• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How happy would you be if this scenario took place

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how excited will everyone be when the regular season starts and our #2 overall is playing Guard?

First of all, I think you and I both know that there is a VERY slim chance that we do not find a dance partner to move out of #2, whether it be Atlanta,Tampa or Oakland.

Secondly, As good as Barksdale looked at RT for part of last season, if you think he is a better option long term than Robinson (or Matthews or Lewan or even Zack Martin for that matter) you are not thinking straight. I could easily see Barksdale being the one who moves inside and being VERY effective. Bottom line it looks like Fisher wants to keep Dahl but not Wells so the line would look something like this: Long,Dahl,Jones,Barksdale,Robinson
Or if Long is not ready to start, then Barksdale can start the season at LT and Robinson at RT. Either way, Robinson is getting drafted to play OT.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how excited will everyone be when the regular season starts and our #2 overall is playing Guard?

Yes it sucks but if you lose Saffold, Dahl, Wells our Oline is in deep shit. Enless they go get someone in FA they will have too. He will play tackle if needed. Hopefully we can trade back to get the extra second rd pick. Robinson & Jackson at Guards would be pretty badass.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, I think you and I both know that there is a VERY slim chance that we do not find a dance partner to move out of #2, whether it be Atlanta,Tampa or Oakland.

Secondly, As good as Barksdale looked at RT for part of last season, if you think he is a better option long term than Robinson (or Matthews or Lewan or even Zack Martin for that matter) you are not thinking straight. I could easily see Barksdale being the one who moves inside and being VERY effective. Bottom line it looks like Fisher wants to keep Dahl but not Wells so the line would look something like this: Long,Dahl,Jones,Barksdale,Robinson
Or if Long is not ready to start, then Barksdale can start the season at LT and Robinson at RT. Either way, Robinson is getting drafted to play OT.
I agree with much of this. I think there is a trade down involved but it very well could be to #3 or #4.

There is just no proof that Robinson can play tackle. I guess we just have to hope that the scouts know what they are doing.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, Jim Thomas said earlier in the season that they tried moving Barksdale inside when Dahl got hurt and he looked awful in practice. So he wont be moving. I find it hard to believe you draft someone to play RT 2nd overall in the draft. I don't like it. If you're picking 2nd overall for a tackle he better be Jake Long status or Orlando Pace. I think teams reach with LT's in the draft and they end up being average players in the NFL. If anything we get Zack Martin to play guard or Lewan to play RT @ 13 or so. I also think Barksdale earned his spot playing RT. He was a top 7 RT in the league last year. Go look it up. And when saffold came in @ guard he was even better. Soooo :gaah:

You are right about one thing tho, we are in a bit of a pinch with Jake Long going down last season. However, i think he'll be ok by training camp. hopefully

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it sucks but if you lose Saffold, Dahl, Wells our Oline is in deep shit. Enless they go get someone in FA they will have too. He will play tackle if needed. Hopefully we can trade back to get the extra second rd pick. Robinson & Jackson at Guards would be pretty badass.

which is why saffold is a major priority right now.

I think we retain Dahl tho. Probably rework his contract and release Wells. We have two capable Centers that can fill in for him in Jones and Barnes.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why saffold is a major priority right now.

I think we retain Dahl tho. Probably rework his contract and release Wells. We have two capable Centers that can fill in for him in Jones and Barnes.

The problem is Saffold probably doesn't even want to play guard he wants to play at left tackle. Also why would you pay Saffold that much money to play guard when you can draft Robinson

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Saffold probably doesn't even want to play guard he wants to play at left tackle. Also why would you pay Saffold that much money to play guard when you can draft Robinson

because Robinson is raw, very raw. And you know what we are completely over evaluating him now. How many times have we seen a raw player that has a high ceiling have a great combine and then go on to be a huge bust in the NFL? So lets take a step back on Robinson. He's going to be a project. A player that has huge potential but also huge potential to bust. Before the Combine about half of analysis and scouts were questioning his NFL readiness and now everyone has forgotten about it because he ran a good 40 time lol.
I too believe Robinson ultimately will be a better Guard than Tackle but if thats the case I don't want to take him 2nd overall because of how raw he is. I'd rather take Martin later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This probably is irrelevant to talk about but I really want to see Trey Millard in a Ram uniform. I'm not sure I've seen a fullback quite like him in college(That I've watched anyway). He'll be a 6th or 7th round guy but holy shit the guy is nothing short of really effing good at the FB position. Hell the guy can play hybrid as a tailback too. Have any of you ever watched him play? Do we need a fb?

