• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hunter or rodney for closer ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have hunter and spend the 10 million on a front loaded contract to say davis . no way we will resign nick at 17.5 million or even close to it going forward . more money to spend elsewhere . we need to also look at signing tilly long term .

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like getting coal in our stockings....

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Tommy would be up for it, if the opportunity presented itself. Personally.. I feel the closer role is slightly overvalued, as far as what teams spend for it. We've had some success getting unknowns to become premier closers (atleast enough to get traded away).. I'm gonna vote Hunter on this one.

School of Roch: Hunter's closing argument

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Tommy would be up for it, if the opportunity presented itself. Personally.. I feel the closer role is slightly overvalued, as far as what teams spend for it. We've had some success getting unknowns to become premier closers (atleast enough to get traded away).. I'm gonna vote Hunter on this one.

School of Roch: Hunter's closing argument

Is Francisco Rodriguez so bad or off the map that he does not even get a mention here? I know they released him, but, they also could likely re-sign him, and probably to a low contract amt with lots of insentives.

I did not really see him pitch last year, so I am mostly going from what I have seen in the past, and knowing that he is only 31, and could still turn it around....

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys expect Hunter to close the 9th against Ellsbury, Beltran, and McCann?

Hunter vs. Left: 170 AB, 11 HR, .857 OPS.
Ryan Webb vs. Left: 123 AB, 1 HR, .714 OPS.

Ryan who? He's the Orioles big free agency acquisition this offseason. Right-hander reliever from the Marlins, 2.91 ERA, 1.2 WAR,...........0 for 9 in save opportunities for his career.(gotta go see a shrink)

If Hammel can go back to throwing 95 mph for just one inning, I'd rather see him close.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney is productive but also scary at times. I could see him becoming Benitez II. Hunter is worth a shot but he would do well to develop a 2nd pitch. Maybe Stinson could develop into a future closer too. Whats Burnett waiting for to decide Mardi Gras?

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gausmann fails as a starter again we could see him becoming a closer. He's very young, so I would want them to be patient with him and allow him to be the starter he is projected to be, but with the Orioles you never know.