• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's what I saw in the Raider game

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Our offense is un-stoppable when they are firing on all cylanders
  2. Our defense is aggressive and will present problems to all opposition. Thanks Del Rio!
  3. Clark will be fine replacing Clady. Manning is the QB after all
  4. WE HAVE WEAPONS!
  5. Our kicking game is a consistently good part of our game
  6. We're only going to get better with Champ and Von Miller
  7. Peyton is on a mission. Period.
Go Broncos! Good win against the Raiders!

MH64

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I saw.
oakland%20raiders%20memes%201.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points...Good to see Decker get going. I think defenses were starting to think he was an easy cover since he struggled the first couple of games as he seemed to be one on one all game so good to see him and Peyton take advantage of all that.

Good to see 2 backs average over 5 yards per carry and one of them was not Moreno. Ball and Hillman finally showed some promise. Honestly I think both of them just need some more carries to get in a groove as the season goes on. Not too worried about the fumbles of Ball yet. My guess is the coaches will have him carrying a football with him every where he goes with people trying to rip it out even in meetings to make sure he keeps remembering to hold onto that football.

Have to give a shout out to 2 guys that are just impressing me so far this season. The first is Del Rio...That guy without his top 2 players has this defense looking good. The run defense just looks elite and the pass defense knows when to take a few chances and force turnovers. Can't wait to see what happens when Von and Champ get back on the field. Half way through Von's Suspension and the team has still looked good. Got to love all those analyst that kept talking about how much the Broncos would struggle without him.

The other is Robert Ayers. Through 3 games the guy has 3 sacks. On pace to beat Dumervil's totals from last year and that is without Von being in the picture yet to take pressure away from him. The guy not only has the sacks but has done really well in the run game (given the whole defense has). Just seems like the whole Dumervil being gone has been way over blown.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points...Good to see Decker get going. I think defenses were starting to think he was an easy cover since he struggled the first couple of games as he seemed to be one on one all game so good to see him and Peyton take advantage of all that.

Good to see 2 backs average over 5 yards per carry and one of them was not Moreno. Ball and Hillman finally showed some promise. Honestly I think both of them just need some more carries to get in a groove as the season goes on. Not too worried about the fumbles of Ball yet. My guess is the coaches will have him carrying a football with him every where he goes with people trying to rip it out even in meetings to make sure he keeps remembering to hold onto that football.

Have to give a shout out to 2 guys that are just impressing me so far this season. The first is Del Rio...That guy without his top 2 players has this defense looking good. The run defense just looks elite and the pass defense knows when to take a few chances and force turnovers. Can't wait to see what happens when Von and Champ get back on the field. Half way through Von's Suspension and the team has still looked good. Got to love all those analyst that kept talking about how much the Broncos would struggle without him.

The other is Robert Ayers. Through 3 games the guy has 3 sacks. On pace to beat Dumervil's totals from last year and that is without Von being in the picture yet to take pressure away from him. The guy not only has the sacks but has done really well in the run game (given the whole defense has). Just seems like the whole Dumervil being gone has been way over blown.

Ayers said early on that he would bring that if given the chance. he obviously felt he hadn't been given the chance before. I'm glad he was able to stand by his claim.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver ran the ball 35 times for 164 yards (4.7 yards per carry) and a TD.

I like that!

Decker had a monster game. good to see him back in the flow.

defense, for the most part, was good, but a little shoddy at times. The first Oakland score should never have happened, tho.

a little sloppy at the end and I don't think PM was real happy about that.

Brock should have gotten some playing time. I know PM loves to play, but Brock need his work, too.

Montee Ball needs to learn this is da pros and he can't be dropping da rock like that. He had 2 fumbles as a college player and he's had 2 in 30 carries as a pro.

Oh ya, one other thing. Denver has won 14 straight regular season games, tying a franchise record.

Will Philly be the one to set a new record against?

I'm thinking, yes they will...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Von mentioned in an interview last year that Ayers would have had more sacks but he got there a split second sooner. I will enjoy seeing what happens when Von comes back and starts drawing some double teams

a little sloppy at the end and I don't think PM was real happy about that.

It seems like we have been getting into the soft prevent defense very early which makes the game look closer than it really is. I would like to see us finish out a game strong.

