• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hybrid WR/TE, the Future of NFL Offenses

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Broyles comes back late in 2014 from his ruptured Achilles but do not count on him until 2015

I think people have basically written Broyles off. When you have blown out both knees and your achilles in the past 3 years -- you are not going to be the same player you once were.

It sucks for the Lions, but those are the breaks sometime.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has that type of guy in Fauria. And if you wanted a quicker version Mike Evans has great size and if he can run in the 4.40s he very well could be the best pure WR in the draft. I get Watkins has speed and shake but I keep seeing that he is more of a catch and run type than a field stretcher. Again maybe not a problem but maybe is?
I like Evans as much as about anyone does, and I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL, but Watkins is going to be special, imo.

He's not small, at 6'1", yet he has a shot to be the fastest player in the draft. If he doesn't run in the 4.3 range it will be a shock to the analysts and scouts and such. He's a run after the catch threat and a deep threat and a possession guy.

That's just my $.02

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he ran a 4.5 according to my brother

He ran 4.60 in the 40. A.C. Leonard from Tennessee State was the fastest TE at 4.50. No chance do I spend a top 10 pick on him. He was talking about running faster than Vernon Davis and he didn't come close. At 6'4" and 245 lbs -- He is basically going to be a receiving TE -- Detroit can find more value in the later rounds.

Hell -- I hope they pass on the TE early and take a late round flier on the coke head from Oregon -- Colt Lyerla. He ran a 4.61 at 6'5" 240 lbs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Evans as much as about anyone does, and I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL, but Watkins is going to be special, imo.

He's not small, at 6'1", yet he has a shot to be the fastest player in the draft. If he doesn't run in the 4.3 range it will be a shock to the analysts and scouts and such. He's a run after the catch threat and a deep threat and a possession guy.

That's just my $.02

Watkins is the pink elephant in the room of many draft rooms. He has everyone drooling but I can't shake the thought he is a short pass guy that gets his yards after the catch. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I can see teams passing on him because the depth at WR and the quality that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The guy has Austin like moves after catching the WR screen. But if you are looking for a guy to stretch the field Evans may be the better option. I doubt seriously a team would pass on Watkins for Evans and I would be pissed if Detroit did as well but I am warming to the idea he may be what Detroit really needs as a #2. He has the potential to be as big as most TEs with more athleticism.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is that adding 20-25 pounds to their frame without dropping a few tenths is very difficult to do. Also just becoming a good blocker is also very difficult to do. Yeah there is a chance that it can happen it's just miniscule. If you're going that route you're better off trying to get an athletic freak with no football experience and teaching him to play football than taking a guy that has played football all his life at an extremely high level and change what he does well while trying to change his body.

Durham definitely isn't going to happen, he is already 25 or 26. If he was going to add size without losing speed it would have had to happen by now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never heard of A.C. Leonard, but he is putting up some freakish stats at the combine for a TE. he had the fastest 40 time at 4.5 and tied for first in the broad jump at 128 with Lyerla.

Just looked him up -- he was on Florida and transferred to Tennessee State. 6'2" 252 lbs. That boy is MOVING in his 40 and I would hate to be in the way of him while he was running. LOL

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never heard of A.C. Leonard, but he is putting up some freakish stats at the combine for a TE. he had the fastest 40 time at 4.5 and tied for first in the broad jump at 128 with Lyerla.

Just looked him up -- he was on Florida and transferred to Tennessee State. 6'2" 252 lbs. That boy is MOVING in his 40 and I would hate to be in the way of him while he was running. LOL

Damn. H-Back? Pretty short to be a traditional TE, but if he can lead block and run routes he could be an asset. I wonder what round he's predicted to go in?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld

North Carolina TE Eric Ebron ran twin forty-yard dash times of 4.50 and 4.50 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

He's really, really fast for a 6-foot-4 3/8 and 250-pound player, though somehow Ebron's "official" forty time was announced at 4.60. Ebron's college touchdown production left something to be desired, but his on-field skill set is similar to Vernon Davis' as a complete tight end with outrageous athleticism and straight-line speed. We expect him to be a top-15 draft pick.

We're fucked... We would of been okay if Undead Al was still picking for the Raiders at #5 but that isn't the case anymore.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. H-Back? Pretty short to be a traditional TE, but if he can lead block and run routes he could be an asset. I wonder what round he's predicted to go in?

Not sure what round he is predicted, but I know I wouldn't want to get in front of a guy weighed 250+ and running a 4.50 40. Actually -- I just read where it says he actually ran a 4.43 40 yard dash at the combine. So hard to tell what the confirmed time is when they have 8 different times for each player.

I did find out why he left Florida. I guess they didn't take too kindly of him pushing his girlfriend to the ground and then dragging her into their apartment by her hair. Sounds like a stand up guy to me. LOL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina TE Eric Ebron ran twin forty-yard dash times of 4.50 and 4.50 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

He's really, really fast for a 6-foot-4 3/8 and 250-pound player, though somehow Ebron's "official" forty time was announced at 4.60.

See what I mean -- they have so many different people timing them, you have no clue what his real time is.

I REALLY hope Detroit doesn't do something stupid and spend a top 10 pick on a TE. I just can't see them being dumb enough to spend a 2nd 1st round pick on a TE after doing that with Pettigrew.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did find out why he left Florida. I guess they didn't take too kindly of him pushing his girlfriend to the ground and then dragging her into their apartment by her hair. Sounds like a stand up guy to me. LOL.

as2261.gif

Amazing how a few thousand years can change peoples minds about right and wrong.

superdave2773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what round he is predicted, but I know I wouldn't want to get in front of a guy weighed 250+ and running a 4.50 40. Actually -- I just read where it says he actually ran a 4.43 40 yard dash at the combine. So hard to tell what the confirmed time is when they have 8 different times for each player.

maybe he and ray rice are tight?:gaah: