• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hip-Hop Fans: Is Eminem's New Album, Revival, Any Good?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting one. Before I give my 2 cents, I should comment that Eminem is my favorite music artist of all time, not just in hip-hop.

Revival has received a lot of flak. Most reviews I've seen are mixed, it has a 63/100 from critics on Metacritic, and a 5.7/10 on the user score (161 reviews).

I haven't listened to the whole thing in its entirety. Probably half so far, probably will finish tomorrow. I get where the criticism is coming from. On first listen of what I've heard, and, again, I haven't heard it all, it's pretty mediocre. Some songs are decent. I like 'River,' but honestly that's mainly because of Sheeran's chorus. 'Like Home' is good. And I also do like 'Untouchable.' 'Bad Husband' is pretty meh.

The first 3 songs on the album are trash. Straight trash. Honestly, I'm not ragging on Eminem; he's my favorite artist and he doesn't have to put out any more albums to make me think higher of him. But seriously, if I was him, I wouldn't put that shit out. It's embarrassing. Trap-rapping on 'Believe' is just a joke. (And I don't even hate all trap-rap, but Eminem is too talented for that.)

When I finish it, I'll give further opinion. What do you guys think?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Omar 382

Yo, dude...this topic would probably generate a lot more traffic/feedback for you if it were posted in the general forum instead.

Please don't take this the wrong way but, this board is pretty much a place for REAL music en such.

jus' sayin'

FTR: I do like and appreciate some old school rap/hip-hop....but it's few and far between.

:suds:

Last edited: