• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2020 Season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that they are back to actually having a fucking game instead of a spring showcase or whatever the fuck, I'd expect more to show up. Hard to say how many and I wouldn't expect a 'sell out' or packed house even if it's free. Petersen's sudden departure and lack of that exciting marquee name might tamp down the crowds a bit.

Lake needs to have a strong year and build a QB and skill players that bring some fire to the Montlake faithfull and next years will pack them in.

I've never gone to the Spring Preview or whatever before, but now I actually might attend it.

I understand that Petersen didn't want to expose too many details about the roster/schemes, but having a real spring game makes a lot of sense. I get that it comes down to Petersen's discretion, but I'm surprised Petersen wasn't pressured to have a real spring game.

I know I'm probably looking at this the wrong way, but this could be a great opportunity to generate revenue for the athletic department. Give the season ticket holders a reason to show up - they'll spend money on concessions - and then charge a cheap admission fee to everyone else and perhaps someone who has never attended a game before might have a reason to buy tickets in the future. Just my two cents.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC hire still has me worried.

I wouldn't say I'm not worried, but I do think it'll be an upgrade over Hamden. Also who knows what Jonathan Smith could've done if he wasn't executing the offense that Petersen preferred.

I will say that the offense will probably be the biggest thing we complain about in 2020. With all of the inexperienced players on offense - especially at QB - even if the play calling and playbook are great, there will still be many times where player execution is off. Generally it's easier to blame the guy running the offense than the players.

One of the reasons why I was leaning towards favoring K.J. Costello coming to UW is because it's going to be a tough transition when we have to replace our starting QB, HB, LT, RT, C, TE and #1 WR. Unless a lot of the younger guys really step up, I do think we shouldn't be surprised if we see a regression on offense in 2020.

Based on what I've seen and read I think this will be the most open QB competition we've had in years. Although I believe Sirmon might be the favorite early on, I could easily see Dylan Morris or Ethan Garbers winning the job. What I read last year during camp was that it didn't appear as if Sirmon was even close to sniffing 2nd team reps behind Haener and Eason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we gave the last two their chances.

Petersen brought in Smith and that was good enough at the time. Not like people were calling for his head the first year. Even in Browning's first year things were looking up. It crashed down in a hurry. Probably didn't really call for his firing for more than a season later.

Hamdan we were cautiously optimistic, but he didn't have play calling experience. Yes, he was on a shorter leash, but he had a chance to prove it.

The new guy has called plays and built an offense. That's an improvement already. Im not ready to give him praise until he earns it. But he's going to have a rookie QB. He will get credit for that.

Agreed. I think due to the inexperience of the offense, people won't be calling for Donovan's head immediately like we did with Hamden, but I do believe it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that the offense will be a point of contention.

Also I think that Donovan will be able to have more control over the offense than Smith or Hamden did, which could be a good thing. Hamden appeared to just be a shittier version of Jonathan Smith.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good interview with coach lake on current state of the team and the big events of the past two months.

The full 30 minute pod cast can be heard via the link. I choose the google stream option and it fired up easy. Good stuff.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see an example of just how much the media is kissing Nike U arse this year then check out the SI article and afterwards check out the 247 links. UW has the higher ranked QB & RB vs Oregon yet SI has the balls to post this utter bs.

Top 10 QB/RB Combos in the 2020 Recruiting Class

https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Garbers-46053994/

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Adams-II-46043149/

https://247sports.com/player/jay-butterfield-46047108/

https://247sports.com/player/trey-benson-46057374/

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see an example of just how much the media is kissing Nike U arse this year then check out the SI article and afterwards check out the 247 links. UW has the higher ranked QB & RB vs Oregon yet SI has the balls to post this utter bs.

Top 10 QB/RB Combos in the 2020 Recruiting Class

https://247sports.com/Player/Ethan-Garbers-46053994/

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Adams-II-46043149/

https://247sports.com/player/jay-butterfield-46047108/

https://247sports.com/player/trey-benson-46057374/

I think it's due to the fact that Oregon has a lot of elite returning talent on both sides of the ball despite losing Herbert. Hate to say it but they have a lot of studs coming back:

Top returning players in every college football conference | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

Also I can't remember the entire situation, but there was some mass exodus from SI so the quality of the writing/research has likely substantially dropped.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting comments coming from the media covering the combines this weekend and one of the comments that bugged the hell out of me was : " teams were interested in finding out about Eason's lack of maturity"

Now we had no idea what went on behind close doors at UW, but if this kid was a self centered douche canoe why in the hell did CP bring him here?

I mean they could have ran one of these younger QB's out there last year to gain experience with the same damn record

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting comments coming from the media covering the combines this weekend and one of the comments that bugged the hell out of me was : " teams were interested in finding out about Eason's lack of maturity"

Now we had no idea what went on behind close doors at UW, but if this kid was a self centered douche canoe why in the hell did CP bring him here?

I mean they could have ran one of these younger QB's out there last year to gain experience with the same damn record

I saw those comments as well and tbh they didn't entirely surprise me. We all saw his demeanor on the sidelines and when he was with teammates. He had such a lack of leadership that it was actually a big news story whenever he "stepped up" and tried to hype up his teammates.

I recall him being referred to as a "silent leader" which to me is an oxymoron. That's essentially a way of saying he's not a leader without throwing him under the bus.

It sucks to say but I think the only reason he played in the bowl game was because he figured it could be an opportunity to elevate his draft status.

Eason has incredible raw arm talent but I really do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was so atrocious when even facing the slightest bit of pressure. His attitude just adds to that.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate to say it, but I don't have very high expectations of 2020 and I hope it doesn't make people panic about the direction of the program. Unfortunately our toughest games (aside from Michigan) are all on the road. Not counting the bowl game, I think the Huskies win 8 games unless whoever is named QB is somehow remarkable in their first season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw those comments as well and tbh they didn't entirely surprise me. We all saw his demeanor on the sidelines and when he was with teammates. He had such a lack of leadership that it was actually a big news story whenever he "stepped up" and tried to hype up his teammates.

I recall him being referred to as a "silent leader" which to me is an oxymoron. That's essentially a way of saying he's not a leader without throwing him under the bus.

It sucks to say but I think the only reason he played in the bowl game was because he figured it could be an opportunity to elevate his draft status.

Eason has incredible raw arm talent but I really do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was so atrocious when even facing the slightest bit of pressure. His attitude just adds to that.

Im not going to say that just yet. People need to remember when he was at Georgia that oline in front of him was terrible, they couldn't protect him at all, so I can see why he's a little gun shy.
I think in the right situation with the correct staff they could take this cannon of an arm and actually turn him into something good.

My whole point of bring it up was it clearly shows CP took this kid back under the pressure of the fans whining for them to offer him again.