• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you activate Windows before you can personalized your computer for Windows 10

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I go to the settings and I click account thing and it says in blue Activate Windows now. So I click on it and it says in red Windows reported that no product key was found on your device Error code: 0xC004F213 and if you're having problems activating select troubleshoot to try to fix the problem. Well I did that and it says We wern't able to activate on this device. So I don't know what I did wrong and they never sent an e-mail about the product key and I can't do any thing in Microsoft Store and I don't think skipped steps when installing it. This is a new Dell laptop notebook computer.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's brand new your best bet is product support.

That error happens when there isn't any prior license token on that installation. Most of Dell's units come with a license preset. We have never had to use a code on any of the models we work with.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this "new" PC isn't a refurb.

What does your laptop settings say that your Windows version is? I have heard about people purchasing Pro and ending up with Enterprise, which is only intended to be used under volume licensing agreements and not available for retail purchase. If it says Enterprise, then it cannot be activated on your own.

As WizHawk said... Best bet is to contact product support. Dell has an atrocious support system, but once they get access they can have it fixed with ease.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does your laptop settings say that your Windows version is? I have heard about people purchasing Pro and ending up with Enterprise, which is only intended to be used under volume licensing agreements and not available for retail purchase. If it says Enterprise, then it cannot be activated on your own.

As WizHawk said... Best bet is to contact product support. Dell has an atrocious support system, but once they get access they can have it fixed with ease.
Not quite true. Enterprise can be purchased on ebay with a license for like 5 to 10 dollars.
I'm using it now on a dell laptop and what's good about it is it doesn't have all the phone home crap like 10 pro.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite true. Enterprise can be purchased on ebay with a license for like 5 to 10 dollars.
I'm using it now on a dell laptop and what's good about it is it doesn't have all the phone home crap like 10 pro.
Interesting... Didn't know that, but makes sense.

I guess there is still the possibility of a license conflict, to which I was talkin about. If the purchased license is Pro, and he somehow got Enterprise then it won't validate. At least that's what I've heard has happened.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windows 10 Home Edition

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... Didn't know that, but makes sense.

I guess there is still the possibility of a license conflict, to which I was talkin about. If the purchased license is Pro, and he somehow got Enterprise then it won't validate. At least that's what I've heard has happened.
Granted. A pro license is different from an enterprise license.

Heck go to youtube and search 10 enterprise. Lotta info.