• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How does your perception of the Skins change with a win/loss this weekend?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question being discussed on 980 today. How do y'all feel?

My take:

Reality is IF the skins win this weekend by shutting down the Eagles O with a strong Pass Rush and good D, even with an average performance by KC, I'm going to be way more optimistic about the win potential for this team. If Capt Kirk plays well...I'll be even more optimistic.

Now if we lose badly....:L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAli.... lets be honest here. Even if we steamroll the Eagles, the line will be... what was wrong with the Eagles, not whats right with Washington. For my perception to change, we need to string together a few wins against teams that are currently considered good.

Right now I think we are average.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat the Eagles at their home, that is making a statement that we have the potential to beat anyone. IF we lose, it just depends on how. If its a blowout, then we go back to the same old position we have been in for the last year. If we are competitive but lose a tight one, that is also making a statement.

If KC can put two good games in a row together, I for one will feel better. I still expect him to be a roller coaster over the next 4 or 5 games. Some good, some not so good. He is a young QB and that's just what they do as there are still things defenses will throw at him that he just hasn't seen. But if he continues to make the same mistakes game in and game out (remember john beck????) then we need RG3 back ASAP.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAli.... lets be honest here. Even if we steamroll the Eagles, the line will be... what was wrong with the Eagles, not whats right with Washington. For my perception to change, we need to string together a few wins against teams that are currently considered good.

Right now I think we are average.

I don't buy that. I think if we win, it makes us for real and gives us both confidence and recognition. If we lose, it will just be more of "They're the Redskins, what did you expect"

This is a pivotal game. Win, and we're in great shape, not to mention first place in the division. Lose, and we'll be searching for confidence for the rest of the season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the fact that the Redskins were 0-6 in the division last year & terrible overall and 5-1 in the division the previous season & made the playoffs games like this are huge.

Divisional games go a long way in determining overall success.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question being discussed on 980 today. How do y'all feel?

My take:

Reality is IF the skins win this weekend by shutting down the Eagles O with a strong Pass Rush and good D, even with an average performance by KC, I'm going to be way more optimistic about the win potential for this team. If Capt Kirk plays well...I'll be even more optimistic.

Now if we lose badly....:L

This^^^^^^

All the good vibes that have been discussed this week about the team, whether I agree with them or not, will be pretty much burned down to the ground if we lose in a bad way.

Some or all of the good vibes that have been discussed this week about the team that I disagree with. Will be revisited accordingly depending on a good defensive outing/average Cousins play. Good defensive outing/good Cousins play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is Philly the best team in the division right now they are 2nd only to Seattle in the entire NFC. To beat them on the road would be a huge win and sets up all kinds of possibilities. A loss would not have nearly the same effect because it's pretty much expected.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win could change the whole mindset

a loss wouldnt be a damaging to me no matter how bad , (the nation on the other hand is another issue )

i had us losing this game at the beginning of the season

i dont think we have enough d/line depth to keep the pressure up. before we had cofield and golston

now we are down to gaethers and kearse

now if we had cofeild and bowen (which we could have later on ) then now perhaps we are talking

i think we have great depth at OLb with rak kerrigan and murphy i think at ILB we have good people there with riley and robinson

and with merriweather back i think we have a rotation in the backfield

i just think in the 4th quarter when we need it our d/line will be gassed

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Natives win, it TOTALLY changes my perception of this team. They will be a force to win the division which I believe (at this time) the Birds OWN.

ANY team however from the NFC EAST , does not match-up against the top teams in the NFC. (and yes, Seattle at 1-1 is a top gun.., Zona, SF....even NO is better at 0-2 than any NFC EAST team IMO....)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate then there is no way Arizona and NO are better. SF may be in a few weeks but they sure aren't there now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, each season there is at least one team that rises from worse to first or close to it. It is possible that this team will be that or among those teams. Until there is some season to season consistency there is really no basis to broaden my outlook for this team. Two years in building a squad that wins more than it loses makes the third year "THAT" year! Hopefully this season is the foundation one, the next the challenging one, and the third the Lombardi or bust one. Winning one prior to that is just riding the Khornheiser bus redux!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until there is some season to season consistency there is really no basis to broaden my outlook for this team.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I don't care if the Skins go 13-3 this year.......unless they win the Super Bowl in doing so.....My overall hope and outlook that the Skins are finally on the right path will change very little. Till they have two successful and consistent seasons in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this team can definetly compete and win this game.....When they win.....It will reaffirm to me, that we have a much improved team.....

If we lose BIG, then I will think that we arent as improved, if we lose a close one...my perception doesnt change......

St is So much better this year, and we have a Decent Punter too...Roberts is so much better then who we had back there last year...I honestly believe that we get at least 1 return for 6 this year!!!!

Defensively, yes we are missing some key guys, but we have a better team defensivly right now with the players we dont have then we had last year......Hatcher was a HUGE get......merriweather back and Rambo gone is a BIG upgrade....Now Brandon...Hit their Knees everytime....it is what the NFL wants, and if guys get their knees blown out.....Oh well....It is what the NFL wants him to do......and I love how Amerson is playing and Breeland can definaelty play

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game could determine if we are a pretender or contender for the division

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is huge. The Eagles are favored to win the division in a landslide. If we beat them, doesn't that automatically put us into consideration as the new favorite to win the division because NY and DAL aren't impressive at all.

A loss is not a big deal. There are plenty of built in excuses and the expectations for this team are fairly low anyways.