• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to fix the Bears

merdoc1180

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was gm of Bears I would do a complete rebuild by moving any defensive player with value but I don't think Bears will go that way I think they will try to get 1 more year out of D so here is my way to help with that year.

Players to cut or let go K.Davis, D.Hester, B.Urlacher

Players to try to sign
B.Albert LT - big money but would help O-Line
B.Meyers TE - we need a receiving threat at TE and he is under the radar
J.Jones WR/Ret - would replace Hester as returner and help a little on offense
S.Lechler P - Podlesh kills us with field position and Lechlers booming leg would help.
M.Moore QB - Need backup cause Campbell didn't work out

My mock draft
1st round - C.Warmack OG or J.Cooper OG preferably Warmack if available with him and Albert on left side would be completely different team.
2nd round - A.Okafor DE Texas Giants have shown depth at End helps and Peppers doesn't have long left.
4th round - N.Johnson ILB Bama need to replace Urlacher but could start at Olb with Roach in middle.
5th round - B.Winters OT Kent State could compete for RT job with J.Scott
6th round - T.Howard CB Ohio State need depth and Tillman is getting old

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone fresh.

no retreads from yesteryear.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd give the D, one more year. Draft some replacements this year.

Get a coach, (or at the very least, an OC) that knows how to run an offense, and a couple new o-linemen, and the Bears are right there.

The 3 offensive skill positions are good to great. Someone who can draw up and call a decent gameplan (with the ability to ADJUST) and the Bears will be fine.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Marinelli for a 1 year contract, and I would keep Dave Toub for as long as he will stay.

I think Toub could be a great HC some day.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I would make Tice recycle my farts for a year without pay.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:

Nico Johnson will be LONG gone by the 4th round, and I think Okafor projects better to a 3-4 situational rush OLB.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd give the D, one more year. Draft some replacements this year.

Get a coach, (or at the very least, an OC) that knows how to run an offense, and a couple new o-linemen, and the Bears are right there.

The 3 offensive skill positions are good to great. Someone who can draw up and call a decent gameplan (with the ability to ADJUST) and the Bears will be fine.

as lots of NFL offenses have shown, the Real threat is having a true WRF outside and threatening with a speed/shift Slot on the same side. While the OL is terrible, shoring up the backside can be done while using a midrounder on a burner slot guy. Of course, without the HC and OC to realize/implement this.... also I think doing that buys Chicago a year to fin d a better fit at TE. This draft class and FA class is terrible for TEs

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as lots of NFL offenses have shown, the Real threat is having a true WRF outside and threatening with a speed/shift Slot on the same side. While the OL is terrible, shoring up the backside can be done while using a midrounder on a burner slot guy. Of course, without the HC and OC to realize/implement this.... also I think doing that buys Chicago a year to fin d a better fit at TE. This draft class and FA class is terrible for TEs

Hester or Bennett both coulda been this guy with a competent offensive coach.

As much as I hate to give any credit to Mad Mike Martz, he was 5 times the offensive mind as Tice. But, maybe not near as diabolical...as I've read numerous reports, that former center Olin Kreutz testified that Tice was sabotaging Martz cuz he wanted his job. Kreutz said he would deliberately call the wrong call for the o-line. One that didn't correspond to the play called by Martz.

I blame Tice for the o-line issues as well, as ultimately, he woulda been the go-to guy on the assessment of the players on that line. He woulda been the assurance to stay pat, and not draft someone or be more active in FA to fix that dreadful line.

merdoc1180

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My HC pick would be McCoy or Arian, would love to keep Toub as St Coordinator, D-Coordinator is up to HC but Marinelli wouldn't be bad to keep but will probably go with Lovie.

N.Johnson is graded as 3rd-4th rounder everywhere I look

A.Okafor fits better as a Olb but I think Bears are headed that way anyway with McClellan pick last year and even if there not McClellan graded as a OLB and they took him, situational pass rushers are always valuable.

merdoc1180

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are S.Bailey could be available in 2nd to later rounds which would be a good pickup as the slot guy but I don't think Bears want to spend another high pick on WR after taking Jeffrey last year and paying Marshall and Bennet good money.

merdoc1180

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream scenario would be take A.Ogletree in 1st round to replace Urlacher but he will probably get gone between 10-15, then would shoot for D.J.Fluker in 2nd round and adjust rest of draft.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs an O-Line, particularly a left tackle and guards. I still like Carimi at Right because run blockers like him don't grow on trees. Garza's good enough to keep that job, but we need three good guards. It kills me that we took Shea over Zeitler or DeCastro last year, and I hope we don't make the same mistake twice. This team should just start Spaeth at TE, as well, in the short term.

My ideal draft would be:
1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama (a bit of a stretch...might require trading up)
3. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
4. Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
5. Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
7. Devin Smith, CB, Wisconsin

merdoc1180

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of D.Robinson as a project in like 6th or 7th but I think we have too many needs to waste a 4th rounder on him. Even being a Bama fan I don't like B.Jones from watching games he gets pushed into backfield a lot, maybe as a guard with his head already up he might be better against bullrush.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs an O-Line, particularly a left tackle and guards. I still like Carimi at Right because run blockers like him don't grow on trees. Garza's good enough to keep that job, but we need three good guards. It kills me that we took Shea over Zeitler or DeCastro last year, and I hope we don't make the same mistake twice. This team should just start Spaeth at TE, as well, in the short term.

My ideal draft would be:
1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama (a bit of a stretch...might require trading up)
3. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford

4. Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
5. Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
6. Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State
7. Devin Smith, CB, Wisconsin

I would nut myself if this actually happened.