• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Highly impressed with Dalton

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kid has had:

-No OTA's,
-truncated Training Camp
-brand new offense being implemented
-he is (of course) a rookie to boot

He threw for the most yards in franchise history for a rookie QB...and he practiced basically two days this week. He looks like a real leader and has yet to turn the ball over. There are going to be rookie growing pains...which I can stomach, if they are not repeated over a period of time. He has to get rid of the ball, for example, and not take the sack on that last drive.

2 games (road games at that)

66.1 completion %
3 Td's
0 Int's
105.7 QB rating

I am liking what I see so far...and yes, I know it's early but it's still pretty damn impressive.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dalton looked good. Green looks ridiculous. But Simpson still can't catch. Benson is awful. And the offense just can't score.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton looked good. Green looks ridiculous. But Simpson still can't catch. Benson is awful. And the offense just can't score.

Agree completely, although I won't complain about 23 points (yes I know it was only 22 but in reality it was 23)

The fact that Gresham was a total non factor shocked me. How can someone who should cause any team mismatch problems be such a non factor????

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, but even that point total is misleading. We only score when we're down and HAVE to score. Early, we're content to kick a few FGs and play field position. Winning times score TDs, and we don't, at least not when it would help.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, but even that point total is misleading. We only score when we're down and HAVE to score. Early, we're content to kick a few FGs and play field position. Winning times score TDs, and we don't, at least not when it would help.

would you rather them not score at all, ask Seattle or KC whether it matters when they score, if one or 2 plays have an inch here or an inch there youre talking about a Bengals win where they havent won since 1975, I think this squad deserves some credit. The thing Im looking for is if theyre getting better and they are.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Benson would do much better if the line could block. He isn't Barry Sanders who doesn't need a good offensive line. The blocking in the Denver game was horrible.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with icehole3,these guys are getting better.We had soooooo many chances to win that game! We have to take the positive's from this game and move forward,and we did have alot of positive's to go on.Need more blocking on the O line and the reciever's need to still get used to Dalton as he needs to get used to them.Only time will tell.Everyone have a great week and god bless! WHO DEY!!!! :cheer2:

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so pissed the Offensive line isn't getting called out at all here. Any team that has a number of third and one's and the line can't break a whole open on multiple occasions is the problem.

Yesterdays game had two huge problems. Denver ran pretty much any time they wanted. The Bengals Offensive line couldn't block for shit.

Dropped passes can be thrown in there as well for the Bengals.

But Dalton is playing like he did in college. He is doing us here in Katy Texas proud. We all here locally have known this kid has what it takes. Just the rest of you don't know it yet.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so pissed the Offensive line isn't getting called out at all here. Any team that has a number of third and one's and the line can't break a whole open on multiple occasions is the problem.

Yesterdays game had two huge problems. Denver ran pretty much any time they wanted. The Bengals Offensive line couldn't block for shit.

But Dalton is playing like he did in college. He is doing us here in Katy Texas proud. We all here locally have known this kid has what it takes. Just the rest of you don't know it yet.

You'll get no defense of Benson here. Hell yeah the line could have blocked better but Benson has sucked in short yardage situations since he has been a Bengal. He gets happy feet for some reason and tries to bounce outside instead of just putting his head down and plowing for the yard. It's part of the reason he doesn't get in the endzone as much as his stats suggest he should.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard for me to say anything good about a ginger. Those fucking people are creepy.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to say anything good about a ginger. Those fucking people are creepy.

He may yet prove to be a ginger(doubtful) but you have already been proven wrong about his limp wristedness.....kid's got enough arm...

:ss::ss::ss::ss::