• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much will the Seahawks regress without Earl Thomas?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he's the best FS in the league. It's a shame because he does so much for their defense. He was one of my favorite prospects coming out of Texas. Everyone was always gushing over Taylor Mays and his athleticism in college, but Carroll knew Thomas was the better player. Is it really true this could be a career ender for him?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he's the best FS in the league. It's a shame because he does so much for their defense. He was one of my favorite prospects coming out of Texas. Everyone was always gushing over Taylor Mays and his athleticism in college, but Carroll knew Thomas was the better player. Is it really true this could be a career ender for him?

Next game against the Packers should be a test for the defense, so we'll see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you believe the crap the NE fans are saying in the other thread about Gronk...not at all.
I think a couple of them are trying to say they will actually be better!!!:L

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl can't be replaced, he's just that good ... His replacement Terrell is decent though, definitely not Earl level but he'll do a respectful job ..

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Seattle's run game is starting to get rolling. If that happens it will more than make up for Earls loss.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should not matter at all as I have been told Britt is the most important one on the team for them to succeed. Without him they only score 3 points and with him they score 40

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should not matter at all as I have been told Britt is the most important one on the team for them to succeed. Without him they only score 3 points and with him they score 40

Heard Britt could kill two stones with one bird. He can also beat you in connect four in three moves.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks defense is predicated on having Kam in the box and Earl as the single safety out there.

I assume teams will try to test us vertically and down the seams much more often now. That or our run defense suffers a bit with Kam having to shade more towards coverage.

Hopefully having Bennett back there with Avril and Clark wrecking havoc on the line creating pressure will off set that a bit.

But Earl is definitely the one player on defense we can not replace.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Link?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't win another game. Little Rusty Wilson and Richard Sherman decide there's no sense hiding their love any longer since their NFL careers are basically over and head off to backpack through Europe together for a few years.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't win another game. Little Rusty Wilson and Richard Sherman decide there's no sense hiding their love any longer since their NFL careers are basically over and head off to backpack through Europe together for a few years.

lol ... :clap:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Post 472 of this thread

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

I responded to a post that said he felt confident that the Seahawks would beat GB at Lambeau because they took care of New England in New England. I then replied what I copied below. Which then got the response asking if Britt was now injured which was asked because he was injured against Tampa bit not against the Panthers.

So this means the difference between the 3 points in Tampa and the 40 Points against the Panthers is because Britt was not injured against the Panthers. He kept Wilson on his feet with his pass blocking and opened up all the holes for Rawls which I was glad for because I had him on my fantasy team and helped me win $25 last week. My guess is he will make the pro bowl with him making that much of a difference if he is in there or not.

LambeauLegs said:

But which team will show up the one that went to NE or the one that scored 5 points in Tampa? If you can answer that tell me some good lottery numbers. This game is all over the table and could go a variety of ways just have to sit down and see what the hell happens on Sunday

chf said:

Is Justin Britt injured?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be foolish to think the difference wouldn't be noticeable, Earl is the best FS in the league. I'm sure the defense as a whole will take a hit, but IMO the tackling in the 2nd level will be affected quite a bit. Someone will have to help a little deeper without that missile out there, which leaves more room for teams to run on us. Earl is always coming in hot and making plays in the run game. Can Terrell do the same? I don't think so.

Now this isn't a killer. This team has played through major injuries before. Next guy up is fully ingrained in this franchise. Don't forget Carroll is a secondary coach first. He'll have some schemes and ideas for his guys. I'd be much more worried if a guy like Doug Baldwin were out for the season. I don't think the offense has as much rope to give as the defense does. Michael Bennett coming back certainly helps, as does Mike Morgan, our starting outside LB who is finally healthy.

Earl will be missed because you don't simply not miss a perennial Pro Bowler, but this defense is good enough to still be good without him. I hope teams think this means they can take more shots deep, particularly toward Sherman. I think he's made it clear that that isn't the best idea in big situations.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Earl hurts a lot. He's a likely future Hall of Famer who is one of the 2 or 3 best free safeties in the league.

How much will that impact the scoreline? That's hard to say. The defense is still stacked with lots of very talented players. The defense has given up 21 points in the past 2 weeks despite essentially not having Thomas for either game. He's a great player surrounded by great players. So Thomas being gone may ultimately cost us the Super Bowl but it won't make the team collapse.

As for the Britt snark, Britt is on the other spectrum. He's the best player on a group of very young and very inexperienced guys. His loss has a much bigger impact on the team because the OL is basically lost without him. In truth the OL can't really lose anyone except maybe our revolving door at RT.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The degree of impact depends on the opponent I think. Not having ET makes that D more vulnerable in general but most specifically on deep stuff, and not every team will be able to exploit that. Of the remaining 4 opponents, GB to me is really the only team that probably can do it. All other games are division matchups, so 2 garbage offenses and a Cards team that isn't pushing it down field like they have the last couple years.

With Bennett back now (last week was his first game in a while), the front 4+ is going to be able to help out a bit with pressure. The offense is rolling along ok as well with Rawls worked back in for 3 games and Britt returning from injury, and yes Britt absolutely does make a huge difference on the OL.

Like Flyer says, the D has been w/o ET for more or less the last 2 games. Allowed 2 TDs on the first 2 drives vs TB but 0 points the rest of the game. Last week vs CAR only allowed the 1 long TD on the very play after ET went out, and that was it of course. That's not bad at all, but I would certainly rather have ET back there.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next game against the Packers should be a test for the defense, so we'll see.
Yes this game against the Pack will tell us quite a bit about the Hawks' defense without E.T. If the Hawks can win this Sunday, they will be looking pretty good. They won't have to leave the Pacific Northwest or the West Coast for their final three games of the regular season.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. WWJ you are on your game today (yesterday).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't play two weeks ago and they lost to the Bucs. Of course, the Bucs play better defense than the undermanned Packers, so this weekend is still very winnable.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 472 of this thread

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

I responded to a post that said he felt confident that the Seahawks would beat GB at Lambeau because they took care of New England in New England. I then replied what I copied below. Which then got the response asking if Britt was now injured which was asked because he was injured against Tampa bit not against the Panthers.

So this means the difference between the 3 points in Tampa and the 40 Points against the Panthers is because Britt was not injured against the Panthers. He kept Wilson on his feet with his pass blocking and opened up all the holes for Rawls which I was glad for because I had him on my fantasy team and helped me win $25 last week. My guess is he will make the pro bowl with him making that much of a difference if he is in there or not.

LambeauLegs said:

But which team will show up the one that went to NE or the one that scored 5 points in Tampa? If you can answer that tell me some good lottery numbers. This game is all over the table and could go a variety of ways just have to sit down and see what the hell happens on Sunday

chf said:

Is Justin Britt injured?
Lol k

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh, holy hell. Since I'm the one who posted that, any other fictional words you want to put in my mouth? FFS, I'm in the Gronk thread using Thomas as an example of how Seattle WOULD take a hit by Thomas being injured.

Good fucking grief.