• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOW BOUT THEM BUFFS

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cautious optimisim."
To be clear, @DJ I am not talking about you. Of course we all welcome you here because we can argue football intelligently. We all question your taste, but that’s a different story!

I’m actually responding to the general narratives about TCU. It’s not the same team. Last year was a fluke. And on and on it goes.

There’s a lot of excuse making going around and without the full context of just how bad Colorado was last year those narratives maybe make sense. With that additional context they’re all rendered entirely flaccid.

But again, I’m not calling you out personally. :suds:

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, @DJ I am not talking about you. Of course we all welcome you here because we can argue football intelligently. We all question your taste, but that’s a different story!

I’m actually responding to the general narratives about TCU. It’s not the same team. Last year was a fluke. And on and on it goes.

There’s a lot of excise making going around and without the full context of just how bad Colorado was last year those narratives maybe make sense. With that additional context they’re all rendered entirely flaccid.

But again, I’m not calling you out personally. :suds:
Ok.

The chide part got me. I did not think I was doing that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Deion a lot.....and I hope he gets them back to where they are respectable.

The game vs Nebraska could go either way. That is a better test for them IMO because TCU is nowhere close to being the team they were last season. Nebraska played a tough Minnesota team tight and should have won that game honestly. Minny will go 7-5 or 8-4 (tough schedule but I love Fleck there) while I expect TCU to go 6-6, maybe 5-7. So even if you guys lose to Nebraska, 2-1 should be worst case before Pac play starts......since Colorado shouild blow out Colorado State.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like our chances against Nebraska. Home opener against an old historic rival. Folsom will be at full capacity. It’ll be raucous as it’s ever been.

And after yesterday, this team probably has some belief in themselves.

The front of that defense is definitely cause for concern, but I do really like our chances to beat the Huskers this week at home.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great college football game and congrats to Colorado. Enjoyed watching Prime on the sidelines. His kid looked all world.

Good Luck

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs as of today are a dangerous team. I can easily see them beating a team like the Longhorns or other top 15 teams if they don't play their A game. As a coach, I'd hate playing a team like this the most. At least with Georgia or Bama you know what they're about. Buffs you really just don't know.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things I looked for in the CU game was the execution. For a thrown together team - the execution - blocking - tackling - pursuit - ball placement -- was at a high level - especially for a 1st game.

The coaching is top level - as you can tell from the execution. I don't think TCU was a bad team (lacking only the Duggan intangible) CU was a good team. The Buffs will get better as the season goes on. They are light in the pants in the defensive front, but they also didn't perform their DT jobs - they over tried. This is correctable - plus the Buffs added Juwan Mitchell at MLB and he weighs in at 235 lbs - he will help in stopping the run.

The best part is they are fun to watch play.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things I looked for in the CU game was the execution. For a thrown together team - the execution - blocking - tackling - pursuit - ball placement -- was at a high level - especially for a 1st game.

The coaching is top level - as you can tell from the execution. I don't think TCU was a bad team (lacking only the Duggan intangible) CU was a good team. The Buffs will get better as the season goes on. They are light in the pants in the defensive front, but they also didn't perform their DT jobs - they over tried. This is correctable - plus the Buffs added Juwan Mitchell at MLB and he weighs in at 235 lbs - he will help in stopping the run.

The best part is they are fun to watch play.
CU and TCU are the top 2 schools with most turnover. Neb will be a test because the mobility and speed of their QB. CU is light and looked slow upfront. I agree with Carl lighten up on the usage of Hunter I think he'd make even more plays if they did. What most outsiders don't think about with my reaction in this thread over yesterday. Buff fans/who also are Bronco fans had to suffer through really awful O play that tested diehards to the max. So seeing our team move ball make plays. Its 3rd and 16 we throw ball 20 yds instead of throwing it 1 yd hoping we get 15 more that never works. I've been through MANY eras of Buff football. Bill Mallory was the coolest HC I ever encountered in my life. He had Mingo SS DC Carl type class in one person never forgot it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be thankful you don't play Iowa. We could hang 17 on you!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be thankful you don't play Iowa. We could hang 17 on you!
And that doesn’t fit the mandate of averaging 24 points per game for Ferentz Jr to retain his job,

;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go buffs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like all my College teams other than Iowa are going to suck ....maybe Arkansas will be decent who knows with them ...There QB is going in the first round in the NFL draft. But I love the Mountain west teams especially Boise State and they are at bet so so this year.

So it is nice seeing the Buffs win going out the gate I will be rooting for them this year.