• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Home Field Disadvantage and More...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
3-4 at home and we have been absolutely crushed by the better teams. We have lost by more than 10 points against the Eagles, 49ers, and Cardinals. There is really no home crowd to speak of and even if we outnumber the other guys, then our crowd is still passive. At least Jerrah makes his money, but the Taj has not gotten it done or helped this team.

Also, Romo looks to have begun his December swoon early. Horrible game. Looked like he consistently missed open receivers, did not read the defense well and checked into some poor plays. Seems like he either did not have enough rest or just laid an egg.

Also, totally outclassed by the other coaches this week. I really think we had the personnel advantage but we played into their hands.

At this point, 500 in December and we likely miss the playoffs. Not sure if we even get to 8-8 with 3 road games against a team that has beaten us at home, a team that has crushed us at home, and a team whose offense can light us up. Heck, we have Luck and the Colts at home. We could have more Colts fans than Cowboys fans and we could finish the year 3-5 and home.

Thanks again Jerrah.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stadium is packed for every game.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The stadium is packed for every game.
When the opposing fans consistently have 30% of the crowd and our fans are not that loud, Jerry can continue making his money but the home crowd does not make a positive impact for our team which is a real shame.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what youre saying except I dont get the better personnel part. Murray, Dez the OLine and what after that? Nothing on D either. I came on here saying the Eagles have the better OLine and then I changed my mind. But as dominant Dallas OLine is at running the ball they really arent as good in the pass blocking department. The Cowboys need a #2 and #3 WR on offense.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]538127922549493760[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-4 at home and we have been absolutely crushed by the better teams. We have lost by more than 10 points against the Eagles, 49ers, and Cardinals. There is really no home crowd to speak of and even if we outnumber the other guys, then our crowd is still passive. At least Jerrah makes his money, but the Taj has not gotten it done or helped this team.

Also, Romo looks to have begun his December swoon early. Horrible game. Looked like he consistently missed open receivers, did not read the defense well and checked into some poor plays. Seems like he either did not have enough rest or just laid an egg.

Also, totally outclassed by the other coaches this week. I really think we had the personnel advantage but we played into their hands.

At this point, 500 in December and we likely miss the playoffs. Not sure if we even get to 8-8 with 3 road games against a team that has beaten us at home, a team that has crushed us at home, and a team whose offense can light us up. Heck, we have Luck and the Colts at home. We could have more Colts fans than Cowboys fans and we could finish the year 3-5 and home.

Thanks again Jerrah.

If we lose out we will still be 8-8, we already have 8 wins which is three more than a lot of folks thought we would have.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sheepishly raises hand...>

I seem to remember a couple of guys popping up to rip me last week when I said this years D was as bad as last year and the seemed improvement was a result of the offense keeping them off the field and playing with a lead. I rest my case. This defense plays hard. It just doesn't have any playmakers. No pass rush without blitzing. We have some young guys who could develop into players, like Sterling Moore and Anthony Hitchens, but we need at least 2-3 DL, another LB(besides Lee returning), a couple of corners and a S

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember a couple of guys popping up to rip me last week when I said this years D was as bad as last year and the seemed improvement was a result of the offense keeping them off the field and playing with a lead. I rest my case. This defense plays hard. It just doesn't have any playmakers. No pass rush without blitzing. We have some young guys who could develop into players, like Sterling Moore and Anthony Hitchens, but we need at least 2-3 DL, another LB(besides Lee returning), a couple of corners and a S

I said this week that this d scares me. The D has to be fixed this off season.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this week that this d scares me. The D has to be fixed this off season.

Lots needs to be fixed... But yes.

The focus this offseason (draft and/or otherwise) should be on defense. Gonna have to deal with paying some people on offense (we all know about that) but the draft should focus on the defense across the board.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The focus this offseason (draft and/or otherwise) should be on defense. Gonna have to deal with paying some people on offense (we all know about that) but the draft should focus on the defense across the board.

It's really a must. Don't go out and spend FA money on anyone. Use the money we have to resign Murray and Dez(yes it can be done). I hate going into a draft and not taking the best player available, but this year would be the exception. Spend all 7 picks on the best defender on your board

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the trade ups for clayburn and Lawrence have paid off?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo looked bad. No arm strength and held on to ball to long.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo looked bad. No arm strength and held on to ball to long.

Add to that the "sacks" where he just fell down... that should concern everyone. It was obvious in the Niners game that his deep throws had little "zip" on them. Same thing throughout the season - mid-range throws are OK but the deep stuff has the appearance of "throwing it up there".

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Add to that the "sacks" where he just fell down... that should concern everyone. It was obvious in the Niners game that his deep throws had little "zip" on them. Same thing throughout the season - mid-range throws are OK but the deep stuff has the appearance of "throwing it up there".
Romo is not right and teams will adjust. However, some of this is on our coaching. play action on first or second with a strong running team is the way to go unless the OL is balling. Our coaches just don't get it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so in other words..the D needs some meat? :whistle:

I know, we've been down that road before. :pound:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see Moore and patmon as nice depth. Patmon has chance to be a starter next year as he has nose for ball. Somehow we need to find replacement for Carr and clayburn. Need to draft couple impact player before this defense really improves