• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Moly! Give it a REST!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by the way saved the 2012 season that RG3 gets all the credit for by coming in and beating Baltimore and beating Cleveland on the road the following week where one loss ends our season.

Exhibit 3626354807655484^^^^^^^ of the Kirk Cousins is a football god narrative

Word up for the great relief Kirk provided in the Baltimore game and kudos for beating Cleveland a week later in his first ever NFL start, but..............

If the Redskins lose either the Balt or Cle game, but the season plays out exactly like it did otherwise. The Redskins at 9-7 would've still won the NFC East and still been the NFC's 4th seeded postseason team. As the Skins and the Giants would've both been 9-7 and the tie-breaker scenarios are as follows.

TB scenario #1) Head to head games - Skins/Giants split series 1-1. On to TB scenario #2.
TB scenario #2) won/lost record within the division.

Skins 5-1 vs NFC East opponents in 2012.
Gmen 3-3 vs NFC East opponents in 2012.

Redskins win NFC East title for 2012.

I wait with baited breath on how Kirk Cousins killed Osama bin Laden.

Oh, and the Robert Griffin won the 2012 season all by himself narrative is complete and total bullshit as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson will cost us more than a #1 as we will have to trade up. We've been to this movie before and it didn't turn out so well.

But if you keep doing it the same way, eventually its got to work right??

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone told you we could get a qb in the 4th round of this year's draft that would break numerous Redskins passing records, win a division, have back to back winning season for the first time in 20 years, and almost throw for 5000 yards in his first two years as a starter, would you draft him?

You draft him. Me, I'm going to Vegas and layin down a bet. Can you imagine the odds particularly since its already happened once before.

Oh, and I'd tell Kirk to kick rocks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draft him. Me, I'm going to Vegas and layin down a bet. Can you imagine the odds particularly since its already happened once before.

Oh, and I'd tell Kirk to kick rocks.

Agreed, but if you had a lock on that guy, he likely isnt there in the 4th round.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, one side has got to surrender. :lol:

The guy is in the top 7 or 8 by stats the past two years. Those who don't like him can say whatever they want the stats speak for themselves so the front office can either:

1. sign him long term
2. franchise him
3. transition tag him and either beat the top figure or take the draft picks
4. trade him

I prefer a long term signing. If you another plan then great. State it! Quit your bitching and tell us what you would do. Breed and ehb have been saying this same crap for 4 years. Then come up with a plan. We have heard your whining. We get it. You don't have to agree with me. Everyone gets an opinion but grow a pair and come up with a plan instead of the continued whining. :trash:

I don't agree with dean on a lot of things he says but at least he has the courage and conviction to say them.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is in the top 7 or 8 by stats the past two years. Those who don't like him can say whatever they want the stats speak for themselves so the front office can either:

1. sign him long term
2. franchise him
4. trade him

I prefer a long term signing. If you another plan then great. State it! Quit your bitching and tell us what you would do. Breed and ehb have been saying this same crap for 4 years. Then come up with a plan. We have heard your whining. We get it. You don't have to agree with me. Everyone gets an opinion but grow a pair and come up with a plan instead of the continued whining. :trash:

I don't agree with dean on a lot of things he says but at least he has the courage and conviction to say them.

My plan is re-signing Kirk. Which is what Ive been saying since like halfway through last season. Im not sure I was saying much at all about Kirk 4 years ago though considering he was the backup.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me breed. Specifics may be off a bit but overall narrative is the same. Kirk has got to stop playing small in big games, but Rypien was the same way. Like I said. Draft Watson or Mahomes at 17 and hit the reset button if that floats your boat. Kirk is far from God, but we can win with him. We can win it all with him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got me breed. Specifics may be off a bit but overall narrative is the same. Kirk has got to stop playing small in big games, but Rypien was the same way. Like I said. Draft Watson or Mahomes at 17 and hit the reset button if that floats your boat. Kirk is far from God, but we can win with him. We can win it all with him.

I wasn't trying to get you, homey, and I to believe the Skins can win, maybe even win it with Kirk, and as a fan that's really the most you can ask for imo. That the team you root for has a chance win to it all. I just don't believe Cousins is what many here seem to think he is. I see him as a piece of the puzzle, if one wants to call him, the most imporatnt piece of this team's puzzle. I'm good with that.

