• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Stacked is the NFC?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There at least 10 legit teams with a playoff chance. IMO only the Eagles, Cardinals, Cowboys and maybe the Panthers dont have a realistic chance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There at least 10 legit teams with a playoff chance. IMO only the Eagles, Cardinals, Cowboys and maybe the Panthers dont have a realistic chance.
Honestly, any of those teams could make 'the leap', too. Zona's defense is legit and Palmer is a mediocre QB which is a massive upgrade over what they had last year. They fix their oline and they could contend. Eagles and Cardinals also have a new coach and often times you see teams jump up after a good hire. Panthers have a few holes but Cam Newton is really talented and if you have a talented QB and some pieces around him, there is always that chance.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of an AFC playoff team, I ain't complainin about that Revis trade.

StateoftheSport.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis won't be in the running. The Seahawks and 49ers have improved their rosters and I think will be the 2 to go again in that division. I don't like the Bucs either. With Peyton being back on the sidelines for the Saints and the Falcons seemingly getting better every year I would find it hard to believe the Bucs could advance past 3rd in that division.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious as to why you say the Cowboys don't?

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ah, nothing for nothing, I have zero love for the Cowboys, at all, but they were in the chase to make the playoffs last year. Heck, with the talent the Eagles have, I think they too could make the playoffs. In fact, I think both teams could have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Bucs. Nothing against them, they have one of my favorite players in Lavonte David, but I think they have less of a chance to make the playoffs than the Eagles or Cowboys.

Doesn't mean I don't think the Bucs have zero shot. But in general terms, yes the NFC is very stacked. Another team I don't believe in is, the Lions. I owned Stafford this season for my fantasy team, so I watched pretty much all his games, and the dude is not very good. He throws the least meaningful yards of any QB I can think.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats funny is the Panthers(on paper) have a very good chance considering they had a top 10 offense and top 15 defense last year. They, realistically, have a very good shot if they can figure out how to win the close games.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats funny is the Panthers(on paper) have a very good chance considering they had a top 10 offense and top 15 defense last year. They, realistically, have a very good shot if they can figure out how to win the close games.

tell me how many Bama players are on the roster, and I will tell you how good their chances are on making the playoffs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of like Arizona this year, playing that division will be a mother fucker though. Eagles and Cowboys have a shot I think, no team in that division is really any good so it wouldnt be a shock for either of them to compete. Carolina is OK but same as Zona the division is a ball buster. I dont think STL has much of a shot at doing anything and I think Minnesota steps back this year too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one from the East can be discounted at this point. Ever. It never fails that the NFCE team that no one gives a shot, will end up making the playoffs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles - Not this year

Redskins
Giants
Cowboys - 1 will make it 2 won't. Could finish in any order.

Packers - In for sure

Lions
Vikings
Bears - 1 will make the wildcard. The other 2 won't. Could finish in any order.

Falcons - In for sure.

Saints - Could push NFC North team for final wildcard spot if everything comes back together perfectly.

Panthers
Bucs - Both with QB questions miss out.

Niners
Seahawks - 1 wins division 1 wins wildcard

Rams
Cards - Again, two teams with foggy QB's not strong enough to lead them to post season.

That adds up to 11 teams in the race IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excluding catastrophic injury situations these teams should be tough to beat out for a playoff spot: Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers.

I feel like the Giants and Saints will bounce back from last year's little issues. Super Bowl hangover and being gutted by Goodell respectively.

If offseason changes work out as expected and hoped, these teams should put up a serious fight for a playoff spot: Lions, Bears, Vikings, Buccaneers. In this category, if the offseason additions in Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota work out even for just 2 of the three, GB might not be as big of a lock as most of us think.

I feel its really tough to gauge the Cowboys and Redskins because they seem to go up and down so often, they can just as easily make the playoffs as miss them, but a healthy RG3 and if people haven't figured out how to slow the read-option, the Redskins are still my favorite to win the East.

If off-season moves work out for the Panthers, Cardinals, Eagles, and Rams they could ideally make a push for the playoffs too... but no offense to their fans, I want to see it before I believe it.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excluding catastrophic injury situations these teams should be tough to beat out for a playoff spot: Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers.

I feel like the Giants and Saints will bounce back from last year's little issues. Super Bowl hangover and being gutted by Goodell respectively.

If offseason changes work out as expected and hoped, these teams should put up a serious fight for a playoff spot: Lions, Bears, Vikings, Buccaneers. In this category, if the offseason additions in Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota work out even for just 2 of the three, GB might not be as big of a lock as most of us think.

I feel its really tough to gauge the Cowboys and Redskins because they seem to go up and down so often, they can just as easily make the playoffs as miss them, but a healthy RG3 and if people haven't figured out how to slow the read-option, the Redskins are still my favorite to win the East.
If off-season moves work out for the Panthers, Cardinals, Eagles, and Rams they could ideally make a push for the playoffs too... but no offense to their fans, I want to see it before I believe it.

Agree wholeheartedly. It seems like every year I wouldn't be surprised if either team netted 6 wins.. or 10.

StateoftheSport.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the days of the read option are done in DC. RGIII will never be the same runner he was before this injury and with suck a good passing talent I would be shocked if the Redskins continued to put their future in harms way. They have a good enough running game without it to take pressure off of the passing game and RGIII has proven that he can throw very well. They can compete for the division without the read option wrinkle in their offense.

The Cowboys have to be counted out until they prove otherwise. Every year they are great on paper and then fall flat during the season or are a one and done in the playoffs. We need to see more from them on a consistent basis before they are a consideration for the playoffs. The East is consistently one of the tougher divisions in football, so while last year they looked rather bad I would expect most of the division to be back up to par this season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im from the Show-Me State so I tend to agree as cliche as it is.

The Panthers have far and away the best point differential last year of that group, btw. So they probably have the best odds.

The Eagles had far and away the worst turnover margin last year. Turning that around could certainly get them closer to the playoffs.

The Cardinals and Rams are likely doomed. They would need to go 2-4 in division (difficult), beat the other 3rd-4th place NFC teams they place (somewhat difficult) and then go something like 3-1 in the AFC South (certainly doable) and 3-1 in the NFC South (somewhat difficult)

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell me how many Bama players are on the roster, and I will tell you how good their chances are on making the playoffs.

I know of atleast one that just got picked up as a F/A, but who cares at that level. The reality is they got better in the offseason and had a decent ranking for offense and defense. If they can win some of the close one that they have been losing, they should be a bit closer to making the playoffs. Whats sad if they play one of the toughest schedules in the NFL next season...why i dont know, but they got cursed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the best division in the NFC this year?? I think you can make a legit argument for the West, South or North. I tend to lean towards the South or the West, alot of depends on how strong NO comes back IMO. If they come back to 2011 status you could see 3 teams in that division with 10+ wins I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the best division in the NFC this year?? I think you can make a legit argument for the West, South or North. I tend to lean towards the South or the West, alot of depends on how strong NO comes back IMO. If they come back to 2011 status you could see 3 teams in that division with 10+ wins I think.
We don't know yet. Imo, injuries are huge when you talk about NFL strength. If the Redskins and RG3 come back 100%, its not hard to imagine the NFC East having major players, as well.