It seems the Rams always need a FB, so maybe he'd be someone to take a look at. Where did he play?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, Saffold wants to get paid. The $$ is at the tackle position not guard. He wont get that here. Jacob is too naïve to see this. So far he is listed as being one of the best tackles on the FA market. He will most likely sign with a team to a nice contract and we will be left searching for something of lessor value. This will only hurt our run game. If our management were interested in winning they would have tried re-signing him by now. All other teams are trying to get their guys under contract now before FA starts. We are sitting on our hands doing nothing right now. Saffold is as good as gone.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who is desperate for an OT (Miami,Carolina) will waaaay overpay for Saffold. We NEED to plan for this season without him being here and draft accordingly. If he somehow resigns with us, BONUS.
In addition, now that we have an extra 10 million to play with and seeing as Fisher wants Dahl and Wells here, they will not be cut.
With the availability of new funds, what we do in round 1 will depend on whether or not Snead goes out and signs Jarius Bryd. If he is a Ram before the draft, then my gut says Sammy Watkins is the pick with the early pick, unless we trade down to a point where he is gone. Then we look at Lewan or Martin with the pick at #13, or maybe even trade down a few slots and still get Martin.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets just hope they can trade back.. hopefully twice. if we can land that 26 pick we could probably get our impact players say at 4 and 13 and then trade up from 26 to get Martin if he's still their around 20. That would be perfect because he can play guard or tackle like Saffold…... Watkins, Pryor, Martin In the first would be nice. I would give up a 3rd rd pick for that. even though i still would take Mack at 4 lol Watkins is tempting

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack & Pryor. Seriously that transforms our D into Legion of KABOOM!!

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems the Rams always need a FB, so maybe he'd be someone to take a look at. Where did he play?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2hNyOwMmI]Trey Millard - YouTube[/ame]

He was the team captain at Oklahoma this year. He reminds me of Mike Alstott who played at Tampa years back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we bring this stud into the Rams fold! You're right, he reminds me too of Alstott!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Jim Thomas said earlier in the season that they tried moving Barksdale inside when Dahl got hurt and he looked awful in practice. So he wont be moving. I find it hard to believe you draft someone to play RT 2nd overall in the draft. I don't like it. If you're picking 2nd overall for a tackle he better be Jake Long status or Orlando Pace. I think teams reach with LT's in the draft and they end up being average players in the NFL. If anything we get Zack Martin to play guard or Lewan to play RT @ 13 or so. I also think Barksdale earned his spot playing RT. He was a top 7 RT in the league last year. Go look it up. And when saffold came in @ guard he was even better. Soooo :gaah:

You are right about one thing tho, we are in a bit of a pinch with Jake Long going down last season. However, i think he'll be ok by training camp. hopefully

Problem is, Long now has a history of injuries. You know that once injuries start piling up players just seem to be more susceptible to them. Hope you're right, that would put out one fire for this team, but realistically I don't see Jake Long being above average if he does return. In proportion, most likely won't be worth the salary he's currently under.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who is desperate for an OT (Miami,Carolina) will waaaay overpay for Saffold. We NEED to plan for this season without him being here and draft accordingly. If he somehow resigns with us, BONUS.
In addition, now that we have an extra 10 million to play with and seeing as Fisher wants Dahl and Wells here, they will not be cut.
With the availability of new funds, what we do in round 1 will depend on whether or not Snead goes out and signs Jarius Bryd. If he is a Ram before the draft, then my gut says Sammy Watkins is the pick with the early pick, unless we trade down to a point where he is gone. Then we look at Lewan or Martin with the pick at #13, or maybe even trade down a few slots and still get Martin.

Bills are expected to tag Byrd if a contract isn't worked out in time, at which point they will continue to work on a long term contract. There is very little chance that the Rams can just sign away Byrd.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I am not mistaken, he needs to either be tagged or signed by end of business today... so we shall see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I am not mistaken, he needs to either be tagged or signed by end of business today... so we shall see.

Yep, it's now being rumored that they won't tag him. Of course, he also reportedly turned down a 3 year, 30M contract. That's ridiculous.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's now being rumored that they won't tag him. Of course, he also reportedly turned down a 3 year, 30M contract. That's ridiculous.

the weather must have been a deal breaker for him