I might catch some crap for saying this but the raiders did not quit. I was impressed. They lack talent but have the heart to stay in it, even when they are getting the crap beat out of them.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fair observation, broncosrock. Recent Raiders teams would have packed it in once the game was out of reach. This team kept fighting. If DA succeeds in changing the state of mind and culture of losing the Raiders will be a much better team. That may not show up in the W-L columns this season. Then again, they may be good enough to swipe a couple wins from the Chargers and Chiefs.

I also agree with you on our scoring defense. I count a total of 24 garbage time points against the Broncos: 10 by the Ravens and 7 apiece for the Giants and Raiders. I hate to see that kind of stuff but it is good to know this defense is much better in real life than they appear to be on paper. I have a feeling the opponents scoring totals are going to go down once Champ and Von return.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a fair observation, broncosrock. Recent Raiders teams would have packed it in once the game was out of reach. This team kept fighting. If DA succeeds in changing the state of mind and culture of losing the Raiders will be a much better team. That may not show up in the W-L columns this season. Then again, they may be good enough to swipe a couple wins from the Chargers and Chiefs.

I also agree with you on our scoring defense. I count a total of 24 garbage time points against the Broncos: 10 by the Ravens and 7 apiece for the Giants and Raiders. I hate to see that kind of stuff but it is good to know this defense is much better in real life than they appear to be on paper. I have a feeling the opponents scoring totals are going to go down once Champ and Von return.

As much as garbage time points frustrate us fans they happen all the time in the NFL and in the end the only stats that matter are the wins or losses. I do know our defense has a lot of pride though and just listened to Malik Jackson calling into 104.3 and he talked about how upset they were that they allowed that. Right now though I think it boils down to just getting a few of our starters back healthy and a lot of those things get cleaned up pretty quickly. Such as I don't think the Raiders score a touchdown in that first half as Champ would have been covering Moore instead of DRC and Champ might have allowed the catch but he is the best tackling corner in the NFL in my opinion. Throw in here in a few weeks getting Von back and that guy will make life a living hell for quarterbacks and will make it that much easier for our secondary. Have to say though I hope Nate Irving keeps getting a lot of playing time as he was a beast last night against the run.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as garbage time points frustrate us fans they happen all the time in the NFL and in the end the only stats that matter are the wins or losses. I do know our defense has a lot of pride though and just listened to Malik Jackson calling into 104.3 and he talked about how upset they were that they allowed that. Right now though I think it boils down to just getting a few of our starters back healthy and a lot of those things get cleaned up pretty quickly. Such as I don't think the Raiders score a touchdown in that first half as Champ would have been covering Moore instead of DRC and Champ might have allowed the catch but he is the best tackling corner in the NFL in my opinion. Throw in here in a few weeks getting Von back and that guy will make life a living hell for quarterbacks and will make it that much easier for our secondary. Have to say though I hope Nate Irving keeps getting a lot of playing time as he was a beast last night against the run.

Agree, I too think that the first half touchdown the Raiders was not earned rather a gift by two Broncos backs colliding during the play.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I too think that the first half touchdown the Raiders was not earned rather a gift by two Broncos backs colliding during the play.

Here is a decent breakdown of that play from a Raiders fan. I think he's right. The Broncos took themselves out of this play more so than the Raiders making it happen. They capitalized on the defense's mistake, so there's that. It's the kid of play I think we'll see less of once Von and Champ return.

Here is the breakdown:

Moore was running an in route. Pryor was looking downfield at I think Streater in his drop and then locked onto Moore. It wasn’t a full telegraph, but it was enough to get the safety moving for a big hit before he threw. The ball was neither zipped nor floated but he didn’t lead Moore at all. Moore was able to slow up on his in while the CB on him tried to jump the route to the inside and the safety came flying in based on the vector Moore was taking in order to remove his head. Both DBs ended up exactly where you’d expect an accurate QB to put the ball on that pattern and ended up tangling each other up. Moore, already slowed enough from watching the ball, was able to spin back and run through the field that the safety cleared out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials threw a couple of BS flags but that didn't change the outcome. The defense had no chance against Peyton, Pryor threw well although the Denver Broncos didn't care about Pryor beating them through the air.

Peyton is a lot better than I thought. I keep thinking he's going to get too old but that's not happening any time soon I think.

