• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did the WR position Get This way??

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly hope they figure it out before the Patriots start playing real teams in Week 4. Otherwise the Patriots are in serious trouble

I'm already pretty much writing off the Falcons game as a L. Just win the division and hope to win some road games in the playoffs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about BB just steps backs a bit and just coaches instead of trying to be GM as well? Would that help?

We have no access to anyone who would not be a significant downgrade.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did BB truly think Welker wasn't going to put up the numbers this year and was older? Did he really think DA would be healthy the entire season? One has to think there were better options out there?!? No?

Go back through the archives, Danny Amendola was not signed to replace Welker, Amendola was signed to replace Lloyd.
Welker was made a fair offer and his agent convinced him to go to Denver who had made a slightly higher offer. With selling a house buying a house, relocating the family...And his agents cut, Welker is no better off...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already pretty much writing off the Falcons game as a L. Just win the division and hope to win some road games in the playoffs.

Yeah I am as well. IF the first two games the offense did better I wouldn't be so sure they would lose but nothing gives me too much hope they will win, except MAYBE Gronk will be back

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about BB just steps backs a bit and just coaches instead of trying to be GM as well? Would that help?

I don't think it would. I think when the Jets fire Rex Ryan we should hire him ASAP as the D-Coordinator., get rid of Patrice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also am shaking my head as to how these guys looked pretty darn good in the pre-season and not right now during the season. Is it too fast for them?
Preseason is all vanilla,itd easier to look better when it doesn't matter.i am hopeful these recievers will be ok BB needs to get a better scouting dept.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to be nice not mean... I just dont jnow the whole situation.... was d.a. a slot receiver or deep threat with his other team because all I ever kept hearing and seeing is amendola was for welker on espn and nfl.com. its just a complete mess imo cause welker gave the Patriots the right to up the offer and bb said no and that was part of the reason he was benched early in 2012... and... why get rid of lloyd? He was pretty amazing at making crazy catches and was all over the field. Denver only got rid of lloyd because they had decker and thomas and others... if I am wrong about anything let ke know in a nice way as I have been nice but letting Welker go to Denver and manning with thomas and decker with a crazy good defense to go with em... I dont get it and pats fans seemed pissed at the time but defensive about it now... amendola was and is just too injury prone

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to be nice not mean... I just dont jnow the whole situation.... was d.a. a slot receiver or deep threat with his other team because all I ever kept hearing and seeing is amendola was for welker on espn and nfl.com. its just a complete mess imo cause welker gave the Patriots the right to up the offer and bb said no and that was part of the reason he was benched early in 2012... and... why get rid of lloyd? He was pretty amazing at making crazy catches and was all over the field. Denver only got rid of lloyd because they had decker and thomas and others... if I am wrong about anything let ke know in a nice way as I have been nice but letting Welker go to Denver and manning with thomas and decker with a crazy good defense to go with em... I dont get it and pats fans seemed pissed at the time but defensive about it now... amendola was and is just too injury prone

Amendola is faster than Welker, has much better hands (Wes was perennially one of the league leaders in drops with the Pats) and a bit more of a deep threat (maybe intermediate threat would be a better term for it, though). Welker runs crisper routes and is essentially uncoverable through the first 10 yards of the field, with very good YAC. Injuries happen; even Welker blew out an ACL while with the Pats, remember. Timing is a lot, but .shrug.

Lloyd was a locker room distraction, and has since retired after declining an offer from the Patriots.

Welker is gone for two reasons, really. First, because when he realized how little he was going to be paid, it was easier for him to take that pay from a new organization than from one he'd posted historic numbers with. Second, because he pretty much hates Bill Belichick.

And don't forget that it wouldn't look half this bad if Hernandez and Gronkowski were around.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You remind me of a troll from the 4letter board named grim reaper.....but as long as you are being nice....
1) Welker's value, though diminished by very untimely drops and leading the league in drops, was not the issue.
Welker wanted to go and took an offer and ran before negotions with NE were complete. We know you love him in Denver - we loved him here. However, an offense based on Welker left, welker right, Welker in the slot, is not going far in the playoffs.
2) Lloyd? Lloyd was not a loss.
3) Denver's "crazy good defense?" You've given up an average of 25 points per game.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South
I can assure u that I am not a troll. See my posts on aldon smith arrested again on 9ers board. All very kind... thank u all for your definitions and I appreciate them as I dont know the whole situation with the Pats... when I say good defense what I meant was denver shuts em down When they vet their shit going in a game lot... tops in the league in run defense and and when u score 45 points a game the teams are going to give up yards and points in garbage time. We all know that... Pats will vet much stronger with gronk back soon. He is a beast

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grim, the main reason Lloyd is gone has to do with his YAC (yards after catch) and his general locker room demeanor. It is true that he caught most of the balls thrown to him but he seldom picked up extra yards, even when there was room to easily do so. And, reportedly, he was a loner in the locker room and quite often referred to himself in the third person during interviews. The proof of his value in the eyes of other NFL teams comes in the fact that he is still a free agent. As for Welker, BB set a price range for his services, as he is wont to do, and never really budged much beyond that range. The Pats have lost some solid older players that way in the past (Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel and Lawyer Milloy come readily to mind). As for the current crop of WR's, Hernandez's situation was obviously not figured into the equation. In retrospect, I wish BB had re signed someone like Deion Branch to act as a bridge to the "new era" receivers. He and Brady have/had an almost uncanny rapport and, even though he has lost a step or two, Branch could be a very reliable slot type receiver who could occasionally break off a long one. IMO, if the Pats' offense can muddle through until Gronk is back in the lineup, I look for the young WR's to pick up the pace.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the good info ohio....

espn and others just dont report like fans do