But for someone to say they wouldn't trade him for any other QB in football. Or that the rest of the team (RBs I'm referring to mainly) were total garbage and they offered Kirk no help or worse yet, held him back. Or that he made what many considered a top 5 receiving unit in football better players. That's bullshit to me and isn't supported by any meaningful measurement, metric or anything for that matter.

I see a lot of the same things with Cuz now. That happened with Griffin back in 2012. And I don't mean from Cousins himself. I mean the pedastal that Skins fans are putting Cousins on. When it was happening with Griffin though. Skins fans weren't near as quick to badmouth other Skins players. I suspect that has to do with the gaudy passing stats Cuz has put up in most categories over the last couple years and the fact that we now know Griffin was little more than a gimmick player.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone told you we could get a qb in the 4th round of this year's draft that would break numerous Redskins passing records, win a division, have back to back winning season for the first time in 20 years, and almost throw for 5000 yards in his first two years as a starter, would you draft him?

In this years draft?? Really?? Then absolutely I'd draft that guy, save a ton of money, and use it to rebuild this team. That guy whomever he might be, would be on his rookie contract... AND...... here's the bonus, as a rookie matching those numbers he might just be able to score a bit more often in the red zone, plus own a much greater upside.

BTW: here is a partial list of the superstars:D that previously held records that Kirk is breaking.

**Sonny Jurgensen (an actual real life superstar and Hall of famer) 300 yards passing games {5} set 1967
Jay Schroeder (holder of two records 300 yards passing games {5} and 4,109 yards season) set 1986
Mark Rypien (300 yards passing games {5} set 1989
Jason Campbell (pass completions in a single season-327) set 2009

As we lovingly look back at the many superstar players that have graced our team and wonder, how is this even possible that we now have a QB that has broken records so revered, so masterfully set, and most important, once thought to be unreachable:lol:

For the record I know what you meant to infer...Just f'ing wit ya!! :nod:

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. sign him long term
2. franchise him
4. trade him

Heh. My info says the day I joined the hoop was on Sept 3rd 2014. That's what? 2 years and 4 months ago. Whatever it is, it's not four years and newsflash. Acting like a keyboard tough guy pretending you're above it all while you bitch about what other posters are bitching about is called bitchin. Which makes you look more than a little triflin and is a bad look in general if you're too ignorant to know that. As is trying to apply words like courage and conviction to an on-going conversation/discusion on a frootball message board. Makes me wonder if you even know WTF those words truly mean. Perhaps like my join date, You should've looked them up before you went and ran your mouth. You don't like what what I post or it bugs you, stop reading it. Sounds like a simple and easy enough solution to me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. My info says the day I joined the hoop was on Sept 3rd 2014. That's what? 2 years and 4 months ago. Whatever it is, it's not four years and newsflash. Acting like a keyboard tough guy pretending you're above it all while you bitch about what other posters are bitching about is called bitchin. Which makes you look more than a little triflin and is a bad look in general if you're too ignorant to know that. As is trying to apply words like courage and conviction to an on-going conversation/discusion on a frootball message board. Makes me wonder if you even know WTF those words truly mean. Perhaps like my join date, You should've looked them up before you went and ran your mouth. You don't like what what I post or it bugs you, stop reading it. Sounds like a simple and easy enough solution to me.

I have no problem with that Breed. I love ignore. I have no problem saying what I think and believe and don't need 5,000 posts to make my point. That is called courage and conviction.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this years draft?? Really?? Then absolutely I'd draft that guy, save a ton of money, and use it to rebuild this team. That guy whomever he might be, would be on his rookie contract... AND...... here's the bonus, as a rookie matching those numbers he might just be able to score a bit more often in the red zone, plus own a much greater upside.

BTW: here is a partial list of the superstars:D that previously held records that Kirk is breaking.

