• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokies suck in NFL stadiums

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making a new topic instead of using the Cincy thread in hopes of getting a good answer.

Why do we suck in NFL stadiums? During the game, I believe I saw a graphic that said we're 10-20. Before this game, I thought we played poorly in NFL (and for that matter, any big stadium) but I was too lazy to look up the numbers. Turns out my hunch was correct.

So why? Is it depth perception? Lack of communication due to larger sidelines? Turf? The foul stench of Dan Synder at FedEx?

A good team should be able to play well regardless of the setting. A record that poor indicates something is systematic and needs correcting

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-3 at Heinz

0-3 at FedEx though one was to USC and one to Boise

I assume the majority of our wins are at Sun Life and the Vet against Temple. I saw us win one at RFK way back when.

Most of the other ones are bowl games which are usually against really good teams: At the Sugar Bowl we are 1-3 (Texas, Auburn, Michigan, FSU). At the Georgia Dome we are 1-1.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't the stadium this year it's just VT is that bad. Exum cannot play CB. He is committing penalties or getting beat almost every play. He also sucks in run support. LT is horrible in almost every way imaginable. It doesn't matter if the pass blocking has taken a step back or if there are dropped balls, he is still horrible both pre-snap and post-snap. Interior run and pass blocking is worse than ever but yet O'Cain and Stinespring are still not using the edges of the field enough. Some but not nearly enough even when it's been proven all year long that trying to do anything between the tackles is a low percentage play. Retards. HS caliber coaches. The TEs and FBs suck. Period. They can't block or catch well. The D-line was way overrated. True they have been on the field for many plays and are banged up because of it, but still overrated. Part of it is because Exum and the LBs are allowing open receivers so often. It's easier for the QB to get rid of it quickly. It's a nightmare combination brought to you mostly by Newsome/Stinespring/O'Cain/Beamer. At the very least one person in that group needs to go at the end of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's really a meaningless stat. Most of the time these are big games, and we don't often win big games. It's not the fact that an NFL team plays there. Also, I contend that it's incorrect anyway, in just 10 minutes of googling and my own memory (feel free to add or correct, the point is we aren't 10-21).

Atlanta/Fulton County - NC State 1986
RFK - Temple 1995
Super Dome - Texas 1995
Veterans Stadium - Temple 1997, 1999, 2001
Jacksonville - Clemson 2001, Louisville 2006, Boston College 2007
Linc Financial - Temple 2003
Sunlife - Miami 2006, 2010, Cincy 2009
Raymond James - Boston College 2008
Georgia Dome - Tennessee 2009
Bank Of America - FSU 2010

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-3 at Heinz

0-3 at FedEx though one was to USC and one to Boise

I assume the majority of our wins are at Sun Life and the Vet against Temple. I saw us win one at RFK way back when.

Most of the other ones are bowl games which are usually against really good teams: At the Sugar Bowl we are 1-3 (Texas, Auburn, Michigan, FSU). At the Georgia Dome we are 1-1.

I think we're 1-2 at the Georgia Dome... 1-1 in Chicken Bowls, 0-1 (probably go ahead and make us 0-2 now) in "preseason" Chicken Bowls vs. Bama.