Bottom line our defense was picked apart, our offense did an O.K. job. Our level of play is definitely better than the past 10 years or so.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials threw a couple of BS flags but that didn't change the outcome. The defense had no chance against Peyton, Pryor threw well although the Denver Broncos didn't care about Pryor beating them through the air.

Peyton is a lot better than I thought. I keep thinking he's going to get too old but that's not happening any time soon I think.

Bottom line our defense was picked apart, our offense did an O.K. job. Our level of play is definitely better than the past 10 years or so.

I think it's a combination of things. He's smarter because he's older. He's a world class athlete, so even at his age he's still got the physical tools. Add to it he's surrounded by the best supporting cast he's ever had and the results have not been pretty for the opponents.

But what I like the most about it is the mentality this team displays after a win. They won 13 regular season games last year, so another win in the regular season this year is just one step along the way. I don't remember this level of focus last season. They were still trying to sort a lot of things out, develop chemistry, etc... But this year is something else.

The truth is many of us Broncos fans before last season would have said the team was not a Super Bowl contender. A playoff contender, but not a Super Bowl contender. I had them at 10-6 (maybe it was 11-5) and reaching the second round of the playoffs. Sure, once the results were actually in, they got a lot of hopes up. It's not every year you go 13-3. But in the grand scheme of things, it's really not fair to look back at the 2012 team and say it was a disappointment. It was a good stepping stone year for this team, and from the looks of it they are even better this year than they were last year.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally... the ones making the biggest deal of 12 are Pats fans... I tried nice conversation without being a troll and most were just brutal. 12 was still a success and 13 is so much sweeter for it

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Pryor has played A LOT better than anyone expected him to. It seemed as if he was more of an afterthought in Oakland until now. I thought he was destined to ride the bench basically forever, or until someone noticed him just sitting there collecting a paycheck. Good for him working his way into the lineup.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally... the ones making the biggest deal of 12 are Pats fans... I tried nice conversation without being a troll and most were just brutal. 12 was still a success and 13 is so much sweeter for it
The weird thing is how people seem to reduce every failure to only Payton Manning. The entire team played badly in the playoff loss, not excluding Manning..but it took all of them to lose, not just him...I've never seen Bailey play worse than he did that day.
Pats fans somehow seem to think they are still a SuperBowl contender so they dog any team that thinks they might take that place.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are nothing more than regular season darlings at this point. However like other posters, I'm gaining a sense of intensified focus. I don't remember a season in recent history where the regular season felt more like a grind on our way to the post-season than this one. Maybe 1998, when the Broncos were so dominant. The media has us hyped as a Superbowl favorite and I hate the attention to be honest. I love the philosophy of one game at a time, when you root for a team that has this much talent.

Peyton Manning is ultimately judged by his post-season performances and while a bit unfair, it's how all the great ones are judged. I feel like the moon and stars are aligned with this team, this year. It's funny how expectations change any fan's perspective on regular season games. I fully expect that the Broncos can and will get better over the course of the season, but it almost feels like none of it matters until January. Will we be healthy? Who knows!

Other than my boredom with the regular season, this has been a very entertaining start to say the least. I'm already counting on a playoff birth and can't wait to get the playoffs going. Weird to say that in September, isn't it? My how things have changed!

Go Broncos!

MH64

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are nothing more than regular season darlings at this point. However like other posters, I'm gaining a sense of intensified focus.

I'm thinking they know what could have been last year when they blew it and they are not going to let that happen, this year.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing is how people seem to reduce every failure to only Payton Manning. The entire team played badly in the playoff loss, not excluding Manning..but it took all of them to lose, not just him...I've never seen Bailey play worse than he did that day.
Pats fans somehow seem to think they are still a SuperBowl contender so they dog any team that thinks they might take that place.

THANK YOU... Bailey was just horrible in that game along with the entire secondary... Peyton and Holliday put up 35, that should always be good enough to win a game. The rest is on the defense, The last pass by Peyton though was terrible. MAN WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT ONE YEAR MAKES

Would like to hear from all BRONCO fans and NON TROLLS... here is my question How many TD's will Manning throw this year

A) 40-46
B) 47-52
C) 52-56
D) 57+:yahoo:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is on fire but when the weather gets bad is all Im worried about with the offense and the pass defense does need work. Yes it will be better when Miller and Champ are back but it is a concern. There is alot of speed on the Eagles so the Broncos need to be ready on a short week. Besides that there is nothing else on this team that I see as a problem.