• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hopefully Burrow can change Ohio

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Burrow fan. Good for him for speaking up. He's a class act.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn.

All I care about with Burrow is his ability to throw a ball. The rest....meh.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Burrow stated he does not agree with abortion, only if there are circumstances that warrant it. ince$t, r*pe, mother's life at risk.

If you want to have an abortion to just get rid of a baby you didn't want, he thinks you can pound sand.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Burrow stated he does not agree with abortion, only if there are circumstances that warrant it. ince$t, r*pe, mother's life at risk.

If you want to have an abortion to just get rid of a baby you didn't want, he thinks you can pound sand.
I don't want to get too far off the beaten path politically - but there's just an insane amount of misinformation regarding this topic.

Things like "Women can't have abortions if they are ectopic" - which is patently false. No pro-life law prevents this, and it is recognized by all medical laws as an unsafe situation as the baby is conceived outside of any habitable form inside the mother.

Miscarriages are not considered abortions.

Several states that have had trigger laws even include situations for risk of health to the mother, r*pe and ince$t - so these procedures are still carried out.

Other medical treatment that could result in an unborn child's death are not banned (such as mother has cancer and needs Chemo - the mother can elect to either receive treatment, or forgo treatment, but it is her choice).

Necessary early delivery is also not considered an abortion - where the baby has no chance of surviving - and is not prevented by law.

In fact, it is very interesting to find that many OBGYN's and other Providers are coming forward to dispel these myths stating that - there's almost never a time an abortion is medically necessary - there are medical procedures to separate the mother and baby in these instances to work to save both lives. Dr. Levatino, who has performed over 1200 abortions, has stated that we are often told "Late term abortions are needed to save a woman's life - when nothing could be further from the truth". In his case, on a staff designated to specifically treat the highest of the high risk pregnancies (Albany Medical Center, NY) - and that the number of babies he had to abort to "save" the mother's life was zero in his 9 years of being on staff.

Anyway - as it pertains to Joey B - and really any athlete/entertainer - he's free to believe whatever he wants, as we all are. But, when it comes to my sports, music, and other venues, I see them as entertainment and I don't want those intertwined with my day to day realities of life. Life is already hard enough - I just want to be able to enjoy watching a game without having to hear about someone's personal stances.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not what Burrow said at all.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get too far off the beaten path politically - but there's just an insane amount of misinformation regarding this topic.

Things like "Women can't have abortions if they are ectopic" - which is patently false. No pro-life law prevents this, and it is recognized by all medical laws as an unsafe situation as the baby is conceived outside of any habitable form inside the mother.

Miscarriages are not considered abortions.

Several states that have had trigger laws even include situations for risk of health to the mother, r*pe and ince$t - so these procedures are still carried out.

Other medical treatment that could result in an unborn child's death are not banned (such as mother has cancer and needs Chemo - the mother can elect to either receive treatment, or forgo treatment, but it is her choice).

Necessary early delivery is also not considered an abortion - where the baby has no chance of surviving - and is not prevented by law.

In fact, it is very interesting to find that many OBGYN's and other Providers are coming forward to dispel these myths stating that - there's almost never a time an abortion is medically necessary - there are medical procedures to separate the mother and baby in these instances to work to save both lives. Dr. Levatino, who has performed over 1200 abortions, has stated that we are often told "Late term abortions are needed to save a woman's life - when nothing could be further from the truth". In his case, on a staff designated to specifically treat the highest of the high risk pregnancies (Albany Medical Center, NY) - and that the number of babies he had to abort to "save" the mother's life was zero in his 9 years of being on staff.

Anyway - as it pertains to Joey B - and really any athlete/entertainer - he's free to believe whatever he wants, as we all are. But, when it comes to my sports, music, and other venues, I see them as entertainment and I don't want those intertwined with my day to day realities of life. Life is already hard enough - I just want to be able to enjoy watching a game without having to hear about someone's personal stances.
Relevant to the discussion.... In the state of Ohio, there will be no exceptions for r*pe or ince$st.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not what Burrow said at all.
Actually it is. He said he does not believe in pro killing babies. What he believes in is the stated circumstances in which an abortion should be viewed as an option. Those circumstances he stated were dealing with r*pe, ince$t, risk of the mother or a baby potentially being born with no life sustainable organs. No where was he supporting harlot Harriet and her choosing abortion over responsibility for her actions.

Ps... The men should be 100% responsible too. Learn how to have safe sex, or deal with the consequences. Worried that contraception won't work, wait until you find the one you were meant to be with then.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what he said was a copy and paste message that's been going around.

I'm not concerned about it.

this abortion issue is driven by extremists on both sides and it affects common sense moderates because they can't shut up about it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is. He said he does not believe in pro killing babies. What he believes in is the stated circumstances in which an abortion should be viewed as an option. Those circumstances he stated were dealing with r*pe, ince$t, risk of the mother or a baby potentially being born with no life sustainable organs. No where was he supporting harlot Harriet and her choosing abortion over responsibility for her actions.

Ps... The men should be 100% responsible too. Learn how to have safe sex, or deal with the consequences. Worried that contraception won't work, wait until you find the one you were meant to be with then.
Listen, I don't want to get into semantics.... I think you are inferring too much by circumstances that Burrow left out in the post. Burrow is fairly calculated in how he uses words and how he states his position. I think it's a reach to say that he only favors abortion under the conditions in which he stipulates in an instagram post. That's my only point and it's probably not worth arguing about.

