• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How meaningful is a thorough ass kicking?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that Seattle was a formidable opponent, certainly capable of winning, but I was absolutely blind sided by getting embarrassed like we did. We had a great regular season and won two playoff games, but the blow out loss in the SB undermines all of that quite a bit.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. I'm still in shock at the way we played. From the first snap of the game; we got mauled the entire game.

We're talkin' 4 days later now, and I still feel like I got junk punched, with a side of rip your guts out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. I'm still in shock at the way we played. From the first snap of the game; we got mauled the entire game.

We're talkin' 4 days later now, and I still feel like I got junk punched, with a side of rip your guts out.

As bad as we got beat I can't help but wonder whether the gap between the two teams is really as wide it looked in the SB. There were questions about our defense and strength of schedule all year, but it looked to me as if we played some pretty good ball to beat two pretty good teams in the playoffs. Looked to me as if we were "peaking" at just the right time, so I certainly didn't expect to go out and get absolutely embarrassed.

In some sense the game is over, so it doesn't matter how badly we lost. On the other hand, if the way that we were dominated is truly indicative of how much better than us Seattle (and perhaps other NFC teams that we didn't face last year), then Elway and Co. have a lot of work to do this offseason if we're to contend next season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what you did in the regular season, if you go to the SB and let yourself get bent over the way we did, it was a failure of a season. I would rather go 4-12 then now have 2 of the 3 worst SB losses. 43-8 performance is unacceptable. Even if you take away offensive scores and special team scores from the Seahawks they still beat us 9-8. Pathetic.

I think the game should have been a lot closer. I do not believe the AFC is that much worse than the NFC but the Seahawks came to play and broncos never showed up at all. I don't think the disparity is as much as 43-8 but this team has issues with physical teams and needs to get over it.

Some it all up, this season was a complete failure. After next year several starters are going to leave and Manning will be 1 more year closer to the SB. Our window is closing and wasting a chance like this one is terrible.