll find out soon.

Oh yeah, you're definately right about that. If they make a deep run, he will have to be there. I could see the 'Yotes winning this series and Doan still being the MVP in round 2. But in the case of this series, it could factor in. Gonna be a brutal game 7 either way!!

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of been riding the 'Yotes bandwagon the last month or so out of sheer surprise. I hate that this series happened in round one though. It's been so great, I wish it got more attention.

Good luck to Coyotes and Wings fans. Nothing's more exciting than a one game, winner take all.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this series first started I wanted the yotes to win because I thought they were worse than the Wings but now I see that either team would be tough to face. So now im justing hoping for a competitive game 7 that is enjoyable to watch regardless of the outcome.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no players from the Yotes or Wings on Esls' pool, but I know a lot of others have Wings players, so guess who I'm rooting for? :rolleyes:

BLOODWINGZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The "Mule" is due for a big game ................ let's hope game 7 is the 1st of several.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Yotes are a better team with Doan in the lineup, against a disciplined team like the Wings or any other team.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take the series win either way, but there's something more satisfying about beating a healthy team than one that's banged up, especially when they are missing their best player and leader.

Plus if we lose to the Yotes, it'd be nice to see Doan in the handshake line. If Detroit doesn't make it out of the first round, I will officially be on the Phoenix bandwagon.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Yotes are a better team with Doan in the lineup, against a disciplined team like the Wings or any other team.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take the series win either way, but there's something more satisfying about beating a healthy team than one that's banged up, especially when they are missing their best player and leader.

Plus if we lose to the Yotes, it'd be nice to see Doan in the handshake line. If Detroit doesn't make it out of the first round, I will officially be on the Phoenix bandwagon.

I agree that they are a better team with Doan in. I just see some younger players on the team that have a real nose for the net. Doan is a top notch scorer, but it's the other things that take his game to a whole new level. I kinda noticed some of the aforementioned youngsters trying to get gritty at times when they could of just snatched the puck and funnel it towards the net. All in all it doesn't matter as Jimmy will save the day anyway!! Go Wings!!!!

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MMMM! Crow is yummy with a side of ranch dressing! I guess my signature says it all...