As for athletes and politics..... I think it's admirable that are public figures speak out when they have something to say. Our politicians are not an inspiring group - All bought and paid for by special interests. People outside of politics need to make their voices heard and those that have a platform should use it if they think it will inspire good. I always find it funny when the same people that talk about people being "cancelled" or people needing "safe spaces" because they can't handle difficult material turn around and complain when an athlete ruins their sunday safe-space of football. Burrow is a smart guy - Even when discussing guns, he never said he had the answers.... He said that he hopes are elected officials would do something that most Americans support.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I don't want to get into semantics.... I think you are inferring too much by circumstances that Burrow left out in the post. Burrow is fairly calculated in how he uses words and how he states his position. I think it's a reach to say that he only favors abortion under the conditions in which he stipulates in an instagram post. That's my only point and it's probably not worth arguing about.

As for athletes and politics..... I think it's admirable that are public figures speak out when they have something to say. Our politicians are not an inspiring group - All bought and paid for by special interests. People outside of politics need to make their voices heard and those that have a platform should use it if they think it will inspire good. I always find it funny when the same people that talk about people being "cancelled" or people needing "safe spaces" because they can't handle difficult material turn around and complain when an athlete ruins their sunday safe-space of football. Burrow is a smart guy - Even when discussing guns, he never said he had the answers.... He said that he hopes are elected officials would do something that most Americans support.
I get you and I am not going to debate the "semantics" with you as you could be correct. But if you take the re-post at face value, the amount of information that may have been left out could be massive, or it could be he meant exactly what he posted. I don't think people should praise him or cancel him based on his opinion. We are all entitled to our opinion, however, this re-post screams straddling the fence. You can't tell one way or the other which way he is leaning.

Burrow is a good kid/man. I think he has the best interest of people in mind, but some subjects, you just can't please everyone. While I think it is admirable to speak your mind when you are a public figure, I think if you are an athete, it is best not to alienate half your fan base. Tow the line either way. Too many extremists on both sides of the fence. Our country will be dragged down farther by the political party system. We need to abolish political parties, make everyone run on their own merit and force the masses into learning about candidates before voting instead of just towing the line. If everyone ran on their own merit and didn't have a party forcing them to convert to their thinking, maybe our politicians would be less corrupt and make better overall decisions for our populace.

I am now done talking about politics, because our government sucks ass, so I am hoping my Bengals do not.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relevant to the discussion.... In the state of Ohio, there will be no exceptions for r*pe or ince$st.
I think exceptions do need to made in certain cases. But I definitely do not agree with abortion just to get rid of a mistake. If a life is in danger, or a crime was committed in the making of a baby, then exceptions should be made as per r*pe or ince$t. At least that is my personal opinion.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On your second point - that's fine. Just not during games/practices - If you want to use your fame as a platform, I don't really have an issue for that - I just don't really want to see it on game day/concert day, etc...

I don't think it's about "safe" spaces, or being cancelled, and I don't think that is remotely the same. I think it's just about wanting separation so that we can enjoy what makes the athlete popular (being good at a sport) from ideology they support. Whether they agree or disagree, I think, is irrelevant, IMO. No one is looking for a "safe" space or to cancel the athlete for their beliefs - just asking for some separation, which I don't think is really asking a ton, IMO.

What made Burrow special? Football. Not this stances on anything. So, I watch him for football. That's what I want to see on Sunday. If he wants to hold pressers separate from football to talk about his religion, or abortion, or the kind of cars everyone should drive - fine. Again, no issue on that. I just don't see the need for intertwining it with the sole reason he's popular in the 1st place because if he sucked at football - none of this would be a topic of conversation anyway.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he should kneel during the national anthem or do the thinking man's pose on one knee after every touchdown.

oh wait, he can do whatever he wants, because he's actually a pro skilled player at this game.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Burrow fan. Good for him for speaking up. He's a class act.

For him being an uneducated looney toon?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he should kneel during the national anthem or do the thinking man's pose on one knee after every touchdown.

oh wait, he can do whatever he wants, because he's actually a pro skilled player at this game.
Sure. he's free to choose what he wants to do. He's not free from any of the following consequences, though...that seems to be the overriding them in today's society in general. Everyone thinks they can do whatever they want, and consequences be damned because it's "what they believe" or "their truth"...etc..etc...

So, talk about it, kneel, don't kneel, whatever...but the more political sports figures/teams get, the less I watch and how many games they win doesn't matter to me. When the whole Colin K/Knee thing was going on - I barely watched anything related to NFL for a few years. Once all of that finally passed, and the focus returned on just the games - I started watching more consistently again.

If players want to use game day as their platform for other issues outside of their sport - I'll simply go back to not watching - get my Sunday's back, and be just as happy as I was. Again - sports is just a reprieve from the daily grind - but it's not the only thing I enjoy doing...so, lots of other things that can fill my time up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For him being an uneducated looney toon?

He's uneducated, what makes you say that?

And how is he a looney tune?

If you respond your answer should be a doozy.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you idiots think abortion is about killing babies. you don't even bother to THINK it's about the most basic right of a person to make their own decisions
you guys have a ways to go, but don't stop trying. Burrow too smart for Ohio. He'll probably pull a carson palmer at some point, just to get out of the state

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's uneducated, what makes you say that?

And how is he a looney tune?

If you respond your answer should be a doozy.
All the quotes are ridiculous and show no basis in reality or law or fact

Especially one about the dude who killed himself

Dude couldn’t actually discuss any of the legal issues or anything he discussed or his ignorant comments would be even more wrong