• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hit on Talib deliberate?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Belichick REALLY hates Welker for some reason.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker was running a crossing route. He was trying to pick Talib (every team does it)... Talib just happened to be running a lot faster than other players and slammed into Welker. Do I think Welker did that on purpose? Yes, but ONLY because that is the way the play was designed to be run... Not to injure Talib at all... Just throw him off his route he was running.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker was running a crossing route. He was trying to pick Talib (every team does it)... Talib just happened to be running a lot faster than other players and slammed into Welker. Do I think Welker did that on purpose? Yes, but ONLY because that is the way the play was designed to be run... Not to injure Talib at all... Just throw him off his route he was running.

Welker said today that on the play he expected Talib to have to try and go around him but Talib either didn't see him or decided it was better to go through him but of course lead to the collision of the two. I don't think the Broncos would be stupid enough to send their smallest guy on the field who already has two concussions on the season into that type of situation. If you are going to do that then bring in a back up that doesn't mean as much to the team. I honestly think Welker expected him to slow up and try to go around and well they unfortunately played a game of chicken that neither backed down from.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker said today that on the play he expected Talib to have to try and go around him but Talib either didn't see him or decided it was better to go through him but of course lead to the collision of the two. I don't think the Broncos would be stupid enough to send their smallest guy on the field who already has two concussions on the season into that type of situation. If you are going to do that then bring in a back up that doesn't mean as much to the team. I honestly think Welker expected him to slow up and try to go around and well they unfortunately played a game of chicken that neither backed down from.

I don't really see how Welker thought Talib could get out of his way though. It was almost simultaneous when they ran into each other. Again, not saying Welker did anything intentional to hurt Talib... But it certainly was designed to interrupt the defenders (Talib's) path.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Talib even saw him. That is why they hit was bad. I honestly can't see Wes trying to hurt someone on purpose. It was a big hit, Talib got hurt...The End!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see how Welker thought Talib could get out of his way though. It was almost simultaneous when they ran into each other. Again, not saying Welker did anything intentional to hurt Talib... But it certainly was designed to interrupt the defenders (Talib's) path.

Well that is the intention of a pick play to cause the defender to be interrupted during the play. I think Welker thought Talib would be looking a little more of what was going on around him and he wasn't. If you watch the guy who was actually on Welker he realized what was happening and was making a move to get out of the way of Talib if he did decide to side step Welker on the play. It is a quick play that with how fast these guys are playing sometimes guys get hurt. Heck the series before DRC of the Broncos got hurt on a very similar play. Thankfully he was able to come back but both teams were doing these exact same plays so to say this one was worse than any of the others to me is ridiculous. Belichick coming out today commenting on the play really surprised me like I said considering both teams ran a ton of these yesterday. I would say the Broncos and Patriots run these plays more than any other teams in the NFL.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Talib even saw him. That is why they hit was bad. I honestly can't see Wes trying to hurt someone on purpose. It was a big hit, Talib got hurt...The End!!

exactly!!

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Bill, gotta find something else to blame now.

Perhaps the mediocre team you have put together?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is wrong.
Aqib Talib is the best defensive back in the NFL. He is the best player in the history of the sport.

Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and Wilt Chamberlain have nothing on Aquib Talib.
They all pale in the aura of greatness surrounding him.

Clearly, the Patriots were a one man show......they only made it to the 3rd consecutive AFC title game because of Talib.

Talib would have single handedly beaten either the 49ers or Seahawks...He is that good.

That only reason Denver eked by in triple overtime by 1 point with a controversial call is because Talib was purposely injured.

New England wins by 50 pts with him.

I am sort of paraphrasing the sentiment.
But, that is how I understand the Talib factor as explained by Patriots fans.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aqib Talib is the best defensive back in the NFL. He is the best player in the history of the sport.

Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and Wilt Chamberlain have nothing on Aquib Talib.

Clearly, the Patriots were a one man show......they only made it to the 3rd consecutive AFC title game because of Talib.

Talib would have single handedly beaten either the 49ers or Seahawks...He is that good.

That only reason Denver eked by in triple overtime by 1 point with a controversial call is because Talib was purposely injured.

:pound:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pure gold! :10:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was this in hammers excuses thread? if not it should be added

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player out of 53 goes down and your chances of winning are crippled? Sounds like the Pats weren't as good as you kept telling us, Mojo!

Again Uber Douche where did I say that? I swear you sit in moms basement one hand down pants the other on the keyboard, just waiting for a Pats thread to appear so you can climax.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Uber Douche where did I say that? I swear you sit in moms basement one hand down pants the other on the keyboard, just waiting for a Pats thread to appear so you can climax.

You're becoming obsessive with the personal stuff, Mojo. Maybe you should stay on the Patriots board if you don't feel comfortable out in the open.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're becoming obsessive with the personal stuff, Mojo. Maybe you should stay on the Patriots board if you don't feel comfortable out in the open.

LOL Thanks for the reply so you got nothing. As I figured. :laugh3: