• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOW BOUT THEM BUFFS

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats but it,s only one game,not the national championship.

What makes you think he thought it was the national championship?

Let the guy be excited. I know this isn't TCU of last year but they just beat the national championship runner up on the road, week 1. Colorado has been brutally pathetic for awhile now. (sprinked in with some average years) let the man be happy and celebrate!

You don't have to tell him it is one game he clearly knows that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get destroyed next week by Nebraska! (My wife made me type that since she is from Nebraska)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will get destroyed next week by Nebraska! (My wife made me type that since she is from Nebraska)
Tell her she's OFF my XMAS list :D My relatives were from Omaha (So I know all about Big Red and lighted Big Red toilet seats).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell her she's OFF my XMAS list :D My relatives were from Omaha (So I know all about Big Red and lighted Big Red toilet seats).

She honestly doesn't care about the Huskers a whole lot. Her mom and dad scheduled their wedding around a Husker game only to have the game time moved so that the game was in the middle of their wedding. People skipped the wedding for the Huskers game and her mom has cussed that team ever since and tried to get her kids to do the same even though her parents both graduated from NU.

I am excited though to see Colorado relevant again. I'm always shocked that they have such trouble getting top recruits as it is a cool campus and who wouldn't want to spend their time hanging out in the mountains during the offseason? Hopefully Prime lives up to his promise and sticks around for a bit. Also hoping next recruiting cycle he focused more on the DL. Secondary looks good, but the run/pass rush was not pretty.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She honestly doesn't care about the Huskers a whole lot. Her mom and dad scheduled their wedding around a Husker game only to have the game time moved so that the game was in the middle of their wedding. People skipped the wedding for the Huskers game and her mom has cussed that team ever since and tried to get her kids to do the same even though her parents both graduated from NU.

I am excited though to see Colorado relevant again. I'm always shocked that they have such trouble getting top recruits as it is a cool campus and who wouldn't want to spend their time hanging out in the mountains during the offseason? Hopefully Prime lives up to his promise and sticks around for a bit. Also hoping next recruiting cycle he focused more on the DL. Secondary looks good, but the run/pass rush was not pretty.
I just had to give her a hard time is all. The D trenches need work I hope Prime stays 3 yrs at least. I expect alot of 35-30 plus games

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to watch more of them, though I don't as yet trust them. But time will tell.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to watch more of them, though I don't as yet trust them. But time will tell.
Trenches are suspect. Neb speed will test buffs weak front 7

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question for the season to me is can Travis Hunter keep up this pace? I know he is a huge weapon on offense, but I think it is a disservice to the kid to keep running him around like that every single week. Big games I can see giving him some extra snaps, but otherwise I would pick and choose the moments to put him on offense.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question for the season to me is can Travis Hunter keep up this pace? I know he is a huge weapon on offense, but I think it is a disservice to the kid to keep running him around like that every single week. Big games I can see giving him some extra snaps, but otherwise I would pick and choose the moments to put him on offense.
100% agree

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrilled about the win. I was thrilled when they brought in Coach Prime. This program was once respectable and that hasn't been the case in years. I figured Prime could change that. I also figured it would take him a season to transition and that is probably still going to be the case. I counted a 5-7 record for this season but yesterday's game was one I chalked up as a loss. If Prime gets a 1-11 team from last year to 6 wins and a bowl game that would be a wildly successful first season for Colorado.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is going nuts in a sports group on FB....but it's just 1 game and here is the thing.....this isn't the same TCU team from last season. Only 10 starters combined (on offense and defense) returning from that squad.....it's a nice story because TCU came into the season ranked 17th but preseason rankings do not mean much.....and TCU was a 20.5 point fave......

Congrats but we won't know much till the first few Pac games between Oregon and USC since the next 2 preseason games are Nebraska and Colorado State. They should be 3-0 heading into the Pac. I would advise cautious optimisim.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is going nuts in a sports group on FB....but it's just 1 game and here is the thing.....this isn't the same TCU team from last season. Only 10 starters combined (on offense and defense) returning from that squad.....it's a nice story because TCU came into the season ranked 17th but preseason rankings do not mean much.....and TCU was a 20.5 point fave......

Congrats but we won't know much till the first few Pac games between Oregon and USC since the next 2 preseason games are Nebraska and Colorado State. They should be 3-0 heading into the Pac. I would advise cautious optimisim.
I think everyone already realizes this. In fact, it has been discussed in this thread. Nobody is saying Colorado is ready to take on Alabama or Georgia or any of the SEC heavyweights. People are just excited to see at team that got utterly demolished in most of its losses last year go on the road against a ranked team and win. We all saw a defense that needs a lot of work up front. We saw 42 points by the opponent. But we also saw over 500 passing yards and 45 points, whereas last year the Buffs put up 20 or more points only 4 times. They scored 10 or less 5 times. They scored almost as many points yesterday as they combined for in their first 4 games last season, with that number being 47.

So yeah, nobody is proclaiming them national champs yet. But only a football illiterat would deny this is a massive upset. Only an idiot would chide a fanbase for being excited over this win.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone already realizes this. In fact, it has been discussed in this thread. Nobody is saying Colorado is ready to take on Alabama or Georgia or any of the SEC heavyweights. People are just excited to see at team that got utterly demolished in most of its losses last year go on the road against a ranked team and win. We all saw a defense that needs a lot of work up front. We saw 42 points by the opponent. But we also saw over 500 passing yards and 45 points, whereas last year the Buffs put up 20 or more points only 4 times. They scored 10 or less 5 times. They scored almost as many points yesterday as they combined for in their first 4 games last season, with that number being 47.

So yeah, nobody is proclaiming them national champs yet. But only a football illiterat would deny this is a massive upset. Only an idiot would chide a fanbase for being excited over this win.
"Cautious optimisim."