**Sonny Jurgensen (an actual real life superstar and Hall of famer) 300 yards passing games {5} set 1967
Jay Schroeder (holder of two records 300 yards passing games {5} and 4,109 yards season) set 1986
Mark Rypien (300 yards passing games {5} set 1989
Jason Campbell (pass completions in a single season-327) set 2009

As we lovingly look back at the many superstar players that have graced our team and wonder, how is this even possible that we now have a QB that has broken records so revered, so masterfully set, and most important, once thought to be unreachable:lol:

For the record I know what you meant to infer...Just f'ing wit ya!! :nod:

And in 4 years you'd have to pay that guy, meanwhile the window on guys like Garçon, Norman, Kerrigan, and others may have closed. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not being smart. Maybe Watson is the next Russell Wilson and Kirk's 24 plus Jackson's 9 could be used to build a top 5 defense in one year. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I just know a top 3 offense when I see one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are also not" in scot we trust guys " that are about to "trust scot " when he lets him walk

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by my math if KC loses both baltimore and cleveland that would have made us 8-8 and we are out

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in 4 years you'd have to pay that guy, meanwhile the window on guys like Garçon, Norman, Kerrigan, and others may have closed. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not being smart. Maybe Watson is the next Russell Wilson and Kirk's 24 plus Jackson's 9 could be used to build a top 5 defense in one year. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I just know a top 3 offense when I see one.

Thing is, you're not wrong because every possibility is still there in this matter even those that appear to be extremely unlikely. Most here believe that the best route would be to sign Kirk long term and be done with it. Despite the many arguments against using a second franchise tag, a transition tag or even a trade, there has been ample evidence that leads reasonable thinkers to consider those options as well. BTW: it's not Kirk hate, chasing elite's or love for that other guy either.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are also not" in scot we trust guys " that are about to "trust scot " when he lets him walk

I don't remember anyone who was not on board with SM. If you're out there please speak up, let us know what led you to that conclusion. Thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember anyone who was not on board with SM. If you're out there please speak up, let us know what led you to that conclusion. Thanks!

they are out there

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by not on board you mean answered everything Scotty Mac did with a In GMSM I trust. I took a wait and see approach his first year here and I've never been on tye In GMSM We Trust bandwagon. His second year I disagreed with quite a bit. I think drafting BPA is by and large a crock and poften times you end up with a Laron Landry. As it made no sense to me whatsoever to draft him. Or a Josh Dotson, thoiugh I can somewhat 8understand why he was drafted. At the same though, the WR position was good to go for at least another year. The DL most certainly wasw not and I vehemently disagree with his approach to FA. I wanted the Skins to put a chokehold on Damon Harrison, even more so that drafdting a supposed stud outta college. Reason being there was no doubt whatsoever that Harrison was a legit space eater who is mandatory to block with multiple players.

In the majority of cases I'm not a fan of converting/attempting to convert a player from one position to another. If you want a 34 olb draft a 34 OLB, not a 43 DE. Though I do like players whom are capable of playing multiple positions. I just prefer that they have expereince and a level of competency doing so before they get to tye Redskins. The plan to move Cravens to safety scares me. Especially as I've read that in college he really only playsd as a true about 7% of the time. If they can scheme him away from man coverages, especially downfield, and have him playing downhill as opposed to reading and reacting more often that not, It might work. It might a disaster and I'm preparing myself for the latter while hoping for the former.

As for whjat led me to that conclusion that's easy. I'm Redskins fan. And while I don't express say like Shark does. I've come to expect the organization to fuck shit up in one way or another and on that front they always seem to deliver. Hell, My thing was when it came to the Skins. I'm from Missouri. You can't tell me shit. You gots to show me. And I wanna see it a couple times as well.

I refused to believe things were changing after last year. I wanted to see another year of improvement. Another winning record, cuz lets face it. 9-7 is the very ass end of the ass when it comes to having a winning record. Another playoff berth woul;d've been nice, but it wasn't mandatory as I thought the entire division would improve. Some wins against winning teams by Kirk and a strong cnsistent seazson from start to finish from Kirk as well. Sure enough like getting 3 wishes from the devil to sell one's soul. Everything I thought I wanted came to pass. As I'm in love with a bitch I can't stand who loves to play with my emotions,

The Skins finished with a winning recored, but its actually worse than 9-7. Bitch I can't stand and the devil take that round. Them 1 Breed 0

The playoffs wasn't a mandatory need to have so what happens. The Skins are sprinting, then running kinda fas and eventually joggonmg towards to playoff, we're gonna get there, right? That's when the bitch I can't stand and tye devil couldn't stand it no more and just laughed my face as qe came up just that short.

Bitch/Devil 2 Breed 0

Well atleast least Kirk did get some wins against winning teams and was consistent from start to finish, right?

