• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Board of Regents approves design of indoor practice facility

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting the facility designed and built is also significant, since Herman's buyout in his new contract is a function of getting those things done. That provision is telling, in my opinion, that Herman is committed to UH if the administration is committed to the program.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

No way Herman stays if he gets offered a P5 job at a major program. Don't be THAT GUY that won't believe reality in coaching.....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

No way Herman stays if he gets offered a P5 job at a major program. Don't be THAT GUY that won't believe reality in coaching.....

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually That Guy who knows what he can't possibly know.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the advice. I'm actually That Guy who knows what he can't possibly know.

Well, it looks like it will be a nice facility. But you're REALLY convinced Herman will turn down a USC, Texas, ND, tOSU level program to stay at Houston? :scratch:

Well, I kinda like watching Houston play, so I'll look forward to your season. Good luck, I'm guessing you guys are conference favorites.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like it will be a nice facility. But you're REALLY convinced Herman will turn down a USC, Texas, ND, tOSU level program to stay at Houston? :scratch:

Well, I kinda like watching Houston play, so I'll look forward to your season. Good luck, I'm guessing you guys are conference favorites.

Not at all. That's what I meant about "knowing what I can't possibly know". To me, however, the facts that Houston doubled his base salary, made the price of his buyout a function of progress on the new practice facility, and have now approved going forward with the design of that facility suggest that the administration will do what it can to keep Herman. I realize, of course, that it is possible that another school might make an offer he can't refuse, but I view it as favorable that both Hereman and the administration continue to make the Houston job increasingly attractive.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. That's what I meant about "knowing what I can't possibly know". To me, however, the facts that Houston doubled his base salary, made the price of his buyout a function of progress on the new practice facility, and have now approved going forward with the design of that facility suggest that the administration will do what it can to keep Herman. I realize, of course, that it is possible that another school might make an offer he can't refuse, but I view it as favorable that both Hereman and the administration continue to make the Houston job increasingly attractive.

Your damn right on that point......Houston is STEPPING UP. Whether he stays or not, investing in the program will pay off.

Especially given the local talent. If the school can actually keep those guys there, who knows what you can build

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting something a lot of other schools have had for years. :suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it's a fine line between that and Baghdad Bob.

Not a big fan of any of the three. Guess I'd rank order them: OD > Rumsfeld > Baghdad Bob.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of any of the three. Guess I'd rank order them: OD > Rumsfeld > Baghdad Bob.

I dunno, Baghdad Bob was some funny shit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Baghdad Bob was some funny shit.

All three have had their comedic moments. Guess I give the nod to OD, since his come when he is trying to be funny -- I think.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Houston. Taking all the right steps to get a P5 invite. Hope they can somehow keep Herman until Meyer retires (or has health issues depending on who you talk to) :suds:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Houston fans better cheer on Texas and aTm to win a lot of games this season.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting the facility designed and built is also significant, since Herman's buyout in his new contract is a function of getting those things done. That provision is telling, in my opinion, that Herman is committed to UH if the administration is committed to the program.

There's no way Herman stays. I just don't see it as a realistic possibility. The best you can hope for is that he makes it good enough that when he does leave someone of significance wants his spot.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Houston fans better cheer on Texas and aTm to win a lot of games this season.
Herman wouldn't come to CS even if we went 0-12 and ran Sumlin off and offered a kings ransom. He might go to tu. Right now Houston is throwing money in the right direction trying to make the jump that half the other teams made when the SWC fell apart.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman wouldn't come to CS even if we went 0-12 and ran Sumlin off and offered a kings ransom. He might go to tu. Right now Houston is throwing money in the right direction trying to make the jump that half the other teams made when the SWC fell apart.

Why do you think Herman wouldn't look at the a&m job?