• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How happy would you be if this scenario took place

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's now being rumored that they won't tag him. Of course, he also reportedly turned down a 3 year, 30M contract. That's ridiculous.

He probably wants to sign with a winning team, and thats not us. :gaah:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Saffold wants to get paid. The $$ is at the tackle position not guard. He wont get that here. Jacob is too naïve to see this. So far he is listed as being one of the best tackles on the FA market. He will most likely sign with a team to a nice contract and we will be left searching for something of lessor value. This will only hurt our run game. If our management were interested in winning they would have tried re-signing him by now. All other teams are trying to get their guys under contract now before FA starts. We are sitting on our hands doing nothing right now. Saffold is as good as gone.

I see him listed in many different spots on different forums or articles. It depends on who's talking about him. Obviously he's going to have question marks around him because of his health which is going to affect the money he makes when he does sign a contract with whatever team he decides to go with. Teams do more homework on players than we do especially if they're going to spending millions on dollars on them. However, I know there's a team out there that always overpays (**cough miami**), and LT is a position of need for a lot of NFL teams. You said he'd rather get paid like a tackle.......Ok so how much different is the money going to be for an OK/average tackle that gets injured often, or an elite guard that a desperate team needs? Seems like a push to me.