• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hold On One Second, Mr. Mark Jackson

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just hear him say that Steph and Klay will be the greatest shooting back court in the history of the NBA? Wow!

I can't find a link to it though, maybe someone can. I just seen it on Warriors Season Review.

Does anyone else think they have a chance at being in the discussion of "greatest"?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just hear him say that Steph and Klay will be the greatest shooting back court in the history of the NBA? Wow!

I can't find a link to it though, maybe someone can. I just seen it on Warriors Season Review.

Does anyone else think they have a chance at being in the discussion of "greatest"?

To me this is a non issue. The game of basketball is all about balance. Even if they were the greatest shooting back court in history, there would need to be some sort of tangible results that come from that shooting.

It's entirely possible, percentage wise that they could be up there for consideration. That being said I couldn't care less if they were if it doesn't translate to wins.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me this is a non issue. The game of basketball is all about balance. Even if they were the greatest shooting back court in history, there would need to be some sort of tangible results that come from that shooting.

It's entirely possible, percentage wise that they could be up there for consideration. That being said I couldn't care less if they were if it doesn't translate to wins.

What he said.

Jason Kidd has NEVER shot at a high percentage from the field, and I would have taken him on the Warriors during any year of his career. Heck, I would love to see him on the Warriors next season, and that dude is old.

Also, Mark Jackson is saying things like this to pump up his players and to get the team excited. He is equal parts cheerleader and head coach. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson: 'We're much better than record indicated'

Jackson talks about how his 4 best players, including Wright, were all injured at the end of the season. 1 player was acquired at the deadline who didn't play a game, so you can't necessarily factor him in here. You had 2 months of prior healthy play from Monta and Ekpe who played significant roles for this team. Lee carried the team pretty much the entire year and had a whole years worth of contribution(or lack thereof) from Wright. Only Curry missed significant time to the detriment of the team. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

Side note: He incorporates Wright as one of his best 4. Even if he's exaggerating on this, I think this is a strong indication that Wright will be counted on heavily towards next years record. I think Wright suffered much of this season based on the loss of Curry. Curry was a heavy facilitator of Wright in his career year previous to this season. I think if Curry is healthy, we can expect a big increase in production from Wright.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mark Jackson: 'We're much better than record indicated'

Jackson talks about how his 4 best players, including Wright, were all injured at the end of the season. 1 player was acquired at the deadline who didn't play a game, so you can't necessarily factor him in here. You had 2 months of prior healthy play from Monta and Ekpe who played significant roles for this team. Lee carried the team pretty much the entire year and had a whole years worth of contribution(or lack thereof) from Wright. Only Curry missed significant time to the detriment of the team. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

Side note: He incorporates Wright as one of his best 4. Even if he's exaggerating on this, I think this is a strong indication that Wright will be counted on heavily towards next years record. I think Wright suffered much of this season based on the loss of Curry. Curry was a heavy facilitator of Wright in his career year previous to this season. I think if Curry is healthy, we can expect a big increase in production from Wright.

When Dorell Wright is one of the 4 best players on your team, you are not good. Don't get me wrong - I like DWright. But he's a solid 6th man/defensive stopper. He's not an All-Star-caliber player.

He's not even one of the 5 best SF in the Western Conference, let alone the NBA.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CameronFrye;1966516[U said:
]When Dorell Wright is one of the 4 best players on your team, you are not good[/U]. Don't get me wrong - I like DWright. But he's a solid 6th man/defensive stopper. He's not an All-Star-caliber player.

He's not even one of the 5 best SF in the Western Conference, let alone the NBA.

Cam, I don't think any teams 4 best players are all stars. I think Miami is the closest with 3?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Um, defensive stopper, Dorell Wright?

Perhaps for a grade-school class, but not in the NBA that I watch.

The 4 best players on the current roster would look to be Bogut, Lee, Curry, and Thompson, probably in that order. And we may not want to acknowledge it because we stare at his contract, but Jefferson is probably #5; if not him, it's Rush. Wright is nowhere near the top 4.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Um, defensive stopper, Dorell Wright?

Perhaps for a grade-school class, but not in the NBA that I watch.

The 4 best players on the current roster would look to be Bogut, Lee, Curry, and Thompson, probably in that order. And we may not want to acknowledge it because we stare at his contract, but Jefferson is probably #5; if not him, it's Rush. Wright is nowhere near the top 4.

this lineup just made my head hurt. my first thought was, 'this lineup isn't winning shit!'.. if 'shit' = 'championship' then, yes. i thought about it a bit more and all of these players are borderline all-stars.. or all star caliber, if you will... and perhaps its not so bad. finally, i looked at that lineup from the defensive side and realized we're fucked. our two worst defenders are truly terrible and play positions that see the ball, defensively, quite often. curry/lee are going to see the pick and roll run at them all day; athletic point guards are going to go bananas on curry; any PF with a post game should destroy lee. as long as those two play 40 mins a night i don't see this becoming a team that can consistently make the playoffs and challenge for a title shot out of the west.