• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how much time should we give hazmat ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said we should give gruden 3 years and i think that hazmat should get the same

i dont think he has the d/line he needs and we would like . 4 over 30 guys , 3 with off season injury issues is concerning . i think he can rotate them and keep them fresh but other then jenkins , baker geathers and nield (and the young FA NT's ) there isnt any prospects on the farm

at LB i think he has a fine a set of OLBS as you can have , Rak , kerrigan murphy jenkins , jackson are top notch for depth and starters .

at ILB riley should be a decent pro and has been . robinson seems to be very good in coverage and knows the defense . sharpton , jordan and the other fa signing are good depth . yes you could have better starters (maybe ) but they have some potential

at cb we have the aging hall and a good young amerson . porter to me is wilson lite . breeland has potential , biggers is just a body and minniefield cant seem to break thru

at safety we have an aging stopgap in clark backed up by a guy who cant tackle well enough to stay on the field . then we have an aging head hunter and a decent young BU coming off injury

i think this year is a see what you have year . next year is a year to gather your guys and fill holes and year 3 is the year the come together

if hazmat can coach up the front 7 and cover up a vulnerable secondary we have a chance to do some good things but dont be fooled into thinking we wont need a young infusion of talent

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year. this defense has more talent than many give credit for. he has been here for 5 years now. He has complete control. If we can't break through with a defense in the top 15, he needs to go.

BTW, I think he will coach them into a top 15.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years is a long time to be average at best ....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel that if shanny handcuffed him for 4 years then he should get the chance to run "his" defense and get "his" guys 2

i dont think he has a full compliment on his defense . age in the d/line and a poor secondary with age are the concerns

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel that if shanny handcuffed him for 4 years then he should get the chance to run "his" defense and get "his" guys 2

i dont think he has a full compliment on his defense . age in the d/line and a poor secondary with age are the concerns

This is where we diverge. I don't see our D line as being poor, or even aged. There are a couple of players with some milage, but Baker and Jenkins are young. We will have a good rotation of vets and young guys to keep everyone fresh. And our secondary is miles better than it has been for years. DHall is playing at the top of his game. Amerson has potential to be a star and should show marked improvement this year. Our safeties are our biggest question mark, but I still feel we are in a better position than last year. At worse, our secondary is middle of the road.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we diverge. I don't see our D line as being poor, or even aged. There are a couple of players with some milage, but Baker and Jenkins are young. We will have a good rotation of vets and young guys to keep everyone fresh. And our secondary is miles better than it has been for years. DHall is playing at the top of his game. Amerson has potential to be a star and should show marked improvement this year. Our safeties are our biggest question mark, but I still feel we are in a better position than last year. At worse, our secondary is middle of the road.

i dont think jenkins starts for another nfl team . baker maybe . 3 of the 4 over 30's have had surgery this off season and 2 are on the PUP

i agree amerson can be very good , but hall is over 30 and injurries can happen . he is also feast or famine

clark is 35 and merriweather is over 30 and one hit away from a major suspension

kennon is young and injury prone so it isnt a given he will be the answer and then we turn to career special teamers

porter has been hurt all off season and hasnt been that good when healthy

breeland is young and has the grabsies , biggers is just a body , and chase has been more hype then production

so again i believe hazmat should get at least 3 years if shanny meddled and failed to get him players

i know his history and his defenses havent been even avg however i am willing to let the guy do what he says

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think jenkins starts for another nfl team . baker maybe . 3 of the 4 over 30's have had surgery this off season and 2 are on the PUP

i agree amerson can be very good , but hall is over 30 and injurries can happen . he is also feast or famine

clark is 35 and merriweather is over 30 and one hit away from a major suspension

kennon is young and injury prone so it isnt a given he will be the answer and then we turn to career special teamers

porter has been hurt all off season and hasnt been that good when healthy

breeland is young and has the grabsies , biggers is just a body , and chase has been more hype then production

so again i believe hazmat should get at least 3 years if shanny meddled and failed to get him players

i know his history and his defenses havent been even avg however i am willing to let the guy do what he says

Again, I can't argue with your points here, but there is a lot of negative what ifs. What about the positive side? What if we don't suffer these injuries to these older guys? What if Rak and Kerrigan being turned lose result in a combined 25-30 sacks between them? What if this also results in our secondary having 12-15 INTs due to the increased pressure? What if the tandem of Robinson and Riley become our ILB stalwarts for the next 5-7 years? All of these are just as likely as us suffering major injuries to Coefield, Hatcher, Clark and Hall all at the same time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I can't argue with your points here, but there is a lot of negative what ifs. What about the positive side? What if we don't suffer these injuries to these older guys? What if Rak and Kerrigan being turned lose result in a combined 25-30 sacks between them? What if this also results in our secondary having 12-15 INTs due to the increased pressure? What if the tandem of Robinson and Riley become our ILB stalwarts for the next 5-7 years? All of these are just as likely as us suffering major injuries to Coefield, Hatcher, Clark and Hall all at the same time.

hope for the best and prepare for the worst is my motto . when i plan things i tend to think all things being equal that murphy's law will rear its ugly head .

again if all the positives come through then at worst i am a fool

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope for the best and prepare for the worst is my motto . when i plan things i tend to think all things being equal that murphy's law will rear its ugly head .

again if all the positives come through then at worst i am a fool

Given what we have been through for the last 20 years, completely understandable. And I'm not saying we are guaranteed a winning record, just with the talent I see and the division we play in, I believe we should.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HaslJi0.htm

Hate to be negative here but Haslett should not be our Def coach this season but I just have to deal with it. I never really liked the hiring of Haslett as our Def from day one. If you would look at his Def rankings from 1996 until present, his def rankings are poor very poor. We should not be making excuses for him. Yes I am aware of our weak secondary etc but just examine his career in Def rankings in points allowed and yardage allowed. Haslett is just a poor def coach simply put. If you look at his career he really never been good on an consistent level. Shanahan is no longer here now, so lets see what happen. Before Haslett came to Washington, the Redskins' defense was the 4th best in the NFL. In 2009, it was the 10th best. Under Haslett in 2010 look at our Def rankings. Now examine the stats for 2012 and 2013.

This is the reason I was shocked that Gruden retained him for the 2014 season. We have no consistent pass rush and to many busted coverages. This essentially creates low def rankins in pass def. Haslett Def need to play much better early on until our offense can get on track.

Just hoping for the best really.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say'give him a bench mark if defense at the end of the year is ranked 25 - 32 he is gone ranked 25-1 he is safe

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HaslJi0.htm

Hate to be negative here but Haslett should not be our Def coach this season but I just have to deal with it. I never really liked the hiring of Haslett as our Def from day one. If you would look at his Def rankings from 1996 until present, his def rankings are poor very poor. We should not be making excuses for him. Yes I am aware of our weak secondary etc but just examine his career in Def rankings in points allowed and yardage allowed. Haslett is just a poor def coach simply put. If you look at his career he really never been good on an consistent level. Shanahan is no longer here now, so lets see what happen. Before Haslett came to Washington, the Redskins' defense was the 4th best in the NFL. In 2009, it was the 10th best. Under Haslett in 2010 look at our Def rankings. Now examine the stats for 2012 and 2013.

This is the reason I was shocked that Gruden retained him for the 2014 season. We have no consistent pass rush and to many busted coverages. This essentially creates low def rankins in pass def. Haslett Def need to play much better early on until our offense can get on track.

Just hoping for the best really.

i posted that before . lets hope that changes