• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokies, do yourself a favor and watch this video

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's from a Miami perspective, but this is an awesome video. Shows how down 21-7 at the half, they finally had a leader step up in the lockeroom to make the team believe. You could tell it from how they played in the second half, but watching this video makes it hit home. The last 2 or 3 minutes are really tough to watch, with Miami players devastated and crying in the locker room. A unique perspective that you'll be glad you watched.

[YOUTUBE]J_kKb1RapsY&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's from a Miami perspective, but this is an awesome video. Shows how down 21-7 at the half, they finally had a leader step up in the lockeroom to make the team believe. You could tell it from how they played in the second half, but watching this video makes it hit home. The last 2 or 3 minutes are really tough to watch, with Miami players devastated and crying in the locker room. A unique perspective that you'll be glad you watched.

[YOUTUBE]J_kKb1RapsY&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

I liked the part where we won.

Alright, I'm just kidding. That is a good video. It's easy to hate teams, hate schools and hate fans when all you ever see of them is their opposition to your team, your school and your fans. When you see the people behind the pads it definitely puts it into perspective. I'd love to see something like this for Tech.

Tough break for Miami, but it looks like Golden is really trying to do it right down there. I wish him and his players luck. Good find poop (which is weird to type... I might call you VTP instead).

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Excellent video post to send me into the weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the part where we won.

Alright, I'm just kidding. That is a good video. It's easy to hate teams, hate schools and hate fans when all you ever see of them is their opposition to your team, your school and your fans. When you see the people behind the pads it definitely puts it into perspective. I'd love to see something like this for Tech.

Tough break for Miami, but it looks like Golden is really trying to do it right down there. I wish him and his players luck. Good find poop (which is weird to type... I might call you VTP instead).

Im with you 200proof. I liked that part too. Poop has some great thoughts there too. It just shows the emotion that is involved in football and sports in general. It would be easy to say that this game "wasn't that big of a deal", "the loss isn't gonna make or break our season", or "it wasn't the NCG/ACCG", or whatever, but I think anyone that knows anything about these teams, the sport, knows that this game and win for VT was HUGE. The loser does not "control its own destiny" as the pundits would put it, they would be on the outside looking in with the winner and GT. It seems that Al Golden is decent guy and coach who hopefully (for Miami and the ACC) will get that program headed back in the right direction. Unfortunately it will not be an easy task, especially with possible penalties coming. I think watching that game, Miami is better than their record shows..let's face it..they usually have some of the most superior talent in the conference they just can't never seem to put it together. They aren't completely out of it yet. But its time to see what they are all about. They have UNC and GT the next two weeks...No time to let this game get them down.

Great vid poop!!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn refs. Jacory should've gotten an unsportsmanlike at the 7:15 mark. :flame:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you 200proof. I liked that part too. Poop has some great thoughts there too. It just shows the emotion that is involved in football and sports in general. It would be easy to say that this game "wasn't that big of a deal", "the loss isn't gonna make or break our season", or "it wasn't the NCG/ACCG", or whatever, but I think anyone that knows anything about these teams, the sport, knows that this game and win for VT was HUGE. The loser does not "control its own destiny" as the pundits would put it, they would be on the outside looking in with the winner and GT. It seems that Al Golden is decent guy and coach who hopefully (for Miami and the ACC) will get that program headed back in the right direction. Unfortunately it will not be an easy task, especially with possible penalties coming. I think watching that game, Miami is better than their record shows..let's face it..they usually have some of the most superior talent in the conference they just can't never seem to put it together. They aren't completely out of it yet. But its time to see what they are all about. They have UNC and GT the next two weeks...No time to let this game get them down.

Great vid poop!!!

I agree. This video actually makes me feel a lot better about things. Our defense got gashed in the second half with the injuries and whatnot, but damn, look at the emotion and how much Miami invested into the second half of this game. It's not like we were trying to stop a Pop Warner team. Those guys have a lot of darn talent.
Now, that said, Let's GO HOKIES.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Its cool to see things from the other side of the fence. lets hope wake has a vidoe just like this in about 10 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the last 2 to 3 minutes were my favorite part! :)

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great video poop, thanks for sharing that.

One thing I took away as a fan from it was the talk of shutting up the fans. I know that we put it all in during a defensive drive, and it seems to suck the life out of you when the opposing offense scores, but if we want the team to answer the touchdown we should too as fans. We should start the "Let's Go Hokies!" chant right after a touchdown. Hopefully that will encourage a block, get the return team psyched, or at least not give encouragement to the opposing team. Hooplans can be the seeds for this, if we start it ourselves at games, and talk to our friends and family I think this could help. What are your thoughts?