• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hmmm this is interesting

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we have LBJ or Bosh and a 1 or 2 seed I think we can make it out of the first round. We would probably get swept the next round though :(

I'm telling you right now, the Heat will not get swept. The difference between the Lakers and Heat overall is athleticism, Miami also has the best player in the game hands down. This will definitely be the hardest run that the Heat have come by with Indiana improving and Brooklyn stacking talent. But in no way will the Heat get swept (unless all 3 members of the big 3 go down to injury). Can the Heat be beat? Absolutely, it's definitely possible.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you right now, the Heat will not get swept. The difference between the Lakers and Heat overall is athleticism, Miami also has the best player in the game hands down. This will definitely be the hardest run that the Heat have come by with Indiana improving and Brooklyn stacking talent. But in no way will the Heat get swept (unless all 3 members of the big 3 go down to injury). Can the Heat be beat? Absolutely, it's definitely possible.

Of course it is. It came within a Ray Allen Hail Mary of happening against the Spurs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is. It came within a Ray Allen Hail Mary of happening against the Spurs.

The Heat still won, just accept it. I don't care how it came by, the title is the Heat's.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is impossible in sports you know this

Very true. But what team right now presently constructed can SWEEP the Heat? You can give me the argument that the Pacers are built to beat the Heat and I can understand that argument. But you're telling me that a team of Wade, Lebron and Bosh is going to get swept? By whom?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not bad, really amazing level of interesting for being NBA off season :D

I do not think the Heat will get swept in the first round so we can hopefully break that pattern.

And either did the Lakers Taco.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO - That's a good point because I had almost forgot about that - The Spurs were a few seconds away from another championship and collapsed on the defense that they used to be known for.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. But what team right now presently constructed can SWEEP the Heat? You can give me the argument that the Pacers are built to beat the Heat and I can understand that argument. But you're telling me that a team of Wade, Lebron and Bosh is going to get swept? By whom?

I don't think they would be swept but they can be beat by any team. Also something crazy could happen like Lebron tearing his ACL look what happened to Kobe. Or the heat get a lower seed like 4th or something and gets beat by a really good te in the first round

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would be swept but they can be beat by any team. Also something crazy could happen like Lebron tearing his ACL look what happened to Kobe. Or the heat get a lower seed like 4th or something and gets beat by a really good te in the first round

The Heat will never finish lower than 3rd (Chicago and Indiana will be in contention with the Heat). The Heat is one of the best defensive and most athletic teams in the NBA. This was the Lakers downfall the past couple seasons as they literally had no one that could compete with a younger Thunder team in 2012, and Dallas' back court of Barea and Terry killed the Lakers in 2011.

Sure injuries happen, and if Lebron goes down then so do the Heat's chances. But that's in every sport and every team. Roy Hibbert goes down for the Pacers then the Pacers lose their only advantage against the Heat.

Like I said, the Heat can be beat, I'm not arguing that. We've already seen it in 2011, and the Spurs were a made FT away from winning the title this past season. But that's the beauty in sports, it isn't over until it's over. My question is - who presently constructed could sweep the Heat with the way the Heat play defense and who has the best player in the game on their team. Along with the best SG in the game right now in Wade since Kobe is pretty much injured right now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat will never finish lower than 3rd (Chicago and Indiana will be in contention with the Heat). The Heat is one of the best defensive and most athletic teams in the NBA. This was the Lakers downfall the past couple seasons as they literally had no one that could compete with a younger Thunder team in 2012, and Dallas' back court of Barea and Terry killed the Lakers in 2011.

Sure injuries happen, and if Lebron goes down then so do the Heat's chances. But that's in every sport and every team. Roy Hibbert goes down for the Pacers then the Pacers lose their only advantage against the Heat.

Like I said, the Heat can be beat, I'm not arguing that. We've already seen it in 2011, and the Spurs were a made FT away from winning the title this past season. But that's the beauty in sports, it isn't over until it's over. My question is - who presently constructed could sweep the Heat with the way the Heat play defense and who has the best player in the game on their team. Along with the best SG in the game right now in Wade since Kobe is pretty much injured right now.

Heats defense wasn't anything special but it was good. But the offense is what made them really dangerous. Also you're forgetting that Brooklyn is in the discussion. So at worst a 4th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I respect and admire your confidence, to speak in such absolutes is a bit foolhardy, imo!! Absolutely no one, Lakers fans or otherwise, thought that the Lakers coming off back to back championships would get swept and they definitely didn't think they'd get swept by Dallas!! Yet, it happened!!

In fact, if memory serves, the Lakers were favored in that series!! Additionally, almost no one thought that the Heat would get beat by Dallas, until it happened!!

Not saying that the Heat WILL get swept, just pointing out that the unexpected happens in sports all the time!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Along with the best SG in the game right now in Wade since Kobe is pretty much injured right now.

This can't be true? Wow, it is a toss up between him and Harden I guess with Wade having far superior D...and I would have taken Wade over Kobe almost any day. Kobe may be the better player last year (only slightly) but Wade the far better teammate.

While I respect and admire your confidence, to speak in such absolutes is a bit foolhardy, imo!!

Only a Sith speaks in absolutes...

In fact, if memory serves, the Lakers were favored in that series!! Additionally, almost no one thought that the Heat would get beat by Dallas, until it happened!!

That means next to nothing, LA has a huge public backing which will consistently drive the lines the wrong way.

Not saying that the Heat WILL get swept, just pointing out that the unexpected happens in sports all the time!!

Bingo

I agreed with every thing you posted :D :suds:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly harden is the best SG in the NBA right now I don't take wade over him now no way

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was better than Harden last year. Have to wait and see how he comes back. A healthy Wade is an easy replacement at the top spot to me.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was better than Harden last year. Have to wait and see how he comes back. A healthy Wade is an easy replacement at the top spot to me.

Wade is kind of coming back from injury too though. Not nearly the same type of injury but signs of aging are prevalent in Wade.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3