Kinda. But beating NYG in week 3 and a GB team with a tore up from the floor up secondary. Only to go 2-4 in our final 6 games with the last of the four coming against the Gaints who had nothing to play for. While we had a playoff berthe on the line. And yeah, KC was consistent alrghit. Consistently a bag of bullshit in the red-zone as imo we squandered as many as 4 possible victories and being unable toi win even one.....in thye bomus round which is worth 2 [points the final tally is as follows.

Bitch/Devil = 4 Breed = Gooseeggs and is made to go suck on disease infested, rotting swollen blue whale nuts for the off-season once again.

Such is the life of a Washington Redskins fan. Who's only solace is.....he's not a Cleveland Browns fan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games this weekend provided a snapshot of what the Washington Redskins have in quarterback Kirk Cousins. And, perhaps, a glimpse over what he’ll get paid this offseason -- and why.

The first game: Houston’s win over Oakland. The second: Green Bay’s win over New York. In the former game, Houston quarterback Brock Osweiler, who signed an $18-million-a-year deal last season, was pedestrian. If he made a good pass, it was almost cause for celebration, given that he played poorly in 2016 and lost his starting job at one point.

In the latter game, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers showed the other end of the spectrum (the one in which the player ends up in the Hall of Fame). It’s not a knock to say Cousins is not Rodgers; how many teams have a comparable quarterback? But when you’re trying to determine a quarterback’s value, a team will wonder about his ability to carry that team, if necessary. You set new money standards when you do the things Rodgers does.

Cousins is somewhere between Osweiler and Rodgers, but what will that mean as far as what he’s worth?

If you’ve followed pro sports at all, you know salaries aren’t arranged in order of how good a player is; rather, it’s all about timing. When Rodgers signed his deal in 2013 -- with the cap about $45 million less than it will be this year -- he received an NFL-record $54 million in fully guaranteed money. The deal averages $22 million per year (when it comes to any deal, the guaranteed money is more important than the average per year because of the ability to backload).

If Rodgers were up this offseason, his deal would dwarf Cousins’ -- as well it should. Rodgers might be the league MVP; if he’s not the best quarterback, he’s in the top two. Yet seven quarterbacks in the past two offseasons have received more fully guaranteed money than Rodgers did in 2013.

Another difference: In Rodgers’ contract, it won't be until the fifth year (2018) that there is legitimate cap relief should something go wrong. I can’t imagine that Cousins will receive the same sort of deal; Osweiler’s deal offers Houston relief after two years. (What would not be good: another year on the franchise tag. The Redskins know what they have; it's either good enough for a long-term deal or it's not. But yes, it takes two to make it happen).

I hear the name Alex Smith a lot when the organization discusses Cousins. Smith received a deal worth $17 million per year with $45 million in guaranteed money in 2014 -- when the cap was $133 million.

However, where the Rodgers talk becomes valid is when discussing what he can do for a team. He clearly lifts players and is capable of carrying an offense -- not just for a game but for long stretches of a season. Whatever money he receives, it’s about talent and sustained excellence, not leverage and timing. But Rodgers is a future Hall of Fame quarterback, so to knock Cousins because he’s not at the same level is silly. What’s not silly is trying to determine, when paying a guy, say, $24 million per year, what that gets you -- and how far it can take you.

The Redskins have to consider every factor, from whether they can get the same production from someone on the roster to whether they can find a better alternative via trade, free agency or the draft.

Certainly, Colt McCoy knows the offense well and perhaps could give them the same production. But the question no one can answer until seeing him play again is this: Would he be durable? McCoy’s style is a mix between Robert Griffin III and Cousins -- he can play from the pocket, but he’ll also extend plays and run, which leads to more hits and more chances for injuries. Cousins has started every game the past two seasons.

If you invest poorly in a quarterback (Houston), you get stuck with a bad player taking up a lot of space -- and wasting a talented defense. Osweiler did not have Cousins’ track record before signing. The Redskins also have yet to build a team capable of relying on other aspects of the game -- defense, running game -- to win. They’re close with the run game, not with the defense. That’s not Cousins’ fault.

Houston won in spite of Osweiler this season. Imagine what would have happened in Washington had Cousins played like Osweiler.

But the danger is overpaying a quarterback (they overpaid a corner last offseason) and being unable to build what you want around him. At that point, you need Rodgers. Few teams will ever have that guy. So what then becomes the biggest mistake: Letting a productive quarterback walk or overpaying him to stay?

KIem's view with this weekend in mind

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article. Keim en point with his observations.