• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey YOU SF natives

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the weather right now? My brother and I are making our first trip to SF(my first actually) on friday through tuesday(and yes, we got the MNF tix). So being a prepared individual, how's the weather like? I checked NOAA and mentioned slight rain, do ya'll agree?

Is it chilly?

also recommend any good spots? I keep hearing the Piers and a Mitchells?

any input would be great, thanks!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the weather right now? My brother and I are making our first trip to SF(my first actually) on friday through tuesday(and yes, we got the MNF tix). So being a prepared individual, how's the weather like? I checked NOAA and mentioned slight rain, do ya'll agree?

Is it chilly?

Awesome. I fly in Sunday, and am also going to the game. Can't wait.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely check out the Piers its a site

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it chilly?

I'm guessing Mitchell's ice cream shop on San Jose Ave at the corner of 29th St. Always has lines out the door/around the corner, even in rainy weather. Serves both individual cones/cups & take home buckets. Probably the best ice cream I've ever had.

Then again, you might have been pointed towards Mitchell BROTHERS strip club.... If that's what you're looking for, I'll let you figure it out yourself... haha

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout a good spot to drink...maybe some live music?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has micro climates because of its hill-y nature, so some parts of the city will be foggy & chilly while places like the Mission can be sunny & warm at the exact same time. Some sort of hoodie/coat is always recommended near this time of the year because it gets cold FAST in the city. The weather is supposed to have intermittent showers over the next few days, but you never know.

If you want a good view of the city, Diamond Heights is sort of in the middle of the city and has nice views. One of my favorite views of SF (especially at night) is from Billy Goat Hill located on Beacon & Diamond St, which has an awesome view of most of the City.

Golden Gate Park is beautiful on a nice day - has buffalo herds, conservatory of flowers, Museums, the Dutch Windmill, man-made waterfalls, etc.

OH, and the somewhat most important tidbit... Depending on your plans, SF is easier to traverse by public transit (because of more cars than parking spaces).....ESPECIALLY going to/coming from the Niners game. Driving to Candlestick within 2 hours of kick off is a NIGHTMARE, but there are public transit options via MUNI & BART subways/lightrails that can get you to and from the game pretty reasonably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider cold in SF? 50? 40? 70?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice to everyone visiting SF, but particularly a night game at the stick:

LAYERS. Bring versatile layers of clothing.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice to everyone visiting SF, but particularly a night game at the stick:

LAYERS. Bring versatile layers of clothing.

This! This cannot be overstated.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck on the sangria at Cha Cha Cha in Haight. Full pitcher and it is on and cracking.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any have-to-hit restaurants?

I like these restaurants:

Dinner:

Tadich Grill (usually a wait)
The House of Prime Rib (reservations necessary)
Scoma's (usually a wait)

Lunch: Swan Oyster Depot (go early or late to avoid the rush)

Brunch/breakfast: Sweet Maple

Good sushi and Thai restaurants all over the place.

Tons of good food in San Francisco - just depends on the area and how much cash you want to spend.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Mitchell's ice cream shop on San Jose Ave at the corner of 29th St. Always has lines out the door/around the corner, even in rainy weather. Serves both individual cones/cups & take home buckets. Probably the best ice cream I've ever had.

Then again, you might have been pointed towards Mitchell BROTHERS strip club.... If that's what you're looking for, I'll let you figure it out yourself... haha

Yeah, i wasn't sure if he had said brothers or not so i didn't type it. BUT that would be the spot he would recommend.... women strippers right? :suspicious: