• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothtical: Adrian Gonzalez

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to give up Belt, period for anyone. His minor league stats thus far are VERY similar to Mark Teixera's at the same age. Like NatIsTheShi said, A-Gon is going to cost a ton pretty soon and Belt is going to be making around 400-450 K for at least 3 years before he is even arb. eligible.

Trading Belt would be the return of bad Sabean. I liked good Sabean this year.

I hear ya. We totally need cost control right now so that we will have the money to re-sign Lincecum and Cain when they're due for raises. I hope the Giants continue the good job they're doing with homegrown players.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. We totally need cost control right now so that we will have the money to re-sign Lincecum and Cain when they're due for raises. I hope the Giants continue the good job they're doing with homegrown players.

It seems weird to see/say that. I like this new change. :)

Keep building from within guys.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to not trading pitching? Sanchez was obviously something to consider dumping mid year, but after how we just won the WS, do you do that?

Who's our 5th starter then? Who's our 6th for when someone has a dead arm for awhile?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we trade Sanchez. As 4North said on ESPN, he may be one of the very best 5th starters in the rotation of all time (and that's assuming Zito is pitching 3rd or 4th in the rotation). I'm with Filo on the home grown issue. I shared this article with some friends last week about the Giants and the evolution of Sabean's drafting philosophy here:

Giants won World Series despite draft failures - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Pretty funny that Sabe's actually started out as a scout which what makes his initial philosophy on drafting even more bizarre.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we trade Sanchez. As 4North said on ESPN, he may be one of the very best 5th starters in the rotation of all time (and that's assuming Zito is pitching 3rd or 4th in the rotation). I'm with Filo on the home grown issue. I shared this article with some friends last week about the Giants and the evolution of Sabean's drafting philosophy here:

Pretty funny that Sabe's actually started out as a scout which what makes his initial philosophy on drafting even more bizarre.

Your link led me to this link which I quite liked as well:

World Series title caps 'City' life - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the article Yosh. Scathing, but interesting for sure. I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of it (i.e. - Michael Tucker).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your link led me to this link which I quite liked as well:

World Series title caps 'City' life - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Good article, even if it is a bit too "touchy-feely" for my tastes...

It did bring up Murph, however, which made me think...

Does his "number" get retired when he finally retires from the organization? I think if St Louis and Detroit can retire announcers, the G's need to retire a clubhouse manager...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rasmus, but his defense gives me great pause. With half of our games at AT&T, I can't see putting a poor defender out there, even in LF.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rasmus, but his defense gives me great pause. With half of our games at AT&T, I can't see putting a poor defender out there, even in LF.

I thought I heard he was a good defender, but I decided to go look it up. All I have to say is wow. He is actually pretty terrible.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard he was a good defender, but I decided to go look it up. All I have to say is wow. He is actually pretty terrible.

I saw him a couple of times in person and a few other times on TV...he's not good.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article, even if it is a bit too "touchy-feely" for my tastes...

It did bring up Murph, however, which made me think...

Does his "number" get retired when he finally retires from the organization? I think if St Louis and Detroit can retire announcers, the G's need to retire a clubhouse manager...

I have to think they will honor Murph in some capacity. Giants ownership have been great at highlighting key pieces of their past. AT&T park is becoming more like a Giants museum :)