• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey YOU SF natives

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so.....

jelly4.jpg

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff...thanks for all the info...hope the fans at the game are as cool y'all.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the weather right now? My brother and I are making our first trip to SF(my first actually) on friday through tuesday(and yes, we got the MNF tix). So being a prepared individual, how's the weather like? I checked NOAA and mentioned slight rain, do ya'll agree?

Is it chilly?

also recommend any good spots? I keep hearing the Piers and a Mitchells?

any input would be great, thanks!

Supposed to be raining this weekend? Should have stayed and watched Real Madrid, Cal...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cha Cha Cha Haight

Food is really damn good as well. I love the plantain fries with a special dip, jerk chicken, really good guacamole and on and on. Walk down the street to Zazie and have the Baked Chocolat Chaud for dessert.

desserts

Zazie is phat.

Nobb Hill has some solid food. If you're looking for Asian food, hit up Clement street - there is no better collection of Chinese restaurants in one area anywhere in the U.S. if you ask me...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cha Cha Cha Haight

Food is really damn good as well. I love the plantain fries with a special dip, jerk chicken, really good guacamole and on and on. Walk down the street to Zazie and have the Baked Chocolat Chaud for dessert.

desserts

Yup, Cha Cha Cha definitely got my belly growling... Haight District I will look out for.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see...gonna go check out Haight, (my inner-hippie says so). Gonna check out Golden Gate Park, the Pier and the Wharf....Am I missing anything? I've got 2 solid days to get all touristy.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see...gonna go check out Haight, (my inner-hippie says so). Gonna check out Golden Gate Park, the Pier and the Wharf....Am I missing anything? I've got 2 solid days to get all touristy.

Pier 39 is just a tourist trap but you can see and hear the sea lions there, but Fisherman's wharf has some good food. If you head to Golden Gate Park check out Land's End near Louie's (good diner food cash only)and the Cliff House for a quick hike to get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the ocean side. Pretty awesome, and its free. Course if it's raining screw that.

Haight is ok near the park but lower Haight is pretty crappy stay outta there.

Take a walk on Columbus near Washington Square good restaurants and since it's a dudes trip Broadway and Columbus has a mix of skanks and clubs/bars. I'm just sayin.

Market street is mostly a dump and a waste of time except near 3rd and 4th street - but that's a shopping district near Union Square so I don't think that's really for two brothers.

Check out the ballpark on 3rd and King if you want to see where Champions play!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pier 39 is just a tourist trap but you can see and hear the sea lions there, but Fisherman's wharf has some good food. If you head to Golden Gate Park check out Land's End near Louie's (good diner food cash only)and the Cliff House for a quick hike to get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the ocean side. Pretty awesome, and its free. Course if it's raining screw that.

Haight is ok near the park but lower Haight is pretty crappy stay outta there.

Take a walk on Columbus near Washington Square good restaurants and since it's a dudes trip Broadway and Columbus has a mix of skanks and clubs/bars. I'm just sayin.

Market street is mostly a dump and a waste of time except near 3rd and 4th street - but that's a shopping district near Union Square so I don't think that's really for two brothers.

Check out the ballpark on 3rd and King if you want to see where Champions play!

will do

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thx again, and sorry calamity, if I stole yer thunder;-)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the weather right now? My brother and I are making our first trip to SF(my first actually) on friday through tuesday(and yes, we got the MNF tix). So being a prepared individual, how's the weather like? I checked NOAA and mentioned slight rain, do ya'll agree?

Is it chilly?

also recommend any good spots? I keep hearing the Piers and a Mitchells?

any input would be great, thanks!

You lucky SOB! I'm pretty jealous

Lol have fun man. Hope you have a good one and enjoy a niner win.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zazie is phat.

Nobb Hill has some solid food. If you're looking for Asian food, hit up Clement street - there is no better collection of Chinese restaurants in one area anywhere in the U.S. if you ask me...

Word. Burma Superstar is my favorite restaurant on the planet. I love the Inner and Outer Richmond! Someone mentioned The House of Prime Rib. Great call, but you needed to get a reservation last week (unless you're cool with 9:30 pm on Sunday night). Best restaurant staff I've ever worked with. True professionals and good people. Enjoy!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cha Cha Cha Haight

desserts

Seconded. India Clay Oven on 25th Ave. and Clement, too. I'm a slave to the suburbs!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, thank so much for the recommendations. My bro n I wil sure try it all. Any good sports bars fpr Sunday?

Can't believe tickets for alcatraz are sold out lol!

I'm ovr at fishermans warf, close to a few spots

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, thank so much for the recommendations. My bro n I wil sure try it all. Any good sports bars fpr Sunday?

Can't believe tickets for alcatraz are sold out lol!

I'm ovr at fishermans warf, close to a few spots

Just depends on what kind of scene you are looking for...
Fisherman's wharf area (Pier 39) has a pretty good sports bar called Player's, but its pretty touristy. That's your best bet in the area you are staying though.

Lefty O'Doul's in the Union Square area can be fun on Sundays.

I like the Marina Lounge on Chestnut if you want a more local and laid back feel.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Head to the top of twin peaks for a 360 view of pretty much the entire city and beyond. It is free and well worth the trip.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and be sure to eat the fruit in the sangria when you are done. The apples pack a wallop.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bars, if you are in to rum there is a great place in Haight not far from the other places I mentioned. They claim to have the largest selection of rums in the country.
Hobson's Choice