• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Homo pener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was at the game today. horrible, just horrible. more energy from the few rays fans then the giants. wasn't even close to a sellout.

the new scoreboard is big, and raised so its now obstructed from my seats. the cool mini scoreboard in the left field upper deck that used to display pitch speed, #balls/strikes thrown, and pitch count has been replaced by a line score display that often doesn't agree with cf bigscreen.

draft beers only up .25$ to 14.75 so i guess that's a plus.

i don't understand the moves to get parra / pillar. i don't see either of them contributing down the road if/when the giants get competitive. the aren't going to make any significant difference to this year. just a coupla unexciting 30yr old placeholders

mm doesn't seemed to have improved

we will get 161 more games featuring bochy's retirement tour.

its gonna be a loooong season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was at the game today. horrible, just horrible. more energy from the few rays fans then the giants. wasn't even close to a sellout.

the new scoreboard is big, and raised so its now obstructed from my seats. the cool mini scoreboard in the left field upper deck that used to display pitch speed, #balls/strikes thrown, and pitch count has been replaced by a line score display that often doesn't agree with cf bigscreen.

i don't understand the moves to get parra / pillar. i don't see either of them contributing down the road if/when the giants get competitive. the aren't going to make any significant difference to this year. just a coupla unexciting 30yr old placeholders

161 more games of Bochy?

Are you expecting this team to make the playoffs?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serious question - Did you get to see Pillar put on any kind of defensive displays of greatness? I hear that he is amazing in the field. I know that one game won't necessarily show it but I am genuinely interested to know how he looked.