• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many here would drive to Green Bay

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might. Would make for a nice road trip.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is alot of beer on the way up! I have family about an hour or so south of there. It would be fun.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Doubt the Fox man would drive to lambeau.

I would love to the title game rotated b/w Lambeau,soldier, Detroit, and Indy. I always like the idea of a rotation for the title game allows a chance for fans to drive to a game every now and then.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does green bay have Hotels for such a event............

I mean.... Yeah the Visiting NFL team has to stay somewhere.......

But would Green Bay even have close to enough hotel rooms for Two Teams and two fan bases.................

I highly doubt it...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does green bay have Hotels for such a event............

I mean.... Yeah the Visiting NFL team has to stay somewhere.......

But would Green Bay even have close to enough hotel rooms for Two Teams and two fan bases.................

I highly doubt it...

They'll put them on hold for the event, first of all. Second of all, there are plenty of hotels around the area in the middle of December that aren't being heavily used. It's a small city, but it isn't that small.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying Green Bay with a metro population of say.......... 300,000 or so......

Has 40,000 hotel rooms??????

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...... Omahas metro area is almost 3 times what Green Bays' is.......

And While Omaha does great with the CWS and Basketball, Volleyball tourneys.........

I don't even know if Omaha would be able to host 70,000 fans, 2 teams, media........

You have to be a pretty good sized city to have 35,000 or so hotel rooms..........

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're mistakenly believing that 35,000 people will travel from each fan base for the CCG. I think they're counting on neutral fans...and Wisconsin people will show up just because most Packers fans have never had a chance to see Lambeau.

And the EAA air show, the largest airshow in the world, takes place in Oshkosh, WI...about 45 minutes south of Green Bay. The attendance is around 700,000. Oshkosh has 60,000 residents. Only a portion of those 700,000 visitors come from WI, stay at the university dorms, rent vacant private student housing, or camp. You don't think at least 50,000 of those people stay in hotels? I do. Wish I could look it up.

If Lambeau is asking for it, Green Bay can support it. Otherwise I don't think they'd bother. They wouldn't want egg on their face.

If you're right, though, I hope they don't get it....because it'd suck ass if nobody was in the stadium.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn......... quite the air show eh....

But I gaurnetee you if Nebraska is in the Big Ten championship atleast 35,000 people will be coming from one fan base :)

I suppose they could support it, if the area can support that kind of air show......

But what else is their to do in Green Bay?

again- I think of green Bay the same way I think of Omaha- yeah it's a city- but it's no Chicago- Indy- Dallas etc etc.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're mistakenly believing that 35,000 people will travel from each fan base for the CCG. I think they're counting on neutral fans...and Wisconsin people will show up just because most Packers fans have never had a chance to see Lambeau.

And the EAA air show, the largest airshow in the world, takes place in Oshkosh, WI...about 45 minutes south of Green Bay. The attendance is around 700,000. Oshkosh has 60,000 residents. Only a portion of those 700,000 visitors come from WI, stay at the university dorms, rent vacant private student housing, or camp. You don't think at least 50,000 of those people stay in hotels? I do. Wish I could look it up.

If Lambeau is asking for it, Green Bay can support it. Otherwise I don't think they'd bother. They wouldn't want egg on their face.

If you're right, though, I hope they don't get it....because it'd suck ass if nobody was in the stadium.

I would just stay with my family in Hilbert. No problems for this guy.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn......... quite the air show eh....

But I gaurnetee you if Nebraska is in the Big Ten championship atleast 35,000 people will be coming from one fan base :)

I suppose they could support it, if the area can support that kind of air show......

But what else is their to do in Green Bay?

again- I think of green Bay the same way I think of Omaha- yeah it's a city- but it's no Chicago- Indy- Dallas etc etc.

You could always watch some Roller Derby after you get in on Friday night? lmao

Seriously though, with a bowl game imminent, 35,000 Husker fans will spend money and travel to Indy or Chicago for a CCG?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want Indy, by the way, if we're doing neutral sites. Indy would be great, especially if we're all worried about the cold. The big hotels are all right there close by, but it's not going to cost you too much to bus or drive in from hotels further out because the new stadium still has good parking. Great convention center so the conference could just generally host a big event, with autograph signings from former players and things like that. Honestly, Lucas Oil stadium is where it's at. As much as it makes me puke to post something other than Lambeau....

2774099367_b5950093d2.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, with a bowl game imminent, 35,000 Husker fans will spend money and travel to Indy or Chicago for a CCG?

Yes. Nebraska fans travel well..

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could always watch some Roller Derby after you get in on Friday night? lmao

Both are just about the same, if not shorter, distance as it would be to travel to Texas and we saw how that turned out.

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lambeau would be awesome just to be able to say that ive been there, but from what ive heard indy would simply b an amzing place to go to, the stadium is perfect for the size and crowd that would be there!

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lambeau would be awesome just to be able to say that ive been there, but from what ive heard indy would simply b an amzing place to go to, the stadium is perfect for the size and crowd that would be there!

I never imagined I would hear anyplace in indiana is an amazing place to visit. Then again I've only driven through indy so I can't say it isn't a great place.